Wedding Woes

Finally Friday!

Happy Friday all! Anyone have fun weekend plans? 

My manager is sending our entire team home at 2 and I couldn’t be happier. I woke up exhausted today and a 3pm nap sounds lovely. 

Tomorrow I’m going to see the second Harry Potter movie with the philharmonic orchestra here. H’s Christmas present to me, and he got me matinee tickets so I wouldn’t be too tired at night (realistically I got to be at 9pm now). Other than that just planning to nap & relax this weekend. 

Re: Finally Friday!

• I'm glad that it's Friday.  Even though I had Wednesday off, I just don't want to be in the office.

I'm going to try and get all of the crap from the storage unit that has been organized into boxes this weekend so that it can go to charity next weekend.  I'm also going to have to have a difficult conversation with K.  I always walk this weird line of "this went really south in my last long term relationship, so I want to make sure the same doesn't happen here" and trying to balance that with, just freaking relax already, you're still building something.  

Other than that, I really do want to see some movies this weekend.  And it's not supposed to be so terribly cold, so maybe I won't feel the need to hibernate.
  • Working from home today. Checking emails but not getting too involved in stuff. I leave Tuesday for FL so not getting in too deep on projects that I can't finish by Monday. 

Going to be nice again this weekend. And go figure it will be nice next week when I'm gone too. Although I will take that over driving in the snow to the airport like I've done other years around this time. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2020
    Happy early out @charlotte989875

My weekend just opened up. Was going to drive to see my family. But I wont get my car back till tomorrow. I guess if it’s before 10, the trip will be worth it but after that it wont.  It’s already a 5 hr road trip.

Plus Im keeping the divorce on the down low till March 24th. Any court decision has a 30 day appeal period (they don’t tell you that in court) and I just don’t want to rock that boat with the ex. If he finds out he could appeal and I made everyone hate him.... he just might (but realistically he’a just to lazy for more paperwork).

So movies sound good!  Invisible man got some really good reviews. 

• I ended up staying home yesterday, but our office closed early due to weather.
    Yesterday I slept, did some laundry {2 loads!} and cleaned up a bit of BabyKitten's room and reorganized her clothes. She has a lot of 2T/24m stuff, so I separated it. Ultimately I ended up separating a bunch of 2T stuff by season because not enough space.
    Then binged on Gilmore Girls and made soup lmao

My back has been awful lately. Same spot as when I was pregnant, but now at least I can stretch it easier. Doesn't make it better, just more options.
    BabyKitten tends to stand and drop if she's on you, so I lay on the floor {anticipating this} and thinking maybe my back needs to crack.
    She did it, and it didn't help my back - but at least it didn't make it worse.

We also discovered she knows blue, purple, red and green.
    She kept saying "purple!" last night, so I said "go find your purple book"
    I didn't anticipate this, but she goes off and I can see she's looking for it and finds it then brings it to me.
    Cool. So we grabbed a few books and asked her to grab the coloured book. I even mixed them up a bit - thinking she was maybe memorizing it a bit - and she still did it! I know daycare she's been working on colours, but wow!
  • Smart girl @MissKittyDanger, Purple’s not the easiest of colors to say! 

• I hope I can attend the Kosher Chili Cookoff this weekend! It depends on how I'm feeling (woke up with a migraine this morning) and if the water comes back on (Houston is on a Boil Water alert following a water main break last night that flooded part of the city).

Tomorrow I have to work.
  • Yum! @Jen4948 this is your new job?

• Smart girl @MissKittyDanger, Purple’s not the easiest of colors to say! 
    Funny enough, the 2 colours toddlers have issues with - purple and yellow - are the ones she said first lmao!
    Purple is clear. Yellow takes effort. Too fast "yeh-yoh' but thought out "yeh-low"
  • @charlotte989875, they had an event like that in NOLA with the Louisiana Philharmonic.  One of my coworker-friends is a huge Harry Potter fan and she went.  She said it was AMAZING!  Her and her H loved it.

On Fridays, I'm supposed to leave work at 11AM.  "Supposed to", but I rarely do.  But I'm actually on a path where that is going to happen close to it!  Which is just as well, because I have extra errands to run.  And it's even a timesheet day, which makes that even more amazing, lol.  I was really good this pay period about filling out my timesheet ahead of time.  Like I'm supposed to, but hardly ever do.

