Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Matching Ivory Veil

I bought a ivory and blush Maggie Sottero dress and I am looking for an ivory veil to match. Does anybody know if the ivory from David's Bridal (or other cheaper shops) matches the Ivory in Maggie Sottero dresses?

Re: Matching Ivory Veil

• Options
    I don't know how they match, but my daughter wore my veil (white). Her dress was ivory and you really couldn't tell the difference. If your ivory is a light ivory a white veil might work too.

• Options
    FWIW if you've got a good eye for color matching, just go online and order the veil you want or DIY for about $15 in materials.  
  • Options
    My daughter wore a veil that was slightly lighter than her dress. You couldn't tell in person, or in the pictures. And I completely agree on the DIY idea. We paid way too much for what was just a piece of netting and lace trim. It was pretty, but I'd find a cheaper alternative if I had to do it again.
  • Options
    I completely agree with the DIY approach! It’s really easy to find ivory fabric at your local fabric store. I then used a simple pattern from One Blushing Bride to DIY my mid length simple wedding veil. It’s helpful if you can get a small swatch of your wedding dress fabric to bring along with you when you go fabric shopping.