Wedding Woes

Did the time change do this Monday in?

I'm back at work.  Friday, my allergies flared something terrible.  I woke up with my eyelashes glued together and then a bloody nose, plus I was in a bad head space, so I was like EFF THIS and stayed home.  I basically held down the couch for the next 2 days.  I'm going to a rough meeting tonight, just to support some friends, and then I'm 100% finished with anything to do with my old community work.  I know you can never say never, but I cannot imagine the circumstances in which I would return to this organization.

Sunday, I did make myself get back together.  Did a few errands, picked up groceries, conquered laundry mountain, cleaned the kitchen, made our breakfasts and dinner.  I also told K when they got home that if they didn't put all of their clothes away this time, I was going on a laundry strike and would only do my own clothes.  They did laugh and say that was fair and I know they'll have it done today (they have a day off finally).  Sometimes, i just kind of sit back and look at my relationship now and realize how much I short changed myself with exH for so long.  If I'd left earlier though, no K, so I guess it all worked out the way it was supposed to.  2 more months of school/clinicals left and then freedom!!

Re: Did the time change do this Monday in?

• Weekend was pretty good. Friday night FSIL and I went to the gym, so nothing exciting there. Saturday FI and I made the dreaded run to Costco where the crowds gave him a panic attack. And out of the five freaking things I wanted from Costco, three of them were sold out. Stupid corona virus. I don’t know why everyone is until the impression we’ll have a mandatory quarantine where apparently you will shit your pants five times a day. I had to buy the extra expensive toilet paper from the grocery store. Because we actually do need some. 

Sunday FSIL and I went on a good hike and then we got the worst chipotle burritos ever. Trying to decide if it’s worth complaining or not. The rest of Sunday was spent napping, cleaning, and meal prepping for the week. We went to bed later than I wanted to, but I feel better about the week now that the house is clean. 

• Weekend was good.
    Friday I had my root canal and except for sore jaw, I'm pretty good. I was really run down though. Everyone said I looked paler than normal, and tbh I just wanted to constantly sleep.
    BabyKitten went to my mum's Friday night and she usually is good with napping when she comes home, but nope.
    Ended up bringing her back to the living room and figured snuggles and movie would just have her calm. She passed out cold within 5mins of the movie. Then it was impossible to wake her up.
    Surprisingly, bed time was not ruined.

She slept normal times, despite the time change.
    She cannot sleep in a dirty diaper, but I had to change her like 3x - so nap went to hell.
    Ended up passing out at dinner lol We let her cat nap a bit while we finished, cleaned up and I had some dessert.
    The microwave mug cakes are really good and definitely recommend to have on hand lol One box is 3 cakes, which is perfect IMHO

Bedtime was easy, but she woke up with a nightmare around midnight. Went back to sleep, but was whimpering a lot :( Idk how to stop the nightmares.
    Really hoping it's just a phase.

It's really warm out today and McD's has $1 coffees, so at lunch I'm gonna pop over to one and get an iced coffee :)

Also, here's 2 houses we really like on the market now.
    Both are little high on our range but the range could change with how much our house markets for.

This one is not far from our current house and closer to our price range.
    https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/21667574/124-castle-glen-crescent-kanata-glencairn-hazeldean#view=calc

This one has perfect basement and love the street name lol
    https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/21664273/3-hepburn-court-kanata-katimavik
  • I love those both @MissKittyDanger! Good luck.  Coming from an old dingy dark house myself I love that both are so bright and open. Hepburn is awesome too!

• @VarunaTT urg tis the season for allergies :( What was it that affected you?

@CharmedPam that sounds like a great dinner lol and supporting small businesses is great :)

@levioosa i saw it on fb, but a few things but this is my fave
    "if you're having that much TP, you're gonna need drano"
  • I feel like I'm coming down with something, but not much to point my finger at yet, lol?  I've had a bit of a cough for the last few days, but nothing constant.  Mainly, I feel rundown, tired, and a bit achy.  True, I always feel rundown and tired, lol.  However, this is a lot more than usual.  I slept most of the day yesterday, but still woke up this morning exhausted.

I went on a marathon grocery shopping trip at Walmart on Sat.  I usually only go 1-2 weeks between trips but, other than picking up a few necessities here and there, it has been 3 weeks since I last went grocery shopping.

