Wedding Woes
Options

Cranky, cranky Monday.

How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was fine. My hand still hurts and I’m cranky about it. I slept really poorly so it’s a particularly Monday, Monday. 

But I'm going to the city on Friday to see my friends and I’m really excited about that! 

Re: Cranky, cranky Monday.

• Options
    Meh. I have a dentist appointment today for a cleaning and I don't want to go. 
  • Options
    Meh. I have a dentist appointment today for a cleaning and I don't want to go. 
    Ha.  When I was in school, my mom made dentist appts right after school.  I hated the dentist so much that a lot of times “I forgot” and stayed after school to do extra studying and stuff.  I’d rather stay after school than visit the dentist.

@mrsconn23, sounds like a great party.  Sure, I’ll take some tacos.  Fed-ex ‘em my way.  Sorry about H’s knee. 

• Options
    @mrsconn23 Darn, I was in Indy this weekend. Could have picked up some leftovers on the way out of town. ;)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, your weekend sounded like it was so much fun!  Though I'm not sure that "too many tacos" is a real thing, lol.

@CharmedPam, I'm glad you had so much fun at the Reba concert!  And congrats on winning some cash on top of it.  I was at a Pat Benatar concert a few years ago and there was a drunk woman being too rowdy and, although she wasn't kicked out, security came to talk to her.  Just for some perspective, I was in my early 40's at the time.  And was one of the youngest people there, lmao.

My weekend was a huge waste of time.  Every hour, by the hour, the weather forecast is predicting heavy rains/thunderstorms.  New Orleans was basically shut down.  We didn't go to our duplexes to do any of the DIY work we had planned, because we were worried about getting stuck and not being able to come home for hours, if streets flooded.

And what really happened?  Some drizzling on Sat.  Heavier rain here and there on Sun., but nothing unusual.  Not one thunderstorm the entire weekend.  Don't get me wrong.  I know there was devastation other places.  I'm very grateful it was so much better here than predicted.  But really?  REALLY?!?!  With all the technology we have nowadays, weather forecasts are that FAR OFF!!!  Even when looking briefly into the future.  Not very reassuring, to put it mildly.

Today is a super busy day at work.  Super busy week, really.  I need to figure out when I can take some vacation days to help with the DIY at our new duplexes.  But I feel like every time I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm sent down another shaft.  I use the phrase "light at the end of the tunnel" all the time.  And it just hit me today that common term...way back when...came from mining.   And I do, coincidentally, work for a client in the mining industry, lmao. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The weekend was good.  I seem to be having a lot of "I sat on my butt" weekends.  Though I do feel indulgent and lazy, TBH, they're probably really good for me, mentally.  I'm itching to start getting the apartment really organized though.  I think I might take my bonus and buy a bunch of good boxes from UHaul and start the process of cleaning out the storage unit and really purging/donating.  It'd save money and I'm just ready to feel organized.

K and their mother have driven OOT to buy a new car (probably).  Apparently, K's brother went through a LOT of cars while they were living at home, and mom has decided to be fair, they need to buy K a car after graduation.  K's current car has quite a few issues and it's become a game of "how much to sink in before new(ish) car" vs. just buying now.  K found what seems like a really good deal, so they're out doing that today.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I just saw what happened to your finger on the Friday thread!  Yikes!  I hope it starts feeling better soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a decent weekend. It was the first one in quite a while that wasn't booked up with a million things, so we had planned to just chill. We did on Saturday, but then yesterday my sister invited us to the pool, watch a game, and dinner. It was fun, but I had a little too much tequila and I'm feeling it today. I'm also looking forward to next weekend. If the weather cooperates, we're going to shoot the hooch. 
  • Options
    We got back from San Diego yesterday. It was Pride so that was an extra bonus. I already want to go back, even if it's for a day trip. We're thinking of doing Coronado this weekend if we're not too exhausted from the week. I did fall super hard on Saturday night. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I'd fallen down stairs, because I managed to sprain my ankle, my elbow, my wrist, and scrape up my knee. And I have bruises literally everywhere. I even have one on my boob, and that one truly confuses me. I'm a little bummed because I can't really go to the gym until my joints have recovered. My ankle is bad enough I could barely walk yesterday. Oh, and my phone broke during the fall, so I'll be going to get a new one today. But otherwise it was fun and we were able to hit up some of our favorite restaurants and bars. 

• Options
    I've been trying to update all morning but it's been a serious Monday ....

So Friday, BabyKitten had to be picked up from daycare cuz she was just completely out of sorts. M ended up leaving early since my office was short staffed. He gave her motrin and let her have 2 pouches. She was obviously hungry but her poor mouth hurt :(
    It's a molar. Nasty tooth ....

Saturday she napped early, and since M and I had a bank appt {which we scheduled after her typical non-daycare nap time {which is around 11am}
    Of course, she didn't have a 2nd nap at my mum's - which my mum tried, but apparently too much happening.
    Bank appt went well and finances are figured out - luckily. It felt worse than it was tbh.
    BabyKitten passed out in the car and kept falling asleep while I made dinner. M let her rest on him while food was made. I opted for pasta because it'd fill her up and it's soft.
    She basically conked out for the night right after dinner lol

Sunday was M's actual bday. I ordered breakfast on Skip the dishes, then BabyKitten had a nap and I opted to lie down for a bit too. I've had off and on headache for a bit. I think it's sinus tbh but I'm not sure as I'm out of sinus meds. I'm gonna pick some up Thursday with groceries.

