Wedding Woes
Options

What day is it even?

Wednesday, I guess. 

SO much trouble focusing the last few days I can't even keep track of my days and we're super busy at work so that's no good!  I've been sleeping super hard every night but even so, it's been really hard to wake up feeling rested and refreshed.  Hopefully it passes soon. 

Nothing else exciting happening this week.

Re: What day is it even?

• Options
    I hope it’s Wednesday because I put my garbage out to be picked up...

last night I got out of work a bit late and went to costco right away.  I saw a bunch of cars stopped in the other direction (I’d take home) but that was normal for after work traffic.  I left costco with a shit ton of meat and produce and my 20 minute commute turned into 50 because of the damn construction.  They took miles and miles and miles of a busy road and tore it up all at once and it went down to 1 lane for a very long time... instead of doing it bit by bit so cars wouldn’t be in a 1 lane for hours!  I don’t get it?  I panicked because I didn’t have the insulated bag in my car and a 20 minute ride home is long enough for my perishables.  Phew! That’s a long story for me to basically say I should invest in those insulated cooler bags. 

• Options
    @Casadena what trimester are you in? I had issues sleeping up until week ... 16? Slept fine for awhile then week 25-ish it went to shit again.

Slept shitty also last night. So tired but couldn't sleep for awhile, then BabyKitten woke up at like 11pm for a little milk and snuggles.
    Obv she also woke up at 530-545am .... I staved her off until almost 6am, so I'm not sure when she actually got up.
    We don't drop her off at daycare until almost 8am, and she already was getting tired. Just as I'm mentioning to her daycare about something, she smirks at us, waves and takes off down the hall .... we both laughed and I let her go chase my child lmfao

We're looking for baby gates for our house. It's child proof but we'd rather keep her in the living room since she's very much at the point of getting into things.
    We currently just line stuff up by the edge of the rug and create a wall, but she's getting crafty and more mobile so it's getting harder to retain her.

Anyways .... we're looking at something like this:
    http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13001479

Unless someone has something better they use?
    I'm unsure of the size we need yet, but we're measuring this weekend once we try to clear stuff up {in hopes that will help}
  • Options
    Today is going better for me at work!  We received our Home Equity money yesterday, so I told H we are Thousandaires!  Ha!

I have to head over to Container Store to pick up our new kitchen trash can since H broke ours on Monday night because he was mad he dropped chocolate cake on the floor - so he took it out on the can!  I ordered online and the only two cans they had in stock were both damaged, so I have to see if I want either of them.  I was offered a further discount if I get one of them.  I already used 15% off coupon and got 12% back via ebates!  So another $15 off would be awesome!

Tonight I'm going to a wood stain and stencil class.  And because I can't post pics to TK anymore.  https://www.arworkshop.com/projects/framed-wood-signs/  I am doing the Octopus one on the top row tonight.  It will be for our main bath upstairs.  I will eventually add in a similar one with either coral or starfish.  But this project place can be pricey!  I wait until a discount night!
    Your husband = me.  I can totes see me doing that!

love the teal and white of those pictures!  I would love that class.  I need to look into things like that.  

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom Whooo! Thousandaires!
    Tbh ... I'd be pissed if I dropped cake too ...
    Those are cute signs :)

@CharmedPam Damn construction season :( glad your stuff didn't go bad! I've taken to putting meat in a bag that's got the foil inside. That way if it leaks, it doesn't get every where.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger are you looking for something permanent or something that can be taken up or down?  We opted to create a "Play Town" and bought two baby gates that screw into the wall and linked them together.   It kept the kids and the toys mostly contained at toddler age.   It was something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-D%C3%A9cor-Gate-North-States/dp/B005DOS2EE/ref=sr_1_42?keywords=screw+in+baby+gate&qid=1563378389&s=gateway&sr=8-42

Now they're older and the toys are all over the place. 
  • Options
    @banana468 mostly "for now" but unsure when it'll come down. Hmm that one does look interesting though
  • Options
    Charmed - You can choose from like 20 shades of paint too!  So I'm probably going to do more of a navy over teal, since that goes better with the bathroom. 