Though one of the longer errands I need to run I'm a bit annoyed about.  My newest tenant who very quickly turned into a huge rent problem...which I still haven't gotten a straight story as to WTH happened to her income, smh...has gotten help from a national charity.  To be fair, in the grand scheme of things, that is super awesome and amazing.  It saves her.  It saves me.  But I was told the money would be deposited in my account within 5-7 business days.  Today is the EIGHTH business day.  And I still don't have it.  GD IT!!!  The one thing...ONE thing...I was really hoping for is that I would get the money before March 1st (tomorrow), because I have two loan payments that come out of that account on the 1st and the 3rd.  So now I need to make a special trip to one of those bank's branches...none of which are convenient for me...to make a special deposit from my line of credit, in order to make sure those loan payments are covered.

Then, when I do get paid by them, I will make a special trip to the bank that has my line of credit...at least their branches are more convenient...to "pay myself back".

All right, now that I got that off my chest, lol.  The rest of my weekend should be great!  I'm expecting another fairly mellow one, though I do need to get to the grocery store and it's also a nice sense of "freedom!" that streets and traffic are back to normal and I don't have to worry and plan around a bunch of events.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2020
    @charlotte989875, they had an event like that in NOLA with the Louisiana Philharmonic.  One of my coworker-friends is a huge Harry Potter fan and she went.  She said it was AMAZING!  Her and her H loved it.

On Fridays, I'm supposed to leave work at 11AM.  "Supposed to", but I rarely do.  But I'm actually on a path where that is going to happen close to it!  Which is just as well, because I have extra errands to run.  And it's even a timesheet day, which makes that even more amazing, lol.  I was really good this pay period about filling out my timesheet ahead of time.  Like I'm supposed to, but hardly ever do.

Though one of the longer errands I need to run I'm a bit annoyed about.  My newest tenant who very quickly turned into a huge rent problem...which I still haven't gotten a straight story as to WTH happened to her income, smh...has gotten help from a national charity.  To be fair, in the grand scheme of things, that is super awesome and amazing.  It saves her.  It saves me.  But I was told the money would be deposited in my account within 5-7 business days.  Today is the EIGHTH business day.  And I still don't have it.  GD IT!!!  The one thing...ONE thing...I was really hoping for is that I would get the money before March 1st (tomorrow), because I have two loan payments that come out of that account on the 1st and the 3rd.  So now I need to make a special trip to one of those bank's branches...none of which are convenient for me...to make a special deposit from my line of credit, in order to make sure those loan payments are covered.

Then, when I do get paid by them, I will make a special trip to the bank that has my line of credit...at least their branches are more convenient...to "pay myself back".

All right, now that I got that off my chest, lol.  The rest of my weekend should be great!  I'm expecting another fairly mellow one, though I do need to get to the grocery store and it's also a nice sense of "freedom!" that streets and traffic are back to normal and I don't have to worry and plan around a bunch of events.
    Does it help that it’s a leap year and it’s only the 29th tomorrow?

Eta: nevermind, tomorrow would still be “before March 1st” territory

• Does it help that it’s a leap year and it’s only the 29th tomorrow?

Eta: nevermind, tomorrow would still be “before March 1st” territory
    Haha, even though I know there is a 29th this month.  I kept thinking March 1st is tomorrow.  But, yeah, it doesn't matter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948 said:
    I hope I can attend the Kosher Chili Cookoff this weekend! It depends on how I'm feeling (woke up with a migraine this morning) and if the water comes back on (Houston is on a Boil Water alert following a water main break last night that flooded part of the city).

Tomorrow I have to work.
    Oh, I heard about that from my work!  Something about a 96 inch water main going or something.  Hopefully it gets fixed quick!

• I work overtime tomorrow, and then I'm watching The Two Towers at a friend's house.  The weekend feels busy.
    I have not yet heard from MIL about the funeral tomorrow ... maybe the crazy snow has made her not want to venture out.

• Yum! @Jen4948 this is your new job?
    Yes.
  • kerbohl said:
    Jen4948 said:
    I hope I can attend the Kosher Chili Cookoff this weekend! It depends on how I'm feeling (woke up with a migraine this morning) and if the water comes back on (Houston is on a Boil Water alert following a water main break last night that flooded part of the city).

Tomorrow I have to work.
    Oh, I heard about that from my work!  Something about a 96 inch water main going or something.  Hopefully it gets fixed quick!
    Yeah, it flooded throughout the city and the public buildings, courts and lots of schools are shut down for today. We have to boil water or use bottled water for the time being.