Wedding Woes

Hump, hump, humpity, hump day.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2019 in Wedding Woes
I was mansplained what 'between a rock and a hard place' means yesterday.   Same person told me they basically didn't understand what they were signing when they were spending thousands of dollars (almost $20k y'all).  But he's very smart and thinks because I could speak intelligently about an industry I've been in for almost 20 years that I went to college.  Well dude, I didn't...but I'd also read the fine print before spending my money.  That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.  ;)

DefConn has a very specific idea for a pair of shoes he wants for Christmas, brand and style.   I found what he wants, but I'm not spending that kind of $$ on an 8 year old.  So...still searching.  

The sun is out today!  Yay.  My house is so cave-like when it's dark and dreary out.  

SSDD otherwise.  :)

Re: Hump, hump, humpity, hump day.

• what shoes does he want? happy to try to bargain hunt online
  • kvruns said:
    what shoes does he want? happy to try to bargain hunt online
    He wants Nike hightops in black and blue.  A little white is OK.  He needs a boys 5.5.  ;)  I've found a pair of midtops that might work at DSW and Nordstrom Rack.  I want to look at Zappos and 6pm, but that's a rabbit hole I don't have time for at the current moment.  I did find a pair that were about $80, but I'm trying to keep this under $60. 
  • Do you have DSW rewards? If not sign up for an account (free) or sign DH up and they usually send a $10 or $20 coupon within a couple days. That could stack with any % off savings coupon they put out too.

I'll search around too and see if I find anything under $60
  • kvruns said:
    Do you have DSW rewards? If not sign up for an account (free) or sign DH up and they usually send a $10 or $20 coupon within a couple days. That could stack with any % off savings coupon they put out too.

I'll search around too and see if I find anything under $60
    I've been a member for years.  ;)  I was actually a Tuesday Shoesday winner once. 
  • The dog woke me up 20 minutes before my alarm went off because he wanted me to pet him. He didn’t need to go outside or anything, just wanted some attention. So glad H is coming back today. The dog misses him and remembers it at 5am. 

Not much going on today. My computer keeps crashing at work so that’s awesome.  
  • Every day I hold out hope that I'm waking up feeling better but this stagnant cold is still hovering.   I've decided that tomorrow is my call the doc day if I still have a residual sinus/snot/cough situation.   Enough is enough.   We have too much coming up through the holidays including hosting nearly 20 people for Christmas to still feel like this. 
  • I put my rental ad up on Facebook Marketplace yesterday around 1PM.  I was getting worried because things started out slow.  But, by the time I got home, it had sped up!  I spent about two hours replying to ads and setting up showings over the next few days.  This is for our first unit that is ready from the two duplexes we are rehabbing.  I'll post some before/after pics later today.  Crossing fingers!

I feel so bad for my H.  His back was in pain yesterday and I know he woke up a few times in the middle of the night from the pain.  But he has his usual really busy day today, especially with two showings set up.  I was going to suggest he stay home and I'll take some time off work to do the showings, but he seemed a little better once he got up and moving.  He doesn't know why it is hurting.  He doesn't usually have back problems.  Hopefully it just goes away as quickly as it came on.

My dog also woke me up in the middle of the night.  She wasn't trying to, but she kept making all of these rustling sounds.  In my half-awake state I was worried something was wrong, but didn't investigate further other than to briefly glance at her a couple times.  At my first glance, she was under the covers at the foot of the bed.  My second glance, she had just emerged from the covers on the side.  That was when the rustling finally stopped.

I think what had happened is she had fallen asleep under the covers with us.  And she'll usually stay like that for awhile.  Then she'll always at some point get out from under the covers and go lie at the end of the bed.  I think the rustling I heard was her trying to do that.  But took a long time figuring out how to get out from under the covers, lmao!  My H often calls her a "dingus".  Oh Izzy!  You are the cutest, but that was a dingus moment, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I picked up the Santa pictures for DD and they came out great and between our Santa visit and the prints, I'm in for only $15!  Good deal!  

After dinner, H went out to fill up the car with gas and DD and I stayed home to start decorating the inside.  She was amazed everytime I unboxed a new Santa figurine!  I'm hoping to avoid an elf by telling DD that the various Santa statues are watching her!  But her daycare room has an elf, so I fear its only a matter of time before she wants one for home!  Right now, the advent calendar I made is keeping her happy because she moves the little tree each morning to the next number.

Tonight is yoga and then maybe some more decorating once home.  I do need to start working on wrapping gifts and reclaiming my dining room table!  So maybe I can wrangle H to start helping me with that.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2019
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    He wants Nike hightops in black and blue.  A little white is OK.  He needs a boys 5.5.  ;)  I've found a pair of midtops that might work at DSW and Nordstrom Rack.  I want to look at Zappos and 6pm, but that's a rabbit hole I don't have time for at the current moment.  I did find a pair that were about $80, but I'm trying to keep this under $60. 
    I have one of those settlement codes for Zappo I think, let me see if I can find it.  I'll update on this post with an ETA.

ETA:  I sent you a PM @mrsconn23 b/c it's a one time use code.  I'm not sure if it's tied to me or not, so if you need help using it, let me know.
  • I know I'm being whiny, but I let myself whine here, not IRL.  So, I'm sooooooo tired of hurting still.  And it's not bad, it gets better every day, but I'm sick of it, I'm sick of the glue on the incisions itching to distraction (and I accidentally scratched some off already and it was such a relief), and I'm ready to be DONE with all of this nonsense.

Other than that, SSDD.  I've been working hard at catching things up, but need to keep working hard, so my social media blocker is about to go back on.  :(  Makes for such a boring work day.  :smiley:
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    I have one of those settlement codes for Zappo I think, let me see if I can find it.  I'll update on this post with an ETA.

ETA:  I sent you a PM @mrsconn23 b/c it's a one time use code.  I'm not sure if it's tied to me or not, so if you need help using it, let me know.
    Aww.  You rock!!  Thanks!  :D 
  • ILBM - That is the cutest story about your DH!  I also hope all goes well with your ultrasound!
  • good vibes for your appointment @ILoveBeachMusic   That’s so cute about your DH. 

@CharmedPam. I glad it got resolved quickly. 

More annoying computer training today. At least it’s closer to home. It’s raining here and I just want to be in cozy clothes at home. FI is sick and dramatic about it. He slept in this morning and almost made me late for work. He throws off my whole routine when he’s home while I’m getting ready. I time things out to the minute every morning. I don’t have time built in to talk or lollygag. Plus no one here knows how to drive in the rain so the 20 minute drive took almost 40. I was stressing. Hopefully he does a short day at work and then comes home to sleep. He never relaxes and then he wants to know why he’s sick for so long. 

• Just got back from the doc.   I have a sinus infection and bronchitis and she gave me an antibiotic to take plus the direction to pick up Mucinex or Mucinex DM.

My pulse was 125 which was after I took Sudafed.   She instructed me to pretty much never take THAT again.   So I guess DH and I are going to have to learn to cook meth to use up the rest. 
  • banana468 said:
    Just got back from the doc.   I have a sinus infection and bronchitis and she gave me an antibiotic to take plus the direction to pick up Mucinex or Mucinex DM.

My pulse was 125 which was after I took Sudafed.   She instructed me to pretty much never take THAT again.   So I guess DH and I are going to have to learn to cook meth to use up the rest. 
    I told the doc the last time that I was seen for a sinus infection that pseudoephedrine (sp?) makes me sweaty and she acted like I was crazy.  It does raise your BP and heart rate.  Luckily, it doesn't affect me as badly as you.  I only take it when I'm desperate and my head is completely stuffed. 

Anyway, FEEL BETTER!  I hope the drugs work.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    Just got back from the doc.   I have a sinus infection and bronchitis and she gave me an antibiotic to take plus the direction to pick up Mucinex or Mucinex DM.

