Wedding Woes
Options

August wedding

Hi All,
Hope everyone is staying safe during this time. I am supposed to get married in Aug of 2020 in San Diego. Given the current situation, not sure if we should postpone the wedding or wait and see how things go. I contacted the hotel where we are getting married and they said "we are hoping to resume weddings by end of May". Reading about the current situation and working in the healthcare industry on the frontlines myself, doubt things will improve by May. August, on the other hand, I cannot predict. Since we have half of our guests from out of town, should we reschedule the wedding? Or, is August far away enough to hold on to some hope? Any advice is appreciated! 

Re: August wedding

• Options
    I would wait to see how things go. August is 4 months away. A lot could (and hopefully will) change. A friend's son and his FI just rescheduled their May wedding to the end of August. 
  • Options
    I agree with PP's that it's still too early to make a decision about an event in August. You'll have to wait and see how things are going when it gets closer. While we hopefully won't all be on lockdown by August, there may still be some restrictions on travel and/or large gatherings. 

One thing I will say is that I suspect even after things start to calm down, a lot of people may be reluctant to travel for a while. Obviously you know your crowd better than I do, but even if you are able to have your wedding in August, some out of town guests may not attend who normally would have. If that happens, just try to be understanding and not take it personally.

• Options
    I am going to echo the others
    -August is 4 months away.   I can't see beyond the next two weeks at this point.   We're still trying to see what our food supply gets us. 
    -That said, we did rebook our vacation for August.   So as of now we're optimistic that things are better.   Thus far we are all OK to travel and will continue to make decisions as the time comes. 

Only you know your family.   If you have people flying in they may be concerned.   The feedback I get is that Coastal California is doing a good job at social distancing and you may be ahead of this by then.  

Good luck!