MKD - H wanted a play yard thing like you linked, but I didn't.  I thought it would make the living room look really small.  We installed an adjustable gate between the living room and kitchen. https://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Soft-and-Wide-Gate/dp/B00AJSJFYA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3&th=1 I found a great deal on this one on a facebook yardsale page - $20!  For the bottom of our stairs, we got a wide opening gate.  https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Easy-Close-Metal-Baby/dp/B004CLBX2M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=munchkin%2Bbaby%2Bgate&qid=1563379433&s=baby-products&sr=1-1-spons&th=1 It is a tension one too.  We love this one because it is wide (we actually returned one gate, since the opening wasn't very wide) enough to easily move through it carrying DD or a laundry basket.  It is also a sturdy heavy metal.  We bought it direct from Munchkin using a coupon for a first purchase online and a good % from ebates.  Amazon was out of stock at the time, but purchasing direct from Munchkin ended up cheaper due to the %s off.
  • Options
    There was an accident last night that made my commute almost 90 minutes. By the time I got home and ate dinner, it was time to go to bed. And I think with the rain we're expecting, today and tomorrow will be more of the same. Ugh. I need to find a new podcast to pass away the time. 

Pretty much SSDD here. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, my friend with 1ish year old twins has two or three of those they set up outside for their girls, and they love it. I don’t know if they use it inside much but the times I’ve seen it outside it is super easy to put up and take down. 
  • Options
    @Casadena what trimester are you in? I had issues sleeping up until week ... 16? Slept fine for awhile then week 25-ish it went to shit again.

Slept shitty also last night. So tired but couldn't sleep for awhile, then BabyKitten woke up at like 11pm for a little milk and snuggles.
    Obv she also woke up at 530-545am .... I staved her off until almost 6am, so I'm not sure when she actually got up.
    We don't drop her off at daycare until almost 8am, and she already was getting tired. Just as I'm mentioning to her daycare about something, she smirks at us, waves and takes off down the hall .... we both laughed and I let her go chase my child lmfao

We're looking for baby gates for our house. It's child proof but we'd rather keep her in the living room since she's very much at the point of getting into things.
    We currently just line stuff up by the edge of the rug and create a wall, but she's getting crafty and more mobile so it's getting harder to retain her.

Anyways .... we're looking at something like this:
    http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13001479

Unless someone has something better they use?
    I'm unsure of the size we need yet, but we're measuring this weekend once we try to clear stuff up {in hopes that will help}
    I just hit 16 weeks and was sleeping fine til this week.  I did order one of those big U shaped pregnancy pillows during prime day - so maybe that will help!
  • Options
    Only a day and a half of work then I’m off to the city and not back to the office until Tuesday! Not like I’m counting down or anything. 

I go back to the doctor for my hand tomorrow as well. Hoping for good news and a small/no cast. 

Other than that SSDD; it’s super hot and humid and I don’t want to do much of anything. 
  • Options
    There was an accident last night that made my commute almost 90 minutes. By the time I got home and ate dinner, it was time to go to bed. And I think with the rain we're expecting, today and tomorrow will be more of the same. Ugh. I need to find a new podcast to pass away the time. 

Pretty much SSDD here. 
    I recently found “Ologies” and really enjoy it. The host interviews experts from different fields. It’s informative and her enthusiasm is great. 

I am so happy this week is almost over. Though, in 2 weeks I am leading a twice a week summer camp at the stables. They way they organize it is super wacky to me but I will do it their way this year before offering suggestions. 
    My friend is bringing over her newborn tomorrow. I am very excited to meet her but a little nervous because DS has been congested all week and it doesn’t seem to be going away. He has had a low fever on and off too. I told her but she insisted she needs to get out of the house and is coming so I hope it is okay. 
    I decided that Monday I will redeem my second massage from the BOGO offer I used. It is at the fanciest spa place and it is for 90 minutes. It expires on the 31st so I have to use it and Monday seems like the perfect time, lol. 
  • Options
    S+S - Cassie has adjusted well!  She really doesn't have any issues.  The first few days she was able to pry open the gate at the bottom of the steps and go upstairs to look for us.  But we reinforced the gate more and hasn't happened since.  She is also bonding with Olive, so sometimes she will even leave my side to go check on her.  I can really thank Olive for the easy adjustment.  She watches Olive just sit there while I leave and does the same.  The biggest thing is when I come home, she jumps up and down like crazy.  She has knocked DD over and even landed on Olive a few times.  We are going to look for a trainer soon, to start working on that behavior.  Me walking past her and ignoring her until she calms down doesn't seem to work much anymore.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Extra long commutes suck...sorry about the craziness at work @Casadena
    Get that massage @missJeanLouise! @MissKittyDanger I really liked the North States Superergo babygate...kind of temporary, we bought two and just popped them in and out of whatever doorway we needed them in.  By her second birthday my oldest was climbing over all of the gates (including the more permanent ones mounted to walls) which made something more simple/temporary even more practical for us.  She made sure to teach her younger siblings how (I guess she's the Nip in our family @short+sassy lol)...but gates are awesome at BabyKitty's age!

