Wedding Woes
Options

Thirsty Thursday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited September 2019 in Wedding Woes
I felt like I did a lot last night when I got home, but in reality, I really didn’t.  I facetimed with my nieces.  My 7 yr old niece just came back from dance class so I asked if she could show me some moves.  She said “we just got settled in and I’m calm right now” (this was 1/2 hr before bed)

That was my sister in her head for sure. 

And ugh, my friend does not understand wedding ettiequte.  I got a wedding invite from someone I used to work with, it had both my husband’s and my name on it. I rsvp’d for us. But in casual convo told my friend who was also invited (with her bf) that my husband's work is screwing up schedules so im not sure if he can really make it.  She said to brig her daughter instead. Daughter is 22 and would have gotten her own invite had the bride wanted her there.  I told her you just can’t do that! 

I get and IM from said daughter saying “did my mom get it mixed up or is your husband not going anymore?”

ummm we’re still trying to get him that day off but even if he doesn’t get this day off anymore - I just can’t bring you!  What is so hard about this?  (And yes, I am still writing out a check as a couple - even if he’s a no show).

eta words

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    There nothing going on today!  I kinda like it!  I have to start putting in my billing for the month, so I'm going to work on that.

I got the new LG G8 Thinq and I like it!  It's so much different and more advanced than my old G4.  It's so crazy how tech advances these days.

I have to go to the bank in a little bit to transfer my final payment monies to my checking to pay off the siding guy.  Someone is coming out tomorrow to work on capping a part of our brick in the front and fix two small issues.  Then the owner will be by later to accept final payment.
  • Options
    This week is dragging ass. H has late hours so I’m going to try and surprise him with dinner. He’s been cooking so much lately that I’ve gotten spoiled. 

I found this new service called Grove Collaborative. It’s a service that delivers organic and eco friendly home cleaning products. Your first order gets you 20.00 off in products. I might give it a shot as I have been having a horrible time with sensitivity to harsh smells lately. 

Other than that SSDD
  • Options
    I am in PA and now on East Coast time. I‘m not sure how I’m still awake as I slept for all of 1.5 hrs on the flight. But I made it here and I’m ready to relax. 

• Options
    No winning for me at bingo last night, but my sister won a purse. 

I'm only working 1/2 day because we had DefConn's annual IEP meeting.  I got spend some time with new asst. principal at his school and I really like her.  And of course, his SpEd teacher is just the bee's knees.  

DH is adorably worried because of my rough annual appt yesterday.  I really think everything will be just fine when I go back next month (I mean, tell that to my head at 3am...but anxiety is fun that way), but it's reassuring that he's taking it seriously and is concerned.   It means lots of extra hugs and checking-in.  ;) 

Prudie day.  <3 
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017 I've heard of Grove Collab. A lot of youtubers use it ... I use method and recently Mrs Meyers came to be more available near me, but idk if I'd wanna use all that stuff constantly :\ 
    I swapped a lot of cleaning products when we started trying because bleach in bathroom spray was a lot and neither M nor I felt it was safe.

Not a whole lot going on.
    It was rainy a.f all morning and now it's pretty nice. I put BabyKitten in cute khaki pants today. Kids clothing just kills me. M is dumbfounded that baby pants have pockets but women's pants really don't.

Me: They take away our pockets to sell us bags! Just wait. We will revolt. We want pockets and bags!

2yrs ago today I got my positive test for BabyKitten <3 It's crazy how awful I felt so quick afterwards {legit a week later I got morning sickness like crazy!}

3yrs ago we got the keys to our house also! :)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 It's good he's concerned and you mention about snippy .... is he following up on that?
    When you go back next month, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go. Just for support :)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 It's good he's concerned and you mention about snippy .... is he following up on that?
    When you go back next month, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go. Just for support :)
    He might, but DefConn will be on fall break...so he'll probably stay home with him.  My friend offered to go with me.  I may take her up on it. 

Because I ran out the door when he got home last night, we didn't have time to look at a calendar.  But he's willing to make the appt to get it done ASAP. 
  • Options
    One of my DDs stayed home from school sick with a fever...thankfully H was off, I would've felt bad calling out sick when  I've only got a few days left at my job.  Just hoping it doesn't spread.  I dropped the elderberry gummies last spring but it may be time to pick them up again. 
  • Options
    There is some serious interoffice drama going on right now.  The person it's centered around has made a pretty danged big mistake; I'm upset merely b/c it's upset a good chunk of my coworkers and I don't want them all to leave over it.  I suspect, even if this problem person is removed, it's still going to happen now.  IDK, I guess we'll see.  I have bad feels about it.

We're going to see Abominable tomorrow night.  I think I'm going to go see Rambo tonight and I'm waiting to see the schedule for Judy!  Other than that, not too much going on.
  • Options
    Not much here. It’s Hs birthday tonight but he hates birthdays so we’re not really doing much. Probably having ice cream for dinner and watching football. Work is insanely busy. It’s all good but a lot.

My sisters birthday was yesterday but she was out of town on work so we’re celebrating on Saturday. I still need to figure out a present for her!
  • Options
    Yes to the elderberry @ei34!  Love that stuff!