Wedding 911

COVID19 May 30th Wedding

Anyone else out there with a May 30th wedding date that has made any decisions yet? We will be getting married in Ohio and I am just having a really hard time deciding what to do and exactly WHEN to make that hard decision. Also if you are rescheduling, when are you moving it to? Ahhhh...so much stress, and the knot just sent an email that made me stress more! :(

Re: COVID19 May 30th Wedding

  • Anyone else out there with a May 30th wedding date that has made any decisions yet? We will be getting married in Ohio and I am just having a really hard time deciding what to do and exactly WHEN to make that hard decision. Also if you are rescheduling, when are you moving it to? Ahhhh...so much stress, and the knot just sent an email that made me stress more! :(
    Not in the same boat but I really feel for you. When do you have to make a decision by? Is there a date your venue needs to know by in order to reschedule? I would say to start there so you know how long you have to decide. If you have a lot of people traveling in from other areas it could impact whether they can attend depending on restrictions in their areas as wel. 
  • That is the same date that we have. I’m also so torn and don’t know if we should reschedule. My plan as of now is to keep the date but we also reserved a back up date in June. It’s just hard because you don’t know what’s going to happen in the next month but still have to get invitations out. I think we’re going to send the invites as accordingly but add in a note with the alternative date and tell people to continue following up with our website and provide the link. 
  • @biancaraexp if you don't mind me asking, what is your backup date in June? Our wedding is scheduled for June 20th, and as of right now, we are continuing as normal. We have a lot of guests traveling in from out of state but the "force majeure" clause doesn't kick into effect for our contracts until Mid May, locking us into our contracts until then. We are monitoring sites and are hoping for some resolve come mid-June, but its hard to tell what the best decision is for not only us, but for our guests as well.
  • hello! Our back up date is June 19th. Yeah my venue isn’t making us lock in our date they’ve been very flexible this just sucks because of all the uncertainty. I’m hearing that all of this could even go into late summer so it’s stressing me out and I don’t know what to do.
  • We our hoping by mid April we have more answers but we are planning to send out the invites and by May 1st hopefully being able to make up the decision. I think our venue has been pretty understanding I just hope all our other vendors are as well
  • Haven't talked to my venue yet, I figured they are probably going crazy rescheduling from March and April. We do not have many out of town guests. We have sent out our invitations (I've been married before and it took forever to get them all back). We are hoping to make our final decision by May 1st as well...it's just very stressful with not knowing. I may call to get a backup date. Are you still going to get married on the original date? We have ordered gifts and received gifts with our date on it already. ugh.
  • May 31st bride here. Thankfully, our venue has let us choose two backup dates and all of our vendors have been super accommodating. We originally planned a Sunday morning wedding with brunch reception as its less expensive- and more available when rescheduling now. We have backup dates of June 28th and September 27th. Our only financial loss will be buying new invitations. Given that our state has been pretty hard hit with virus cases (New Jersey), it is going to be rather difficult at this point to continue with the planning process for May 31st, and potentially June 28th given the projections for the virus. We're leaning towards just moving everything to September just to be less stressed and rushed in getting everything done. Sadly, as of right now, none of our municipal offices are open and we won't be able to just have a ceremony first and party later. So-- my advice-- if your municipal offices are still open, get yourself a license while you can!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards