Wedding Woes
Options

MONDAY !!

What's shakin' today?

Re: MONDAY !!

• Options
    We had a great weekend!  The weather was absolutely gorgeous!  I got to fill up on crabs Saturday and had a beautiful late morning in Cape May.  DD was a ton of fun this weekend and only had a few times where behavior warnings were issued!  LOL!  Cassie seems to be relaxing at my parents shore house more as well.  Olive was loving spending all the time outside too.
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom great weekend all around :)

@sparklepants41 Yikes! Glad the person was nice enough to come in and get it dealt with, despite the hassle.
  • Options
    We had a great weekend :)

Saturday we went to M's nanny's place {BabyKitten's great nanny} and we saw M's dad.
    M is really curt with him. He's really mad at him and his dad just isn't getting it. Like if you knew your kid, you would tell by body language and tone that he's upset. *sigh* It's not my place but I wanted to say something ...

Sunday we went to the lake {which is an hour or so away} and it was good. A short day but good.
    M went kayaking around. He planned to play with us a bit, but after playing in the water, BabyKitten was shivering so much. I got her back into clothes, but M had to wrap her in a towel and bear hug her to get her warmed up.
    I think next year, I'm gonna get one of those poncho style towels so she can stay wrapped up after I use another towel to dry her.

I took a bit of a nap when we got home. I was starting to get a headache before we left, and I'd hoped with air, sun, coffee and some meds, it would have subsided ... but nope. I figured it was from being tired.

She ended up sleeping thru the night last night, which definitely helps. One eye tooth cut {either last night or this morning, idk} so I think that was what the issue was. We still have molars, but if we can catch up on sleep a bit before those come, that would be great.

Also gives a bit of time. I feel like we've been giving her so much Motrin lately :( I may swap for something else.

Do you ladies know what's an anti-inflammatory for meds? Tylenol isn't.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 how are they coping with other pets?
    Sweet babies <3

@climbingwife Urg same! Fresh airrrrrr
  • Options
    that sucks @sparklepants41 but I'm glad the person did the right thing and found you
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 how are they coping with other pets?
    Sweet babies <3

@climbingwife Urg same! Fresh airrrrrr
    The poor cat was terrified. She hid on the table or in the basement all weekend. 

• Options
    I had a good, fairly tranquil weekend.  It's restaurant month in NOLA right now (Coolinary) which we've largely had to ignore (sniff, sniff)) because we're too busy and watching funds.  But we caught a Coolinary lunch special on Friday for a restaurant near us we'd been wanting to try anyway.  We didn't care for either of our appetizers, but did like the entrees.

Apparently, one of the Little League teams from a nearby suburb (River Ridge) won the World Series over the weekend against Curacao.  It was the first time a team from Louisiana had even won the Nationals, much less the World Series.  

I don't want to jinx myself, but work is becoming almost manageable.  I haven't picked specific days yet, but I'm already looking forward to some vacation days.  Where the only place I'm "traveling" is to my couch, to watch Law and Order reruns, lol.

I even learned a new Excel trick this morning that will speed up one of the main tasks I do.  Basically, how to sort a column, but ignoring the first three characters in each cell.  Though now I'm kicking myself I didn't look this up a few years ago!  I found the right formula in just a few minutes.  Oh well.  Better late than never, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hope work remains manageable @short+sassy ugh what a way to start your week @sparklepants41 yay for all the nice weekend stuff everyone!

We had nice cool weather..didn't even use the AC overnight.  Cooking/baking marathon Saturday and Bronx Zoo Sunday...actually just got in from the Queens Zoo a half hour ago bc the cooler temps continued.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    You guys - my BABY Chiquito met his Kindergarten teacher today. 
    OMG NO!!! How is he old enough to be going to kindergarten!! :O 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 Omg I totally missed the baby news! {distracted by pups} Congrats on deciding to try! <3 
  • Options
    That's great news about your mom @MNNEBride
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Wonderful news @MNNEBride
  • Options
    Great news MNNE!
  • Options
    @MNNEBride Great news! :) 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Hope work remains manageable @short+sassy ugh what a way to start your week @sparklepants41 yay for all the nice weekend stuff everyone!

We had nice cool weather..didn't even use the AC overnight.  Cooking/baking marathon Saturday and Bronx Zoo Sunday...actually just got in from the Queens Zoo a half hour ago bc the cooler temps continued.
    I like the "zoo" shows on Animal Planet and have seen all the episodes that take place at the Bronx Zoo.  Looks like a great zoo.

But now I'm excited that they've added a series about the San Diego Zoo this season.  That was MY zoo growing up, lol!  Yay!

@MMNEBride, I'm so glad to hear her test results are clean!  Really great news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That’s great news about your mom @MNNEBride!

What a bummer of a Monday @sparklepants41

Congrats @charlotte989875!

I am exhausted today. Work was really rough and then yesterday we had brunch for FI’s grandma’s 96th birthday. For some reason his parents made the brunch reservation for an hour before the restaurant closed. So we drove an hour an a half to be there for less than the same amount of time, which was a little annoying. Afterwards we went back to his sister’s house and watched a movie and had dinner. Not too much is happening today. 

• Options
    This weekend was somewhat boring.  All I did was watch TV and organize/clean the apartment.  It's getting there.  I did have to tell K I thought they were going to have to purge more, which I'm really not in favor of; I'm just not sure where the hell else things can go.  I'm trying to maybe find some storage that can go in the bedroom, but I'm not really gungho about that option.

I started watching True Blood.  It seems to be a trainwreck I can't look away from.  I also started watching Creating A God in Central Florida with Kirsten Dunst and it is so.good.  Also, I get to see My Neighbor Totoro tonight in the theatres  and I'm really excited about that.  It's one of my top Studio Ghibli movies and I've only ever watched it on my television.
  • Options
    I just remembered the stupid VMAs are tonight in Newark. Please dear god, don't let this wreak havoc on my commute. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am BACK.
    I mean, y'all didn't know I was gone, because I was to sick to post.
    I went to my mostly-a-sister's local wedding reception.  I got food poisoning.  THe Mr. got food poisoning.  My parents got food poisoning.  My sisters, who flew up for the shindig, got food poisoning.
    The kid, who ate purely desserts while there, was fine.

But, 2 days of food poisoning = 2 days when I don't process my migraine meds = migraines until...yesterday, really.
    So it essentially took me out a week.  I managed to have it time w/ my days off so I only missed 1 day of work, and the mr 2, but, we were wrecks.

And today was the first day of school.  huzzah!

• Options
    GBCK said:
    I am BACK.
    I went to my mostly-a-sister's local wedding reception.  I got food poisoning.  THe Mr. got food poisoning.  My parents got food poisoning.  My sisters, who flew up for the shindig, got food poisoning.

But, 2 days of food poisoning = 2 days when I don't process my migraine meds = migraines until...yesterday, really.
    So it essentially took me out a week.  I managed to have it time w/ my days off so I only missed 1 day of work, and the mr 2, but, we were wrecks.

Holy crap! That's awful that so many of you got sick! Was it at a catering hall? 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ah gbck that sucks!!!
  • Options
    GBCK - OMG!  That is terrible - I wonder how many people in total were effected!  That is crazy!  Sorry you had to go through all that, but glad you are on the mend now!
  • Options
    GBCK said:
    I am BACK.

Omg awful!!
    I hope someone is telling whoever made the food!!