Wedding Woes

Pre Wedding Anxiety

I am getting married 3 weeks from Saturday and, out of nowhere, serious wedding day anxiety set in this past weekend. I guess I am just worried about making sure everything gets done and that I don't forget anything, I'm frustrated with myself for not being in the shape I wanted to be in and am worried about what my dress will look like, and I'm also feeling panicky thinking about being the center of attention that day (I am a performer so one might think I should be used to attention...) I *know* the most important thing is that I am marrying the person I love and adore, yet that isn't stopping the above from suddenly getting to me. Did anyone else go through this?

Re: Pre Wedding Anxiety

• I would start to get it in your head now that you probably won't get to finish everything on your list.  There is only so much time in the world.  And as long as you get the license and pay for your officiant, the most important part is done!  Anything you don't have time to complete, just remember it will probably be something that only you will notice.  Your guests mostly care about and remember the food!  So don't sweat the small stuff that you would like to have done!

And as you say in your own post, as long as you get to marry your FI at the end of the day - that is all that matters!
  • My cake fell through (actually, literally fell, the day of) and I was legitimately talking to someone who attended my wedding last week and they didn't remember that I didn't have a cake.  They did remember everything else that I got done and that went well  As PP have said, make lists, make sure the important things are done, and remember that you've got this, even if the little things are freaking you out!  It's a big day, but it'll probably go off without a hitch. 

• +1 on the list making. Sit down and do this as soon as you can. Lists keep anxious people from having to revisit the same thing over and over.
  • Thank you all for your advice and words of encouragement! I had been so focused and relatively calm during the entire wedding planning process that I was really taken aback when my anxiety suddenly manifested itself in this way. But it’s nice to hear from people who have been through it, and this has really helped ease my mind a bit. Making lists is an excellent idea and I’m going to get on that right away!