I am feeling very worried and pouty about my Western Mediterranean cruise that is supposed to be in May.  On the bright side, Norwegian e-mailed me a letter yesterday that, as long as I let them know at least 48 hours before embarkation, I can cancel it and get a credit to take the cruise at another time.  I would be given until Dec. 31, 2022.  Which, wow!, is about 2 1/2 years from now!  I'm really impressed by that.  I'm going to call them at lunch to make sure that policy also applies to me, since I'm taking their cruise under a Harrah's special gift thing.  But I'd think it would.

I'm not doing anything yet.  I'm hoping things will be better by the time May comes around.  But I want to be prepared for other options.

Aaannddd, then I would need to call Delta to see what their policy is for the non-refundable flight I've already booked and paid for (sigh).  If they won't do anything and I do end up having to cancel/postpone my cruise, I've decided I guess I'll just take my flight anyway and travel to other parts of Europe.  Obviously that would still be fun.  But would really PO me off because it's a trip I normally never would have taken.  Plus now I'd also be coughing up 7 extra days of hotel and food.  Argh!  Ugh!  Plus, plus...then I'd still have to buy another flight to Barcelona and another few hotel nights, whenever I do take the cruise. 

In my most hopeful, wild dreams...I'm secretly wishing all of this kerfluffle turns into an opportunity for me.  As in...everything works out fine and I go on my cruise, as planned.  But lots of other people have cancelled.  So the ship isn't as crowded.  I can upgrade my "cheap" room to a balcony room, for hardly any additional cost.  They'll be on-board specials galore for "extras".  Like in-room flowers and spa services (massages and facials).  Less crowded port cities and excursion/restaurant specials in those areas.

But mainly I'll be really happy to just be able to go on my trip, as planned.  And our three port stops in Italy...Italy (at least it is southern) is 3/5 port stops (sigh)...will be fine and all the excursions I want to go on will proceed, as planned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2020
    That’s a bummer @short+sassy, but in my mind - once you travel all the way there, you might as well get on a cruise ship!  I don’t know about Norwegian but on celebrity they have hand sanitizers everywhere and even people standing at the restaurant doors encouraging people to use them.  It’s no less germy on a ship than anywhere else in the world.  My opinion only. 

Edit:  reading this now, but I dunno.  Can’t it spread as quickly anywhere?  https://abc7chicago.com/health/covid-19-outbreak-grand-princess-cruise-ship-scheduled-to-dock-in-bay-area/5996768/

• @CharmedPam Since I really like dark furniture and cool tones, I often feel drawn to places with more light :) 
  • @MissKittyDanger I love how much light the first one gets, and I also really like the backyard and the look of the second.  I could hear my mother's voice in my head for the first one saying "never buy a house with dark cabinets".  It's the longest-standing argument I've ever had with her, and I don't even have a house with dark cabinets!  I just like dark cabinets myself, and she happens to hate them.  

@short+sassy I'm sort of "in the same boat" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) with my Europe trip.  I'm hoping everything is fine, and maybe that there are less crowds which would be awesome, but am also realizing that I might have to postpone.  I think the airline taking is offering to postpone trips, but ... I really want to go in May.  It is Bevrijdag in the Netherlands, and it is the 75th anniversary of the liberation.  

My weekend was quiet - hubby was camping, so I chilled most of the weekend.  I took the dog out for some much needed exercise at my parents' farm.  She is dead tired today from all the excitement.

• @VarunaTT urg tis the season for allergies :( What was it that affected you?
    I honestly don't know, b/c none of my usual detailed websites are really tracking yet and the ones that are are showing low tree/grass/ragweed.  It's too damn early for this nonsense!  It could also be mold, which I have a sensitivity too.  Or it could be something flowing in on the wind from OK/TX area which did happen last year.  I feel like I never used to get sick and now i'm sick all the damn time!  I guess this is what happens in getting older.  

:D
  • This is the best corona meme I’ve seen!

• That’s a bummer @short+sassy, but in my mind - once you travel all the way there, you might as well get on a cruise ship!  I don’t know about Norwegian but on celebrity they have hand sanitizers everywhere and even people standing at the restaurant doors encouraging people to use them.  It’s no less germy on a ship than anywhere else in the world.  My opinion only. 

