DIY Wedding Forum

Post-reception, night-of cleanup in MPLS?

So, our wedding is 3 weeks away, and I just realized how unattainable it might be to depend on our guests/parents to help us clean up after our reception. We do not have a DOC, and everything needs to be out of the venue by midnight the night-of. Anyone have recommendations in the Twin Cities (wedding in MPLS) for a couple people or a company that could help us clear out all our stuff in an hour? There shouldn't be a bunch, but more than a group of drunk guests could probably get done in an hour. 

Re: Post-reception, night-of cleanup in MPLS?

• So, our wedding is 3 weeks away, and I just realized how unattainable it might be to depend on our guests/parents to help us clean up after our reception. We do not have a DOC, and everything needs to be out of the venue by midnight the night-of. Anyone have recommendations in the Twin Cities (wedding in MPLS) for a couple people or a company that could help us clear out all our stuff in an hour? There shouldn't be a bunch, but more than a group of drunk guests could probably get done in an hour. 
    This is an international board so you probably won’t get many responses specific to your area, but your guests/parents should NEVER be expected to help clean up. You definitely need to hire this out for the entirety of the set up and take down. 

• Have you tried posting on Thumbtack, Craigslist, or local wedding Facebook groups? I would try there first, but absolutely don't rely on your guests to clean-up. 
  • Cleaning up yourselves is a sad way to end your day.

Your parents might be willing, but it depends on the level of cleaning. Is it just taking gifts, decorations, and vases to the car? Or is it actual sweeping, hauling trash, etc.? If the former, it can't hurt to ask your family only--no guests--but if the latter, you do need to hire a crew to do this.

I did the gift haul thing for my D's wedding, with a little help from the venue staff and my son, and it took about 45 minutes to pack a minivan. There is no way I would have been willing to do actual cleaning, so don't ask anyone you aren't paying to do this.
  • Awesome solution! Hope your big day goes off without a hitch :) 
  • @smassignan, it's not really an international board. Most of the world doesn't conduct their lives in English. The vast majority of the posters here are North American, with a few from other Anglophone nations. However, you are correct in assuming that this is a very wide territory in which to seek local advice! I'm glad you found a solution!
  • I'm actually in the MSP area - glad you worked it out with your caterer - please be generous with the people that show up to do that portion with an envelope (i.e. extra tip just for those individuals)..  

I do know a few DOC up here, but since you've got it worked out - YAY!!  And yes, even though this is an international board, the MSP boards aren't remotely as active as they once were (there is a group of us who are still relatively close IRL from years ago that met on TK)...