Budget Weddings Forum

Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Christmas Tree Shop

Hey Brides! Have any of you have purchased a bunch of decorations, centerpieces, etc for your wedding then returned it the next few days? My friend made a joke about buying decorations and returning them. I know it was a joke but now im considering it as I am on a budget. Any thoughts?

Re: Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Christmas Tree Shop

• Hey Brides! Have any of you have purchased a bunch of decorations, centerpieces, etc for your wedding then returned it the next few days? My friend made a joke about buying decorations and returning them. I know it was a joke but now im considering it as I am on a budget. Any thoughts?
    I think that’s a really crappy thing to do; there are places that you can actually rent decor or buy from other brides that have already used it, but you’re essentially trying to steal decorations for a few days. 
    short+sassymaine7mobMesmrEwe
  • MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Decorations should not be so important that you would consider lying/stealing to obtain them.  
    charlotte989875short+sassyMesmrEwe
  • climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    MobKaz said:
    Decorations should not be so important that you would consider lying/stealing to obtain them.  
    This. 

Also, this is the reason the rest of us have a hard time actually returning things we need to return.

I was on a budget too. I skipped flowers. I made my own centerpieces of of wine bottles that I painted, and other things I purchased at Michael's that I did not return. 

charlotte989875short+sassyMobKaz
  • Hey Brides! Have any of you have purchased a bunch of decorations, centerpieces, etc for your wedding then returned it the next few days? My friend made a joke about buying decorations and returning them. I know it was a joke but now im considering it as I am on a budget. Any thoughts?
    My thought is that I would not trust someone who told me that they did this.  

Don't do this.   If you are on a budget come up with moral ways to cut your costs. 
    short+sassy
  • Don't do this. If you're on a budget, keep your decor simple and/or don't have a lot of it.
  • Wow. Please say that you are joking or maybe trolling for an article.