Wedding Reception Forum

Venues that Allow Food Trucks?

My SO and I agreed years ago that we wanted our wedding food to be provided by local food trucks. A (now former) coworker did this and it seemed so smart-delicious food, more affordable than catering, and fun! Now that we’re in the early stages of planning, though, we’re lost. How do you find a venue that allows food trucks? Has anyone here done this? Any advice?

Re: Venues that Allow Food Trucks?

• I have friends that did food trucks are their celebration party. The venue was a clubhouse in their neighborhood. I've also been to events at local breweries that had food trucks, but the drawback was that beer was the only alcoholic drink option (although that may be licensing by state.)
  • In addition to breweries I would also think parks might be open to food trucks. I would start looking for venues that don’t serve their own food (galleries, zoos, parks, etc.) because anywhere that does their own catering is probably going to prohibit bringing in a food truck. 
  • What you're looking for is a winery or brewery that doesn't have a restaurant license. They have the license to serve the alcohol they produce (so you've have to be okay with their selection), but depend on mobile vendors to provide food. A park might be okay with food trucks, but you may not be able to serve alcohol, depending on your state.