Wedding Woes

Wednesday - Looks like TK slept in today

I don't know about you all, but TK was down for me all morning.  That also happened a week or two ago.

Nothing much going on for me today.  Though my motivation is extra low, lol.  I've mentioned that another employee got trained in some of the work I do at the beginning of the month and has been sharing an office with me now.

On the bright side, she's taken almost all the stress out of my job because there was a LOT happening all at one time and no way I could get it all done.  But now, the majority of the crush of work has been done and it's back to the "usual".  Not enough work to do, which lends itself to me falling into a slump.

I'm also a little disappointed :(.  She is a very pleasant person.  I enjoy her company and she is a great office "roommate".  HOWEVER, she was only supposed to be here part-time.  She has other job duties and another office in a different building.  But she appears to prefer hanging out in mine when there is down time.  Now that my job is back to a dull roar...more like a dull whimper, lol...I keep hoping her other duties amp up and I get my office back to myself at least half the time.

But, overall, she's been a huge help, so I'm trying not to complain to my own self too much, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday - Looks like TK slept in today

• TK was acting wonky for me all morning. 

Unfortunately most of the people I voted for last night did not win. It's so disheartening. Also, we now have a superintendent of highways that has zero experience and is a career politician. 

I woke up with some weird lump on my arm, and I have no idea what is it. Kinda freaked out? It's red, and it hurts when I press on it. 
  • I'm just now checking in. Baby B was acting weird this morning and ended up throwing up in the car. Fortunately DH could come home bc I had client meetings at 9 and 10. He was acting completely normal right after he threw up so I told DH he could take him to daycare if he wanted to but he kept him home. Guess he just had a weird upset stomach bc he's been fine ever since. 

I have a migraine. I get headaches from neck/jaw pain and usually my chiro can fix it. I went Monday and the adjustment didn't really work - it didn't work last time either although I didn't get headaches until just now. I got too lax on my jaw exercises that have been helping so I need to get back into it.
  • I hope you feel better @kvruns

I’m also a little disappointed with the results of our election. It was a very small one but it looks like my candidate didn’t win. They’re still counting votes but she’s 4% behind so I don’t think that bodes well. 

Not too much going on today. I’m ready for the weather to cool down. 

• @climbingwife, maybe a bug or spider bite?  I got bit by a spider when I was kid.  The bite from whatever kind of spider it was, was not itchy.  though I've had other spider bites that were.  But the whole inside of my forearm swelled up to about twice it's size and turned red.  The swollen area was also warm and hurt a little bit when touched, but not too much.  It stayed like that for a few days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @climbingwife, maybe a bug or spider bite?  I got bit by a spider when I was kid.  The bite from whatever kind of spider it was, was not itchy.  though I've had other spider bites that were.  But the whole inside of my forearm swelled up to about twice it's size and turned red.  The swollen area was also warm and hurt a little bit when touched, but not too much.  It stayed like that for a few days.
    Interesting. It's not warm when I touch it, but that could be it. 
  • @kvruns I've been suggested physio for jaw issues. Do the exercises work? I've never had this before

TK was wonky for me too, but let it slide as I had a lot to get done.

It's been crazy busy, so a few things got shoved to the back burner. Unfortunately one thing that did, should have gone somewhere last week. It got sent this morning and luckily it wasn't time sensitive but it definitely could have gone bad really quick.

I'm slowly getting caught up. Slowly ...

M has an in-person interview Friday and a few phone and possibly another in-person coming soon.
    He legit got an email from a recruiter last night and they'd heard back from a few places around the same time.
    Tonight we're gonna see what nice shirts he has that still fit, and trying to find his dress pants. If we can't find his pants, we're just gonna buy a new pair at Walmart on Thursday.

BabyKitten is learning so much lately! Yesterday M was getting her undressed when they got in and she took her own sweater off. Not like accidentally, but on purpose she dropped it off her shoulders, took her arms out and handed it to M! He was quite surprised.
    She knows where her ear and nose are, but not constantly.

We're kinda gearing up for what dr will ask for her 18m appt. Even if the dr isn't concerned, they have to fill out a survey/list. I think she does majority of stuff, but I figure we should work on things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4hnhnxn93z/
    Cute photo from this morning of M getting BabyKitten ready to leave :)
  • I'm a bit sad about the election results.   Ours were town wide only and I'm happy our 1st selectman was voted in and all other votes really appeared to go for anyone who didn't have an R next to their name even if the incumbent was a well-liked, well-respected R with years of experience.    The DC mud slinging is trickling down to the local level and it just doesn't apply here but there are some seriously butt hurt people who have an ax to grind.

We now move on and continue to keep this great down great.   Anyone active loves living here and for the most part we respect one another.

I do have to giggle.   There's one guy who is a notorious shit stirrer on the local FB forums.   DH asked him enough pointed questions pointing out that his theories had more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese so he blocked DH.  I asked him pointed questions this week (saying that both an incumbent and his opponent have done the same thing so if you are against one you're against both) and now I'm blocked.   Dude's a jerk and anyone who has half a brain sees it.  And he is clearly not just a jerk but a thin-skinned one who now wants to create visible dialogues on the local forums only of those who he can possibly get to believe him.  
  • @climbingwife I would guess bug bite. I've had a spider bite and swore it was a small pimple. Mine was itchy though. Try putting something on it - if you don't have any bug bite cream, polysporin I find works - and then you'll know
  • TK has been wonky since last night.

