Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP help

Hi, we have decided we are not allowing children or babies to our wedding due to space and location. The only kids that will be there are in the wedding party. I am wondering how I should word it and if I need to put it with the Rsvps when we send them out. 
Thank you 

Re: RSVP help

• You make sure you address the invitation to ONLY those guests you intend to invite.  If John and Mary Smith have 3 children and you are only inviting John and Mary, the envelope would be addressed to Mr. and Mrs. John Smith.  Some people have RSVP cards printed in a manner similar to this.....
    _____meals will be reserved.  Please pick from the following.....
    Meat.......
    Fish........
    Vegetarian........

You could handwrite the number of meals to give an additional hint as to how many have been invited.   If having an adult only reception is unusual in your circle, you can also let the family “informer” be made aware of this and hope they discreetly share your intentions.  Never include “adult only” on any of your invitations or response cards.
  • Asking them politely and friendly to understand the situation will make it, you can write something like according to the people! 
  • Asking them politely and friendly to understand the situation will make it, you can write something like according to the people! 
    I'm not understanding this comment well.   But if it means writing out to guests who isnt invited please don't do that. 
    This is wrong. You don’t tell people they aren’t invited. Follow MobKaz’s advice 

• Please RSVP by (two-three weeks before the wedding allowing you to contact any stragglers): 
    Guest 1 Name (YOU write this in!)
    Meal Choice

Guest 2 Name (Again, YOU write this in!)
    Meal Choice
    Nope, this is terrible advice. 
  • You limit the names on the envelope to those whom you actually are inviting to attend. You can also put their names on RSVP cards as suggested by @MobKaz.  But you cannot use any kind of wording to indicate that anyone, including kids, are not invited. I

f someone RSVPs for uninvited guests, including kids, you need to call them and indicate at that time that only those persons listed on the envelope and/or RSVP card are actually invited and only those persons can be accommodated at the wedding.