Edit:  reading this now, but I dunno.  Can’t it spread as quickly anywhere?  https://abc7chicago.com/health/covid-19-outbreak-grand-princess-cruise-ship-scheduled-to-dock-in-bay-area/5996768/
    I actually have no worries about getting sick.  But I am worried about the country of Italy being pretty much "closed".  That's more than half the port stops and the ones I was most interested in going to.  There are entire Italian cities right now, albeit in the north, that are under quarantine.  Plus I'd also be a little worried about someone "coughing" and the whole ship gets put under quarantine.  I'm being a little sarcastic, but not by much.  Being quarantined would hugely suck also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a nice weekend too, though I felt like I barely spent the time with H and DD!  I committed both days this weekend to helping my mom clean out her house.  She is a pack rat extreme!  Saturday we went up in the attic and brought a bunch downstairs.  There is still so much up there though!  We got it organized and prepared for donation.  Threw stuff out too.  The downside is that her town changed their trash pick up and now if it doesn't fit in their provided trashcans - too bad!  The trash cans are kinda big, but not nearly big enough for a house clean out!  My siblings and I have agreed to split a dumpster to help.  But we have to figure out the best time to get it, as we will only want to keep it for the included 10 days.  More days cost extra.  

Sunday my sister and one brother came over to help.  We focused on the basement this time.  We got so much out for donation, that my mom had to call back the foundation since its a much larger donation than she told them about!  Hopefully there is room on the truck for everything!  Pick up was today!  I also took some stuff and a giant contractor bag of trash home, so that I could throw it out at my house.  H, DD and I went out to dinner when I got home.

This morning I had a teeth cleaning, its going to be 70 and a co-worker brought in Irish Potatoes - so pretty darn good!

S+S - We are going to Ireland in May and while there are no closures there, I'm thinking that much of the closures around the world may be over with by May.  Maybe that just me being optimistic!
  • So @short+sassy I just had to change a flight I have this week because the conference I was supposed to attend in Louisville is cancelled.   I'm still going to Louisville but will be home earlier on Thursday (i hope!) instead of at midnight.  This is what I've gathered thus far at least for domestic travel as stated by the agent.   My fare was also non refundable. 

-If I cancelled my flights, I would have a credit to my account minus a $200 fee.   Essentially the $200 is a deposit of sorts. 
    -To rebook my flight, I also had to pay the $200 fee.   (I am going to submit that to be reimbursed through my company).  
    -Many airlines are waiving rebooking and as of now that appears to be ONLY for flights that were booked after February 29th.   If you booked before that time you are SOL.

Based on that my assumption (although I do not work for the airline and am not an attorney so do not sue) is that *should* you cancel that trip you would be eating $200 unless Delta itself cancelled the flight.   You would have a voucher that would need to be redeemed w/ Delta w/in the next year. 

How the cruise itself works I don't know.   

DH and I continue to monitor our upcoming vacation in April to Disney.   As of now we're on direct flights w/ Jet Blue and we are paid in full for both plane and trip aside from meals.   I have insurance on both the flight and the trip but that's because I have kids and kids are gross disease carriers.   Should Disney close entirely believe I have a refund in full and we'll rebook as needed.   Then I'd call the airline and would pull the insurance use for those flights.    The only other way we'd cancel is if we actually got sick.   But going to Disney is one of the safer locations IMO since they implement stringent disinfecting procedures and have added hand sanitizer in places that are not bathrooms.  

As far as I can see, this is not good however to cancel massive events for it is slowing and will not stop the spread.   We need to be smart about how we behave, how we clean and need to trust that we or someone we know will be exposed.   

• @kerbohl I'm mixed on dark cabinets. My mum also is a "non-dark cabinet" person, but all of our places got light from a small window so she wanted nothing to feel too enclosed. I'm torn on dark cabinets, it always depends on the vibe of the room.

I go for dark furniture, so I like light - light walls, like accents, big windows, etc Kitchen/bathroom I like the dark cabinets IF {and only if} there's lots of light and/or light counters. Contrast ;)

@VarunaTT Maybe! Or signs of on-coming spring? I know I've been stuffy because of being behind a bit on vacuuming. Cat hair ... grr
  • Weekend was good; Friday/Saturday we’re pretty quiet and low-key, yesterday we had brunch with my extended family (like 20 of us) and then stopping at my in-laws for a while. I was so tired I fell asleep on the drive home. The weather was so nice though and I took a long walk around the neighborhood! 

Then I slept super terribly all night. I ended up falling asleep in the guest room after I’d already laid awake for hours. I’m dragging so hard today. 

