Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Halloween!

And Prudie Day! 

My coworkers and I dressed up as nuns. Everyone is cracking up. We're the Sisters of Saint Procurement. 

Unfortunately the weather still sucks and it's going to be raining all day. Whomp whomp. 

Re: Happy Halloween!

• Options
    The weather is sucking here too.   There's supposed to be a lull long enough to try to get some ToT-ing in tonight but we'll see.   I need to get Chiquito into his costume and Chiquita needs to have hair hair sprayed to be Minerva'd up.

• Options
    Weather sucks here too.  It's supposed to start snowing soon.  

We're going to FIL's tonight for ToT.  We'll see how long it lasts.  We have enough candy from trunk or treat. 

We're going camping with the boy scouts this weekend.  We're going to be in cabins, but it's going to be cold AF for outdoor activities.   I'm shivering thinking about it. 

I'm looking over Prudie right now.  ;) 
  • Options
    I already opened up my candy.  I don’t expect to get much kids - if any at all.  Why did I have to get stuff I like?!?
    i’m also sick and wfh. Also whomp whomp

• Options
    I'm kind of digging the weather here. It's been rainy for the last 2 days, but it's supposed to clear off and temp drop this afternoon. It's 70 right now, but should be down to 50 by 6:00. I'm kind of loving that it's really feeling like chilly October. 

We rented a cabin up in the mountains this weekend. I'm really looking forward to having a fire and doing some hiking in the crisp, chilly weather. And I finally get to wear some fall clothes. 

I'm WFH, so currently dressed as a yoga instructor. The puppy has school tonight, so we'll most likely miss the 5 trick or treaters that usually come through my neighborhood. Oh well. 
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot Your weekend sounds amazing!  I'd love a cabin in the mountains for the weekend.

Wet and rainy here.  My one rabbit that likes rain is living it up outside, but the others are cuddled in their hutch.  I keep thinking of setting their heater up, but they have not actually shown signs of being cold yet, it's just me worrying too much about them.  

Hubby is handing out the candy for the first time this year.  I have to work until late.  I hope he remembers to turn the lights on so the kids can come ....

• Options
    One of my coworkers dressed like her boss/colleague, lol.  It's nothing mean, but it is funny.

The temperature really dropped and is our first "cold" day.  When I was leaving the house at 6:30AM, my H told me to dress warm.  Because the "high" for the day was 62...and we'd already experienced it.  Even that early in the morning!  It was just going to be dropping from there into the high 40s.

It was rainy and super windy overnight.  The rain stopped, but it's still really windy.  The power went out at my house for two hours in the early morning.  Then, about an hour after I got to work, the power went out here!  Ugh!   It was down for 90 minutes.  So I was sitting in my almost pitch black interior office, twiddling my thumbs, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My morning was interesting. I woke up to panicked texts from my anxious aunt asking about fire evacuations. I had no idea how close the fire was but we’re okay. It’s about fifteen minutes away but we’re solidly in the city instead of along the riverbed. But the cat rescue we got Aurora from did have evacuation orders. So I drove down to help evacuate the cats if needed and holy disorganization Batman. It’s a good thing they didn’t need to evacuate after all. I think sometimes I forget that I’m good in a crisis since it’s my job and I’m trained for emergency and crisis thinking. When it became apparent we didn’t need to evacuate they told people to go home. I gently suggested they make a list of everyone there who was available to come back, with their contact info and if they could foster any cats. They immediately agreed and were so surprised by the idea. They literally didn’t think about it. I’m trying to decide if it’s too forward of me to quickly type up an evacuation plan for them. If we had needed to evacuate quickly it would have been an awful mess. And there were so many volunteers standing around who could have been helping clean cat crates, gather food, etc. It was overwhelming. I just don’t want to come off as an asshole who thinks they know better. I think they became overwhelmed with both the fire and by volunteers (like me) who weren’t familiar with the place and all of the cats. But delegating goes a long way, especially for menial tasks that you don’t have to have any knowledge to perform. There were probably 25 people there. That’s a lot of people to get things done if they have direction and a goal. 

Today my plan is to gym, clean up the rest of the house and then FSIL and her FI are coming over. We might go to happy hour but I’m not sure yet. One thing is for sure though, we won’t be having a bonfire tonight. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween! 

• Options
    @levioosa, I'm so glad the shelter didn't have to evacuate.  And extra bonus points to you for thinking of them and going over to help, jic!  I think you should say something to whomever is in charge of that facility.  Phrasing it like an offer to help.  Something like, "Evacuating can be such a scary and hectic time.  I know at my job at XYZ, we have detailed evacuation plans.  It really helps to have an outline to follow, instead of trying to think of all the actions to take in the middle of a crisis.  Since I have some experience with this, I'd love to help put together an evacuation plan for the shelter." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That’s a good idea @short+sassy. I do want the shelter to have success. And oh my goodness all of the kittens were so cute I just wanted to take them all home. 

• Options
    Levioosa - I agree with S+S with how you can offer to help.  I hope that all of these wildfires can be contained and extinguished soon.  I'm praying for everyone out there including the firefighters.   

But once the fire is out and things begin to normalize again.  Reach back out to them and offer to assist again.  I have been to refineries for work and one thing that always sticks out to me are the emergency binders.  They are usually large and kept in prominent spots in the different offices.  They also usually have large font telling what type of emergency binder it is - so it can be grabbed quickly.   Since it sadly seems like wildfires are becoming yearly occurrences out in CA, it would be a good idea if they can get themselves an organized and helpful evacuation procedure written down.
  • Options
    It's been a busy a.f week and BabyKitten isn't sleeping great. Idk what it is but she needs to quit it now!
    She woke up at 5:30 but we tried to push her to go back to bed but by 6am I was so done. M and I got in an arguement because we're pretty tired - in general and of this.
    I just want him to offer getting up instead of me telling him tbh

Idk what we're gonna do going forward but we're both tired. TBH I really feel sorry for him cuz he goes to bed at like 1am - I've told him to go to bed earlier.
  • Options
    OMG @kvruns!  I cannot stop LMAO!  My favorite is T-Rex working on a computer.  As if it's just normal for dinosaurs to have office jobs, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns lmfaooooo i love you!!!
  • Options
    You win Halloween @kvruns

• Options
    That's awesome @kvruns!!
    Clear ponchos did the trick- my kids had a ball trick or treating.  Tomorrow is the end of our rainpocolypse, sunny Fri-Mon by me. Yay!