I told the doc the last time that I was seen for a sinus infection that pseudoephedrine (sp?) makes me sweaty and she acted like I was crazy.  It does raise your BP and heart rate.  Luckily, it doesn't affect me as badly as you.  I only take it when I'm desperate and my head is completely stuffed. 

That's how I felt at night!   My sock monkey Christmas flannel jammies were stuck to me. 

She said that it has caused strokes in younger patients and it's really risky because of that.   My BP was decently low but I won't take it again after feeling this way.

• banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

That's how I felt at night!   My sock monkey Christmas flannel jammies were stuck to me. 

She said that it has caused strokes in younger patients and it's really risky because of that.   My BP was decently low but I won't take it again after feeling this way.
    I hope you start feeling better with the antibiotics!

I love sock monkeys.  I have a sock monkey Halloween costume and my dog has a matching one, lol.  I have sock monkey bedroom slippers.  And now that I know there are sock monkey flannel PJs to be had, I must find them, lol.

I also have a small Christmas sock monkey...she's dressed up like a gingerbread woman monkey.  I need to remember to bring it to work, now that it's the season!  It cannot be trusted in my house.  The Izzy dog thinks all small, stuffed animals are hers.  She would be relentless in her attempts to get it, if she could see it, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, the sock monkey  jammies are Nick and Nora that I picked up at Target YEARS ago - like before I was pregnant with Chiquito who is now 5.   But I am guessing that if you search for their brand and sock monkey jammies it could very well be YOUR jam. ;-)

I alternate at the holiday season between those and these from Hanna Andersson

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2019
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

It’s also why you’re supposed to avoid a lot of the cold/flu meds while you’re taking psych meds. Taking them together can result in NMS (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) which can be fatal. Doctors will use their discretion at recommending otc meds you can take. It can depend on doses/amounts which is why I always advise my patients on psychiatric medications to discuss OTC cold/flu meds with their psychiatrists before they come down with a miserable cold. Depending on the patient, meds, and risk factors the doctor might say to avoid cold and flu products altogether. 

Edit: words

• levioosa said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

It’s also why you’re supposed to avoid a lot of the cold/flu meds while you’re taking psych meds. Taking them together can result in NMS (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) which can be fatal. Doctors will use their discretion at recommending otc meds you can take. It can depend on doses/amounts which is why I always advise my patients on psychiatric medications to discuss OTC cold/flu meds with their psychiatrists before they come down with a miserable cold. Depending on the patient, meds, and risk factors the doctor might say to avoid cold and flu products altogether. 

I had no idea about the OTC meds and psych medications. H is on meds for bipolar and depression treatment and not once has anyone mentioned any potential reactions between those meds and OTC meds but I'm definitely going to have him ask his psychiatrist when he sees her again in January. Thankfully he rarely gets sick and when he does, he doesn't like to take anything.
  • levioosa said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

I had no idea about the OTC meds and psych medications. H is on meds for bipolar and depression treatment and not once has anyone mentioned any potential reactions between those meds and OTC meds but I'm definitely going to have him ask his psychiatrist when he sees her again in January. Thankfully he rarely gets sick and when he does, he doesn't like to take anything.
    I’m honestly surprised people (i.e doctors) don’t talk about it more. I know pharmacists would like them to, lol. While it’s a more rare interaction it’s not unheard of. People of course take OTC cold/flu meds all the time with their psych meds and don’t get NMS. But it’s a good idea to always talk about meds with your doctor. I’ve personally had to refuse to prescribe decongestants/cough meds to patients who are on several different psychiatric medications simultaneously. And talking about any otc med you take regularly with your doctor goes for everyone. Example: ibuprofen can raise blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, taking it daily can make it worse (and it’s also hard on the kidneys and stomach lining). But people often think meds they can buy over the counter are harmless. Med interactions are one of the reasons medical professionals always hound you at your appointments to see what prescribed, herbal and OTC meds you’re using.