Went to MIL and sFIL's place for dinner. Got home and then BabyKitten then proceeded to fight bedtime for 2hrs.
    Course she's tired today. So is mama ... 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I hope BabyKitten feels better! Those molars are the absolute woooooooorst. Babypants has been getting 3 of the final 4 molars in back-to-back for the past couple of months. I'm definitely going to celebrate once that last one is completely in. 

Babypants had week 2 of soccer on Sunday. This time was the opposite of the first week - this time she wanted NOTHING to do with the beginning and then randomly started kicking the ball down the field and participating for the second half. The rest of the afternoon all she kept saying was "Fun play soccer" it was super cute. 

Today is a waste of a day. It's gorgeous outside with low humidity and I'm stuck indoors in my office. I have zero meetings and zero motivation. 

So I decided to spend an hour of my life that I will never get back reading one post on another board. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I hope BabyKitten feels better! Those molars are the absolute woooooooorst. Babypants has been getting 3 of the final 4 molars in back-to-back for the past couple of months. I'm definitely going to celebrate once that last one is completely in. 

Babypants had week 2 of soccer on Sunday. This time was the opposite of the first week - this time she wanted NOTHING to do with the beginning and then randomly started kicking the ball down the field and participating for the second half. The rest of the afternoon all she kept saying was "Fun play soccer" it was super cute. 

Today is a waste of a day. It's gorgeous outside with low humidity and I'm stuck indoors in my office. I have zero meetings and zero motivation. 

So I decided to spend an hour of my life that I will never get back reading one post on another board. 
    Ugh that last sentence is such a tease lol
  • Options

Ugh that last sentence is such a tease lol
    I wasn't sure if it would be a TOS violation for me to name the board it's on. But you don't have to wwander very far. 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2019
    I spent my lunch hour posting our rental ads for my unit that the tenants are moving out of at the end of this month.  So at least that is a big check-off on my to-do list for the day.

And this time, I also remembered a smaller, associated check-off.  "Print Applications", lol.  We've already spoken to the tenant, since she'll still be living there for the next couple weeks, and she okayed us to do an "open-house" style showing for1-2 hours on Tues./Thurs./Sat. of this week.  So, since we'll probably be doing some showings tomorrow, I want to make sure we have the preliminary applications, in hand.  I know that sounds old-school, but it's more a contact info/references/pre-qualify for potential tenants that doesn't have a fee.

Assuming that check's out, then there is an online application through a 3rd party site that pulls the stuff like eviction/criminal records and the credit report.  That one does cost money, paid directly by the potential tenant to the site.  Which is why I like to make sure there's nothing on the prelim. application that would disqualify them anyway, before they pay a fee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ei34 - cake looks great!  I’m sure he loved it

So prime day deal:  instapot is $60.  pressure cooker is $70.

which one do I want? Does it really take THAT much longer to do food in a pressure cooker?

• Options
    Since Thursday its been and up and down roller coaster!  Thurs DD was dropped at daycare.  Not even 5 minutes later, I get a call to pick her up and rule out ringworm...  For a mosquito bite.  So I get her and ask if I can get in with a doctor quick, can I bring her back. They said yes, so I just went to the closest Urgent Care (H goes to this one).  The doctor there said its a classic bullseye for Lyme.  EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MOSQUITO BITE FROM TUESDAY!  The coloring had even filled back in to all red since he kept touching it so much. So he does all sorts of research to get the antibiotic dosage, etc.  And even though Lyme isn't contagious, he will not give me a note for daycare, I have to go to the Pedi.  Now, mind you, I'm feeling like a shit mom for thinking its a mosquito bite and he says its Lyme, among other reasons.  So I stayed home with DD and made a Pedi appointment for later to get the note.  We go there and the Pedi says - that's not a bullesye rash.  We got a blood test to be sure, but that's not Lyme.  I feel much better now, knowing I was right all along, but also because it would have been 21 days of a strong antibiotic that her little system doesn't need.

Friday was a good day.  I left work an hour early, we went to the Phillies game.  The Phillies sucked, but their fireworks show after, was great!  It was DDs first real fireworks show and she loved them!  Saturday was just some work around the house, church and then dinner at a Brazilian meat place since H had a birthday coupon for it.

Sunday we relaxed in the morning and went to BIL/SILs for Hs birthday dinner with his family.  They have a pool, so H and I went in with DD.  She wasn't fully sure of herself, so mostly sat on a step, but she had a ton of fun!  We get home and I notice she is really warm.  She had a 102 fever and developed a cough.  H stayed home with her today to take her to the Pedi again.  Strep was negative, so they think its viral.  She will be home again tomorrow.  Poor kid just can't catch a break these first 2 weeks of July!  But she is doing great at potty training!
  • Options
    Ugh, @OliveOilsMom I hope your daughter feels better! And honestly shame on that Urgent Care doc for a) not knowing what Lyme actually looks like and b) for giving you the runaround!!!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

which one do I want? Does it really take THAT much longer to do food in a pressure cooker?
    An instant pot is a pressure cooker. Look at size and functions. I don’t love mine. 
  • Options

We mainly use our instapot as pressure cooker because #ricelife

Look up recipes for instapot before deciding though
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 MOLARS ARE EVIL AND NEED TO STOP HURTING THESE BABIES!!!
    She just got her last front tooth {before eye teeth} at the beginning of the month and I saw it back then but figured that mound would just SIT THERE .... guh. How long does it take to break? I'm hoping for relief for her soon :(

Aww! We have a field near our place and I saw some kiddos playing soccer while driving home yesterday. So friggen cute.

@mrsconn23 You can send some of that extra food my way ;)

@ILoveBeachMusic my mum had just BabyKitten on Saturday and was tired lmao I can't imagine twins