H has an interview with my company tomorrow. It’s a fantastic job and I really hope he gets it. It’s just the first round interview and I’m trying not to get too excited, but it would be such a good move for him. 
  • @charlotte989875, good luck to your H!  I wouldn't mind my H working at the same company I do.  But, if he did, I'd prefer him to be in a different part of the building, lol.  Nothing personal against him.

Two of the engineers I work with are married.  They are on the same project and their desks aren't far from each other.  Though they seem pretty cool with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875, good luck to your H!  I wouldn't mind my H working at the same company I do.  But, if he did, I'd prefer him to be in a different part of the building, lol.  Nothing personal against him.

Two of the engineers I work with are married.  They are on the same project and their desks aren't far from each other.  Though they seem pretty cool with it.
    We’re the largest employer in Buffalo so I think it happens fairly frequently here where spouses work at the same company. The job is in an entirely different division but it would be the same office (I’m at headquarters and that’s where the team he’s interviewing with is), and TBH his interview is with a team that is getting a ton of visibility now. It would be great. 

We met in grad school and for YEARS worked at the same university so we’ve actually worked together more than we have apart. 
  • @kerbohl I'm mixed on dark cabinets. My mum also is a "non-dark cabinet" person, but all of our places got light from a small window so she wanted nothing to feel too enclosed. I'm torn on dark cabinets, it always depends on the vibe of the room.

I go for dark furniture, so I like light - light walls, like accents, big windows, etc Kitchen/bathroom I like the dark cabinets IF {and only if} there's lots of light and/or light counters. Contrast ;)

@VarunaTT Maybe! Or signs of on-coming spring? I know I've been stuffy because of being behind a bit on vacuuming. Cat hair ... grr
    I like something in the middle when it comes to furniture, so not all the way black but dark browns and dark-ish grays. Essentially anything that isn't white or light maple has been too dark for my mom, so she mock-judges me hard.  But she is just remembering our house in the country that was essentially in  a forest, so we didn't get a lot of sunshine in it.  I think for the  rest of her life she is going to be rebelling about that by insisting everything is the brightest it can be. She would go nuts for how bright that first house is.

I love big windows and wish my windows here were bigger, or that I had more.  But short of cutting a window hole in my living room, I think I'll have to make do.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2020
    They just closed the school district in the town next to mine until after spring break, which is 4 weeks total (the next 2 weeks where the kids were to be in school and then 2 weeks for spring break).  Two students have tested positive for Covid-19. I have all sorts of thoughts and feels about this.  My main thing is, how are community businesses going to support the parents of the children who are unexpectedly out of school now and at the last minute?  I wonder what my company will do for people who are thrust into this situation.  Also, if all the schools are closed, does this mean all childcare options that are district-associated are also gone?   (ETA: the press release said kids are being encouraged to stay home and watch tv or play video games, but basically not intermingle with each other...FFS, really?!) Because that's massive.  I'm lucky, because if DefConn's schools close, I WAH and can flex very easily.  I remember how stressful it was this summer when I ended up in the office for a few weeks unexpectedly. 

The weekend was all right.  My cousin came to town with his family.  We enjoyed entertaining on Saturday.  Mom is still doing really well, which is great.  We did meet as a family yesterday to discuss getting together a plan for services for mom when the time comes and then afterward my sisters, my mom, and I chatted for about an hour and a half. 

Between DST, a bit of a hangover, and dreading hashing out funeral plans yesterday, I was pretty in my head.  FIL was here when I got back yesterday and I literally hid as soon as dinner was over.  He just talks too much sometimes and my brain literally breaks and cannot take it.  DH has to figure out how to tell his dad it's time to go, because he knows when I'm hiding that I'm at my max capacity. 

• kerbohl said:
    @kerbohl I'm mixed on dark cabinets. My mum also is a "non-dark cabinet" person, but all of our places got light from a small window so she wanted nothing to feel too enclosed. I'm torn on dark cabinets, it always depends on the vibe of the room.

I like something in the middle when it comes to furniture, so not all the way black but dark browns and dark-ish grays. Essentially anything that isn't white or light maple has been too dark for my mom, so she mock-judges me hard.  But she is just remembering our house in the country that was essentially in  a forest, so we didn't get a lot of sunshine in it.  I think for the  rest of her life she is going to be rebelling about that by insisting everything is the brightest it can be. She would go nuts for how bright that first house is.

