Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

Any plans for the weekend?

-massage after work tonight but I also have an hour to fill between work and that so I guess *window* shop (which never turns to that)
-tax prep appointment on Saturday and then lunch with friends. Hopefully dinner or drinks with my friend from the infidelity group (who doesn’t go anymore but we became good friends from it).
-take my butt to invisible man and food prep for the rest of the week

Re: Finally Friday

• -DH and Chiquita are going to fish fry tonight.   I'm home w/ Chiquito.
    -Tomorrow we start to decorate for St. Patrick's Day
    -Sunday we have to wake up at the equivalent of 6:30 (stupid time change) and head to church.

At some point I need to check my stock of travel size stuff.   Flying Wed. 
  • Today someone is picking up two bookcases I listed on FB. I should've asked for more money because soooo many people wanted them and only one asked to lower the price. Tomorrow someone is suppose to pick up a bench/loveseat. Fingers crosssed! I cleaned our room and bathroom today while H is doing some touch up painting.

Tomorrow I will clean the main floor and hopefully do laundry. Yesterday my dryer was not working well - kept shutting off even though the clothes weren't dry. Today it seems to be doing ok ,but I told H if it starts doing that again we are getting a new dryer. We had repair person come out a few months ago, but he couldn't figure out what was wrong (same issue). He said to do further diagnosis would be several hundred dollars. If he could figure out what was wrong it would probably be a few more hundred. It started working fine then yesterday happened. Don't really want to buy a new dryer, but can't be without one!

Sunday we are having people in for dinner. H is fixing salmon. I'll do the sides and dessert. 
  • @Jen4948, wow, a masseur!  What a nice perk!  I hope everything else is good with the new job also.  Between you and @CharmedPam, now I want to go get a massage, lol.

Very exciting day!  I'm supposed to be off work on Fridays at 11AM.  And I am only leaving 15-30 minutes later than that, lmao.  It's sad I'm so excited when that happens, because of it's rarity, lol.  On top of that, I only have two quick stops that are on my drive home.  Mmmm...with all this extra time on my hands, I'm going to stop at a Vietnamese take-out place to get some Pho soup to enjoy at home for lunch!

No real plans for the rest of the weekend either.  Maybe my H and I will go out to dinner at a new place.  Still to be decided.  But we always have a long list of restaurants we want to try, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We’re getting out at 3 today, Happy Employee Appreciation to us!

Not much going on this weekend. Weather is snowy & gross today but is supposed to be sunny and warmer this weekend. I’m hoping to finally get outside for a long run. 

My ILs are back from Florida (they spend 6 weeks there every year) so we’ll probably catch up with them at some point but other than that a quiet weekend planned. 
  • We got a lot of snow today, so I'm not doing anything tonight ... unless I go out to the library and pick up a library book that came in for me.  I ordered "This is Your Brain on Birth Control" because I heard good things.  

Hubby is camping, so I might go to my parents and go for a walk.  I'm going to take the puppy so that she can interact with another dog.  Her prognosis is still improving, but I can't have her around any other animals unless I know for sure that they aren't sick.  The dog my parents live with is fine, so my dog will be ecstatic to have a play date.

I am NOT looking forward to the time change.  I hate the first part of spring - losing an hour, and then the stupid muddy weather.  Bleh. I'd rather this snow that the mud that will inevitably come on Sunday after it gets warm.

• I am so ready for flu/coronaviruus to be done. And I need there to be some widespread education campaign of “stay home, if you don’t have a fever or if you have a fever below 102 that goes away with Tylenol or Motrin just stay home and rest.” I can’t with everyone expecting me to work miracles for their slight nasal congestion and cough for 4 hours. 

Anyways. SSDD for me. I think I’ll make some bread this weekend. 

• H's friend bought a restaurant and closed on it today, so we're going there to celebrate. 

Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment at 10am. UGH. After that I get my nails done and a pedicure too. 

No real plans the rest of the weekend. Clean the house, laundry, etc. 
  • I'm leaving work early today so I can be a guest reader in DDs room.  She doesn't know and will be so excited!  It was a new to me Dr. Suess book, so I practice read it last night! LOL!

This weekend I'm going over my parent's house on Sat & Sun to help clean up, pack up and donate stuff.  My mom is working to get the house ready to sell and that includes getting rid of all her stuff.  She is a pack rat and keeps to many quasi sentimental things that shouldn't even be sentimental to her - like my dad's sister's doll from when she was a kid!

I had the most amazing white broccoli with ricotta pizza for lunch!  I wish it had just one more slice - it was that amazing!

We will hit up Church this weekend, probably Sunday.  H is giving blood at the Church's blood drive on Sunday.  But I don't want to get up so early!  So maybe we will go to Church on Saturday and I will send H alone to give blood on Sunday!
  • Tonight - Dinner with friends
    Tomorrow - Birthday party for SIL - supposed to be near 50 degrees!
    Sunday - Church, laundry, cleaning, etc. - supposed to be near 60 degrees!

I have spring fever but know that winter isn't over here.  At least when winter returns, it won't last long!
  • I'm leaving work early today so I can be a guest reader in DDs room.  She doesn't know and will be so excited!  It was a new to me Dr. Suess book, so I practice read it last night! LOL!

This weekend I'm going over my parent's house on Sat & Sun to help clean up, pack up and donate stuff.  My mom is working to get the house ready to sell and that includes getting rid of all her stuff.  She is a pack rat and keeps to many quasi sentimental things that shouldn't even be sentimental to her - like my dad's sister's doll from when she was a kid!

I had the most amazing white broccoli with ricotta pizza for lunch!  I wish it had just one more slice - it was that amazing!

We will hit up Church this weekend, probably Sunday.  H is giving blood at the Church's blood drive on Sunday.  But I don't want to get up so early!  So maybe we will go to Church on Saturday and I will send H alone to give blood on Sunday!
    What is white broccoli?  I even tried Googling it, but the only thing that came up was cauliflower.

I even came across some weirdo person's blog who was talking about cauliflower like it was some unusual and amazing vegetable they had just discovered, lol.  And how hard it was to find in any store, except Whole Foods?  I wish I'd looked closer to see where the heck they were from.  To me, cauliflower is so common and ordinary, I just can't picture it being "exotic", lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H's friend bought a restaurant and closed on it today, so we're going there to celebrate. 

Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment at 10am. UGH. After that I get my nails done and a pedicure too. 

No real plans the rest of the weekend. Clean the house, laundry, etc. 
    Wow!  That sounds exciting.  Good luck to your friend on their new business!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

What is white broccoli?  I even tried Googling it, but the only thing that came up was cauliflower.

I even came across some weirdo person's blog who was talking about cauliflower like it was some unusual and amazing vegetable they had just discovered, lol.  And how hard it was to find in any store, except Whole Foods?  I wish I'd looked closer to see where the heck they were from.  To me, cauliflower is so common and ordinary, I just can't picture it being "exotic", lol.
    Sorry!  That is my pizza slang coming in!  It's a white pizza (oil & garlic with mozz cheese) with broccoli and ricotta on top! 
  • Well, it turns out that the building at my job is open today after all and will close in a couple of weeks, so I'm at work today, but that's okay.