I’m so over this person in our department. When can she get promoted? 

• Whew, I just realized I hadn't been on all day.  I split up my work load into assigned days for big tasks and today is my "work on settlements" day.  Which I really loathe, but it's a big job and has to be finished in a timely manner.  I just finished up the last one at 3:30 and now I'm sipping hot chocolate and waiting for 5.  I'm so sleepy I could sleep at my desk.

We didn't have any candidates votes, but we did have 2 issues.  I actually forgot to vote, but both votes went the way I would've wanted them to. 
  • kvruns said:
    @mobkaz I’m sorry you are dealing with anxiety. Always feel free to share even if it feels little to you because it is nice to get it out sometimes. 
    Totally agree! Even if people have “big” things going on doesn’t mean the things in your life are any less real or important to you! We’re always here to listen. 
  • Just wanted to say @mrsconn23 thinking of your Mom & your family today. Hope she’s doing all right. 
  • @mrsconn23 I hope things are going OK for your mom.   I've been thinking about you.

@MobKaz please don't belittle yourself for anxiety.   I've witnessed what it can do to DH and also what treatment can do.   In my own self the older I get the more I fear I'm burning the house down any time we had out as a family.   I have more than once looked at DH and said, "I think the iron/oven/stove is on" and every time I turned the thing off and every time I am overwhelmed for hours.
  • kvruns said:
    @mobkaz I’m sorry you are dealing with anxiety. Always feel free to share even if it feels little to you because it is nice to get it out sometimes. 
    Totally agree! Even if people have “big” things going on doesn’t mean the things in your life are any less real or important to you! We’re always here to listen. 
    This.  My anxiety is terrible and I can pick away at any issues and make them huge when they're not.  ((hugs)) Anxiety is bullshit. 
  • @MobKaz, I find myself doing the same thing as I get older (45)!  I was just commenting to my H the other day, "When did I start worrying about driving and start driving like my mom? lol"

My mom has an aversion to unprotected left-hand turns and would drive around blocks to keep from making them, unless she had to.  I find myself starting to do that more and more, lol.  And I almost always do for the main grocery store we shop at, which is where we were when I made my comment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MobKaz Oh do not fluff off anxiety! You get triggered by something, it is 100% something to talk about!
    I dislike that your dr is fluffing it off. My mum learned about anxiety/depression years ago because my dad suffered from it and she needed to know about it for my sake.
    She was told that even people who don't suffer from it regularly will get a spike at certain ages.
    Teens - hormone related
    40s - mid life crisis
    70s - mortality

Those aren't set in stone ages obv, just an average but it definitely sounds like you should be pushing your dr to help you figure this out - whether they opt for meds or sending you to a counselor to learn about coping methods, or even both depending on how you feel.

I will definitely post photos of BabyKitten as I can .... I like to humble brag because she's cute {if I do say so myself} :)
  • @MobKaz, I find myself doing the same thing as I get older (45)!  I was just commenting to my H the other day, "When did I start worrying about driving and start driving like my mom? lol"

My mom has an aversion to unprotected left-hand turns and would drive around blocks to keep from making them, unless she had to.  I find myself starting to do that more and more, lol.  And I almost always do for the main grocery store we shop at, which is where we were when I made my comment.
    Giiiiiiiiirl, I’ve always done this.

Giiiiiiiiirl, I’ve always done this.
    Oh yeah!  For her, it wasn't an "age" thing.  She always did that.

But I didn't ;).  And now I'm starting to, lol.  I'm not nearly as bad as her yet.  But more and more I'm, "I hate that busy intersection.  I'm taking (insert alternative, more circuitous road) to avoid it." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is a protected left hand turn?
  • What is a protected left hand turn?
    At an intersection if you need to make a left-hand turn a protected turn means that you have a green arrow pointing left so you know that there is no oncoming traffic that will come at you.

With an unprotected left hand turn you are at an intersection waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear while at a green light so you can make the turn.  
  • banana468 said:
    What is a protected left hand turn?
    At an intersection if you need to make a left-hand turn a protected turn means that you have a green arrow pointing left so you know that there is no oncoming traffic that will come at you.

With an unprotected left hand turn you are at an intersection waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear while at a green light so you can make the turn.  
    Ahhhhhhhh! I see. I was picturing some sort of weird median or something, lol.
  • banana468 said:

I hate all left hand turns. They make me nervous because people are stupid.
  • banana468 said:

Or there isn't a light at all!

That's my issue with the grocery store I'm talking about.  It's on a really big, busy street.  6 lanes (3 on each side).  The main exit doesn't have a light at all.  So I drive a block in the wrong direction to get to an intersection that has a light.

Come to think of it, it's still an unprotected left-hand turn, lol.  Because there isn't an arrow.  But at least I have a green light to safely drive across those first three lanes of traffic!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker