• Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget Weddings

NJ Wedding Venue Help

howering_khowering_k member
First Comment
edited November 7 in Budget Weddings
Hey Everyone!

My fiance and I are looking to get married in October of 2021. We are in Morristown, NJ and are willing to travel up to two hours. Our budget is $20,000 for the venue (less would be nice). We are looking to have no more than 125 people to keep the cost down. We both do not the like big ballrooms with "gaudy" chandeliers or legitimate barns. We have looked at Perona Farms Reserve, The Ryland Inn, The Stone House at Stirling Ridge since those are out style. They are out of our budget ($130 pp w/o taxes and gratuity) and the only one that was in our budget that we liked was The Hamilton Manor and The Mansion at Mountain Lakes. We could not meet the minimums for Friday or Sunday. We are open to a Friday, but Saturday is ideal and most venues have 150 minimum. I know The Knot does not have EVERY venue, so any suggestions would be great. I really like that industrial chic look (wood floors, bright rooms, brick, etc.)

Re: NJ Wedding Venue Help

• Check with local KC, Lion's Club, AMVETS, VFW, Legions, golf clubhouses, etc. halls and recognize that it's more about what you bring to an event in energy and fun than a fancy venue.  It's a lot more fun and relaxing to have $5-10k of budget left over to use on things like a down payment for a house than to go over budget and into debt.  Or, for that matter, a simpler venue and upgrade all things related to guest experiences like a larger slice of cake or dessert buffet, steak instead of chicken, linen service, centerpieces, etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should join the NJ Brides facebook group. They are extremely helpful with stuff like this and other aspects of planning. 
  • Thanks! Just did :)
    knottie8dfbbd539fd5a83b