Flowers

Buying (fake) flowers over time

So I'm currently planning my wedding for October 2021. We're working on a modest budget and one of the ways I can see to save on costs is to go with fake flowers. After some discussion and research on different fake flower types and what flowers/colors I'd like, my fiancé and I would like to start purchasing some of the fake flowers we'd like little by little over the next year so that we can spread the costs. My question is, how many flowers make up a wedding?

We decided to go for mostly greenery with some little whites sprinkled in here or there. But how much is ideally needed for tables, garland, arches (or in our case wooden mountain peaks)? If anyone has an idea of how much greenery we should plan on getting, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Buying (fake) flowers over time

• It will look less tacky if you just do real greenery and candles instead of fake flowers 
  • It will look less tacky if you just do real greenery and candles instead of fake flowers 
    There’s nothing inherently tacky about fake flowers and I think this is a little rude. 

OP- I dot have experience with DIY flowers so have no real idea how much you’ll need, sorry!
  • A better idea is to save up as you go then purchase together.  One of the things I ran into with my pew bouquets was the ability to get enough of one type of fake flower for all of the arrangements.  Really, skip the centerpieces and garland as the question becomes "what are you going to do with this stuff AFTER the wedding?".  If the budget is that tight, it's better to spend that money on an upgrade like a second/larger entre' or larger slice of cake that your guests will enjoy far more.  

Next, you will NOT save money by going with fake unless you purchase them from another bride on Marketplace, Craigslist, or Ebay!  Really, the nickels, dimes and dollars (i.e. the value of the cost of your time!) add up and fake flowers can cost as much or more as real.  Consider your list of needs and take the budget you're comfortable with in to a florist and say "what can we do for the money?" and you may be surprised it can stay in a modest budget!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker