Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Invite Wording...It's Complicated

My mom, dad and step-mom all are contributing to my wedding financially.  My fiance and I will probably contribute a very small amount.  My in-laws didnt contribute financially but have been there for us every step of the way and will be hosting a nice rehearsal dinner.  My parents have a bad relationship, one wants their name on the invite, the other does not.  Does anyone have a way to word the invitation most appropriately?? Im stressing out big time over this.  Thank you! 

Re: Wedding Invite Wording...It's Complicated

• The invitation indicates who is hosting, not who is paying. Hosting means keeping track of RSVP's, greeting guests at the reception and being a point person for questions from guests/vendors. If you and your FI will be doing that, then the invitation is issued in the third person. If a parent is doing it, then the parent's name is used. It really doesn't matter who wants their name on the invitation. The rehearsal dinner is a separate event and will have it's own invitation issued by your future in-laws. An example of the wedding invite:

The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of (if it is at a place of worship otherwise use "the pleasure of your company")
    Bride's name
    to 
    Groom's name
    on Saturday the seventh of October
    two thousand nineteen
    at five o'clock
    Church name (or venue name)
    address 

If a parent is hosting:
    Mr. John Smith 
    and
    Ms. Jane Jones
    Request the honor of your presence (or pleasure of your company)
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Bride's name
    to 
    Grooms name
    on Saturday the seventh of October
    two thousand nineteen
    at five o'clock
    Church name (or venue)
    address

If the reception is being held at the same place you can add an line indicating "reception immediately following".
    If the reception is at a different place, include a reception card.

If the parent who is hosting doesn't want their name on the invite, then I guess I wouldn't use it.  Hope this helps.

• So and so "together with their families" - that's how I worded our invite. 
  • It's weird without CMGragain to answer questions about invitation wording.

But it always amazes me how whenever someone has a question about this, they always bring up a breakdown of who is paying however much of the costs.