I love big windows and wish my windows here were bigger, or that I had more.  But short of cutting a window hole in my living room, I think I'll have to make do.
    My all-time favorite cabinet color is Cherry.  Which I would judge on the darker side.  But it is one of my H's least favorite.  So that isn't happening unless we happen to buy a house that already has cherry-colored cabinets in good condition.  Fat chance.  Cherry is not unheard of, but it's unusual.

White seems like it is the most popular, though it is one of my least favorites.  My current kitchen has white cabinets because that is what was there when we bought the house.  Not what I would chose, but it's fine.  As long as cabinets are in good condition and don't look ugly/dated, I'm not changing them.

We put light oak kitchen cabinets in our rentals because that is the typical Home Depot stock of basic cabinets.  Though if we ever take on a flip in higher value neighborhoods, I'm sure I'd have to get "fancier" cabinets, lol.

To the bolded, I actually did that in my master bedroom, lol.  We built a deck off the back of the house (outside the master bedroom).  Took out the window on the back wall and put in French doors instead.  It's surprisingly not as big a renovation as it sounds...speaking only of the opening/French doors.  The deck was a LOT, lol.  The labor was only a few hundred bucks (for the opening/doorway), though it's a two-person job and my H was one of the people, so to totally hire it out would be more expensive.  He and our go-to handyman did the opening/doorway part of the work.  My H and I actually built the deck ourselves.  Mostly my H, but I did at least half the staining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohl said:
    @kerbohl I'm mixed on dark cabinets. My mum also is a "non-dark cabinet" person, but all of our places got light from a small window so she wanted nothing to feel too enclosed. I'm torn on dark cabinets, it always depends on the vibe of the room.

My all-time favorite cabinet color is Cherry.  Which I would judge on the darker side.  But it is one of my H's least favorite.  So that isn't happening unless we happen to buy a house that already has cherry-colored cabinets in good condition.  Fat chance.  Cherry is not unheard of, but it's unusual.

White seems like it is the most popular, though it is one of my least favorites.  My current kitchen has white cabinets because that is what was there when we bought the house.  Not what I would chose, but it's fine.  As long as cabinets are in good condition and don't look ugly/dated, I'm not changing them.

We put light oak kitchen cabinets in our rentals because that is the typical Home Depot stock of basic cabinets.  Though if we ever take on a flip in higher value neighborhoods, I'm sure I'd have to get "fancier" cabinets, lol.

To the bolded, I actually did that in my master bedroom, lol.  We built a deck off the back of the house (outside the master bedroom).  Took out the window on the back wall and put in French doors instead.  It's surprisingly not as big a renovation as it sounds...speaking only of the opening/French doors.  The deck was a LOT, lol.  The labor was only a few hundred bucks (for the opening/doorway), though it's a two-person job and my H was one of the people, so to totally hire it out would be more expensive.  He and our go-to handyman did the opening/doorway part of the work.  My H and I actually built the deck ourselves.  Mostly my H, but I did at least half the staining.
    Please teach me to love cherry because we have cherry cabinets and I HATE them. H and I were just talking about repainting them yesterday. 
  • Everyone is talking coronavirus in my office because we know people who know the dude who just exposed untold numbers of people here in St. Louis. It's ridiculous. They were told on Thursday and multiple times a day to self-quarantine. He didn't just go to the fancy father-daughter dance on Sunday, either. Apparently he also went out for coffee on Saturday morning. So now they're trying to figure out how many places he might have decided to run errands to while lying to the county health department about following the quarantine.
  • Also, I think DS' four month sleep regression has coincided with the time change. We are not doing well over here.
  • Also, I think DS' four month sleep regression has coincided with the time change. We are not doing well over here.
    Oh I'm so sorry!   Chiquito was a HORRIBLE sleeper that night.   I remember I flew the next day and the quantity of night waking is one of the reasons I think I've stuck to phase 3 only.  
  • Everyone is talking coronavirus in my office because we know people who know the dude who just exposed untold numbers of people here in St. Louis. It's ridiculous. They were told on Thursday and multiple times a day to self-quarantine. He didn't just go to the fancy father-daughter dance on Sunday, either. Apparently he also went out for coffee on Saturday morning. So now they're trying to figure out how many places he might have decided to run errands to while lying to the county health department about following the quarantine.
    See, this is frustrating and is problematic in general when the news reports he wasn't told to quarantine until later.   FFS dude - stay home for now!
  • It was a good weekend here, we moved! The movers did most everything Friday, but finished up Saturday. Both of our families came over and helped with unpacking, so our kitchen and bathroom are set up already. My office is a sea of boxes, but it's assembled enough to work. I'm trying to ride Covid as an excuse to WFH as much as possible this week, but really I just want to enjoy the house and spend my extra time finishing unpacking. 