Another pool day.  I have chicken marinating in homemade Aji Amarillo sauce but kind of want to stick them in the oven and come sit in the air conditioned living room instead of firing up the grill..
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I'm exhausted today.  Got up at 5 to get stuff done before heading out at 7:45. Drove 50 minutes in POURING rain to get there. I was planning to drop 6let at camp then spend the day in that town with the little two.  The town is an absolute shithole though and it was too rainy to even hit a park. 

We were planning to head to my parents after camp, but I decided it would be best to just spend the day here.  So we loaded back up for another 45 minute drive.

We got here and work had gone to shit.  I spent the next 2 hrs trying to clean things up with that and got a text that camp was ending at 1 instead of 3.  So, back in the car I got.  Luckily my mom was home with the littles and my dad rode with me for company. 

Got back here and got back to work.  Now I have to help my mom get ready for dinner. 

Two more days of camp. Two more days.

Two more DH stories though.  I had said for my bday I'd like him and I to go the soccer game.  We only have two season tickets and he usually rotates through taking the kids.  He tried to coordinate his dad taking them, but that fell through.  So he mentioned getting a sitter. 

The game is Saturday.  I asked him today who was going to the game.  He asked if I could get a sitter.  NO. One it's Wednesday I highly doubt one is free and two this was supposed to be my gift.  I don't want to deal with getting the sitter.

He was supposed to register the boys for tryouts, but never got around to it.  Tryouts are THIS weekend.  He says last night he needs my computer to do it.  I'm currently ON my computer at my parents. He never registered them so now I get to.

Grrrrr. I'm trying to be kind though because he has his second interview today.

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom majority of our main floor is open concept. We just wanna keep her by the toys and prevent her from going to plugs, cat food, stairs, etc. So we need something longer to kinda run our rug?
    I'll get a photo and post tomorrow

@Casadena until it comes in, try a pillow between your knees. Also try a snack and drink right before bed.

@charlotte989875 we've got a fenced yard and it's relatively small. Are your friend's kids climbers/explorers?
  • Options
    @short+sassy  It's funny Izzy didn't try after seeing Nip do it!

@ei34 Downside is BabyKitten is a climber per say. She's not climbing for the sake of climbing, she always has a goal {sit on the chair, get x thing beyond barrier,etc} and recently discovered how to get on the couch {swing one leg up, tippie toe, pullpullpull, roll}
    So i'm kinda nervous if she'll try to climb it ...
  • Options
    I took a half day and was off this afternoon.  I took DefConn grocery shopping. 

I realized that it was the last day for Kohl's cash, so off we went.  I ended up scoring him two pairs of shoes (vans and under armour) for under $50.  We then went to Walmart and bought fans.  And then I decided to go ahead and get supply shopping over with as well.  It was actually a smart move on my part because we're 2 weeks out from the first day, so everything is not picked over quite yet.   

So DefConn is ready for 3rd grade with supplies, shoes, and new threads.  And I got to perform my favorite illusion, the one where I look like I have my shit together.  ;) 

I'm off the next 2 Wednesdays, so this takes that running around off my plate too and we can do something fun instead.  :) 
  • Options
    Oh, small vent from Amazon Prime Day yesterday.  And had a similar issue last year also, smh.

Put two things in my cart with the special Prime Day pricing.  Thank goodness I was sharp-eyed and caught it!  But one of the prices was not reflecting correctly.  It's hard to tell because the price in the cart is the same as the normal price.  And then you have to look at the total to see how much discount they are taking out.

It didn't seem like enough "discount".  So I had to take BOTH items out.  Then check out with each item separately.  Sure enough.  One of the items was not reflecting the discount when it was in the cart with the other item.  But had the discount when I checked out with it, by itself, smh.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom majority of our main floor is open concept. We just wanna keep her by the toys and prevent her from going to plugs, cat food, stairs, etc. So we need something longer to kinda run our rug?

@Casadena until it comes in, try a pillow between your knees. Also try a snack and drink right before bed.

@charlotte989875 we've got a fenced yard and it's relatively small. Are your friend's kids climbers/explorers?
    They are and their yard isn’t completely fenced, only on 3 slides so they wanted something enclosed. The girls can pull themselves up on the sides but they can’t pull them over. 
  • Options

They are and their yard isn’t completely fenced, only on 3 slides so they wanted something enclosed. The girls can pull themselves up on the sides but they can’t pull them over. 
    That's what we'll have to keep an eye on BabyKitten is a semi-climber {as I mentioned, she's not climbing for sake of climbing} but as long as it's safe if she does haul herself up - I'm good.