Wedding Woes

No Thursday yet?

I’m missing my lunchtime Prudie!

What’s going on today? Not much here besides snow. We’re not supposed to get much, but at least it’s pretty. We have big glass windows surrounding our floor so it feels like a snow globe. 

Not much going on; H is back home, the dog was so excited. Tonight we’ve got a friends surprise party but other than that SSDD. 

Re: No Thursday yet?

• Yesterday was BabyKitten's 18m dr appt. She's still gaining, but she tiny. The good news is she hasn't plateaued. Not that it would be a concern, but after a year most babies plateau in weight. Still a slow gain :) The dr isn't worried.

We do need to work on her speech. Dr doesn't see an issue but good to just help her and get more repeating happening.

M is sick with a cold. I'm feeling better today, but I have no voice and my chest kinda hurts {mostly coughing} so I'm gonna stop at pharmacy tonight and get something to help. Halls isn't doing much to help :(
    Hopefully M and I are both feeling better by this weekend. My xmas party and we wanna get our flu shots.
  • That sounds so pretty @charlotte989875

i hope you guys feel better @MissKittyDanger

More computer training today. Trying to coordinate with my dad to work on our bathroom this weekend. FI is still sick. Part of me is wondering if it’s the flu, even though it’s mild, because he’s had it for a week and I feel fine. Usually I get what he has and I want to die because I have no immune system. But either way he should have gotten his flu shot. 

• How is it already thursday? I mean i'm not complaining but i had no idea the work week was almost over. Tomorrow is a short day since our office Christmas party is in the evening so we close at 2pm. 
  • Sorry.  My computer has been an asshole today. 

I also was online shopping my morning away trying to get the damn orders in for all the things.  ;)

DH is pissed at the dealership because they charged us for labor on a brake job, but never did the brakes.  They didn't charge us for the parts, but still...it's bullshit.  They're going to refund us and DH is going to do it himself, but he is so frustrated. 

DH and I really wanted to get to our fave tree farm this year, but we're going to have to settle for a Costco or Lowe's tree.  The late TG, our quick OOT trip, the weather not cooperating, and then cookie baking on Sunday screwed the ability to trek out there.  No cider and stroopwafels this year.  Wahhh.  :( 

Prudie coming in hot here in a sec. 

• It's been eventful over here. DH broke a crown yesterday, so he took this morning off work to go to the dentist and have it fixed. He had just pulled out of our neighborhood onto the main road (in our shared car) when someone turned into oncoming traffic without looking and ran right into him. He's ok (not that he accepted any medical examination), but the airbags deployed and there's a lot of damage. I'm pretty sure our car is going to be totaled out. So, he's been running around all morning dealing with tow trucks and rental cars. At least the dentist managed to get him rescheduled for this afternoon. I really want him to go into the doctor to get checked out today while he has the time off. I'm worried he's going to wake up in pain tomorrow and not want to take another day off. 

It's pretty clear that the other driver is at fault, but I don't know how long it will take for insurance to do their thing. I really don't want to go finance a new car while we're trying to move, but I also don't want to buy the crappy used car that we could get for what we'll probably see from our car. Waaaah. 
  • Ugh I’m sorry @MyNameIsNot. I hope everything goes smoothly with insurance and the DH wakes up feeling okay. 

• @MyNameIsNot, omg!  I'm so sorry to hear all of that!  What a really crappy day for your H, all around.

I had my car totaled out in an accident when I had just started the house buying process for my first home.  The advice my loan officer gave me was that it was okay to buy another car.  But just to make sure my loan payment was the same or less than my previous payment.

At any rate, if Debt to Income is something you all have any concerns about with taking on a car loan, talk to your loan officer.  That person should be able to tell you what kind of car loan payment you all can take on and still be good for whatever you have already been pre-approved for.

In my case, my new car loan payment ended up being $100/month less than the previous one and that raised what I was pre-approved for by $30K!!!  It was crazy that what seemed like a relatively small amount to me, made that big a difference in my pre-approval.  It was a good financial lesson about real estate loans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MNIN - I'm glad your H is ok, but he should get checked by a doctor.  If the air bags deployed, it must have been a heavy hit.  He will probably start feeling it tomorrow.

Work has been steady, but still pretty busy.  I finally set up the last of my 4 vacation days for the year, so this week will be my last full work week for the year!  Woohoo!

I keep striking out on looking for the lights I want for the front of the house.  They are dangling snowflakes and I see them around on houses a lot, but not in stores.  So they must be from a few years ago.  I did buy really big ornaments to hang around the porch, so that will have to satisfy my urge for new outdoor decorations!  It's supposed to be warm-ish on Sunday, so we will probably get outdoors decorated then.  I might pull out the wreaths tonight and at least get them up!
  • Thanks for sympathy and well wishes all!

S+S: I'm not really stressing debt/income, but I didn't have a car note at all on the old one. I may just go out and spend $1000 on a beater until we can close and then buy something later, or see how outrageous it would be to keep a rental for a month. But maybe we'll get lucky and they'll decide they can repair it. 
  • @MyNameIsNot I hope your H gets checked out.   I think there are a lot of deals to be had with cars at this point in the year so if there's any silver lining and you decide to take your time you may be able to come out with those benefits.

I ran to Target to get Chiquita some elf jammies so she can be an elf tomorrow night.   $150 later I'm home. 
  • That sucks @MyNameIsNot. Hope your H is feeling OK tomorrow! 

SSDD here. This week actually did go fast. I keep forgetting tomorrow is Friday.