Things are starting to get a little crazy here, though. My entire office campus is closed tomorrow for disaster prep and IT testing, so everyone is WFH. There's also a case in one of the big county school systems, so they're closed for the day tomorrow to disinfect everything, but they're supposed to go back Weds. My sister said her hospital has a couple of cases in isolation, but not confirmed yet. I do hope this blows over soon, but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    They just closed the school district in the town next to mine until after spring break, which is 4 weeks total (the next 2 weeks where the kids were to be in school and then 2 weeks for spring break).  Two students have tested positive for Covid-19. I have all sorts of thoughts and feels about this.  My main thing is, how are community businesses going to support the parents of the children who are unexpectedly out of school now and at the last minute?  I wonder what my company will do for people who are thrust into this situation.  Also, if all the schools are closed, does this mean all childcare options that are district-associated are also gone?   (ETA: the press release said kids are being encouraged to stay home and watch tv or play video games, but basically not intermingle with each other...FFS, really?!) Because that's massive.  I'm lucky, because if DefConn's schools close, I WAH and can flex very easily.  I remember how stressful it was this summer when I ended up in the office for a few weeks unexpectedly. 

The weekend was all right.  My cousin came to town with his family.  We enjoyed entertaining on Saturday.  Mom is still doing really well, which is great.  We did meet as a family yesterday to discuss getting together a plan for services for mom when the time comes and then afterward my sisters, my mom, and I chatted for about an hour and a half. 

Between DST, a bit of a hangover, and dreading hashing out funeral plans yesterday, I was pretty in my head.  FIL was here when I got back yesterday and I literally hid as soon as dinner was over.  He just talks too much sometimes and my brain literally breaks and cannot take it.  DH has to figure out how to tell his dad it's time to go, because he knows when I'm hiding that I'm at my max capacity. 

I have major issues with that concept of closing for so long.   FOUR WEEKS??   
    -Did you look into any idea of how that effects the parents economically?  As you said, you can flex but how many parents of younger kids are now really SOL especially if they HAVE to work out of the house?  
    -You've just really screwed over the academic development for the kids.   They are out for a MONTH.   What are the local teachers unions going to say when that year their teachers are reviewed and told that the students underperformed because you screwed them over and told them to stay home? 
    -What does this do for HS students who are taking AP or college level courses?  I hope they have measures in place so those who need to take the AP exams in May can do so.  

Based on the information this isn't the flu.   It's worse than the flu.   But if you have TWO students that came down with this virus and you're closing school why aren't you doing this when there are other diseases that come out?     I guess the local health department sees the 14 days as a guideline? https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-schools.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-for-schools.html  

I went out yesterday to get some stuff for my flight this week.   Ulta, Target and CVS all were out of hand sanitizer even in travel sizes.   I don't want to get this however if we close everything that isn't going to stop it either.  

• My all-time favorite cabinet color is Cherry.  Which I would judge on the darker side.  But it is one of my H's least favorite.  So that isn't happening unless we happen to buy a house that already has cherry-colored cabinets in good condition.  Fat chance.  Cherry is not unheard of, but it's unusual.

Please teach me to love cherry because we have cherry cabinets and I HATE them. H and I were just talking about repainting them yesterday. 
    I'll try, lol.

Cherry is such a glossy, rich tone.  It's a warm, wood color with just a hint of natural reddish/maroon color.

However, what might make you all like the color even better is to discuss the enormous amount of work it is to repaint kitchen cabinets, lol.  We did that as part of the reno for a duplex we bought a few years ago, in order to help "save money".  Not worth it!  It was SO much work and added weeks to our timeline.  True, it was two kitchens.  But they were both fairly small kitchens.

First, you have to strip off all the old paint.  However, for this step, look around where you live.  You can sometimes find services that will do this for you.  At least for all the cabinet doors and drawers.  They basically have big vats of paint stripper that they put stuff in.

Then you need to paint everything.  2-3 coats.  And wait 1-2 days for it to dry between each coat.  This may not be true where you live but, down here, we also need to watch the humidity.  When humidity levels are too high, you can't paint anything because it won't "stick".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker