New York-Long Island

The Metropolitan At Glen Cove... Anyone???

HI-

Still tossing some ideas around.....the reception hall in Brooklyn that we look at, which was supposed to have been renovated.. still has not been..

A friend mentioned the Metropolitan in Glen Cove - any info helps!
Thanks,
Nik

Re: The Metropolitan At Glen Cove... Anyone???

• edited December 2011
    I've heard excellent things about the food and service. When I went to look at it for my own wedding, I found that it had a funny smell - almost like mildew. It could have been that they didn't have the ACs working and the humidity from the summer had taken over. The had an excellent package. I did not like the area for the cocktail hour because most of my guests would have been standing. In addition, there is no outside area to take pictures. They do supply you with a permit to take pictures on Morgan's Island  - the beach -
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to take a look at it as well and they had amazing prices.  I felt that parts of it seemed rundown and old, wasn't for me.
  • DurcanSarahDurcanSarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been there a couple of times for work - christmas parties (not wedding) so I can not say that I am familiar with that aspect. The work parties consisted of 150 +/- persons and we had the cocktail hour and then the dinner...so kinda like wedding.
    Anyways, i didn't think it was fantastic.  I don't recall the food at all, which means to me it wasn't memorable.  The cocktail hour area was not conducive to easy mingling with the way it wraps around slightly.  For me personally, it feels too much like an old resturant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards