Wedding Woes
Options

Monday, Monday

2»

Re: Monday, Monday

• Options
    Well my apt had to be rescheduled because the building is closed due to covid temporarily, but until an unspecified date. I mean on the one hand it’s reassuring they closed but on the other hand that’s a little terrifying. It’s a brand new building in our medical corridor and houses a fair number of practices. Just makes it feel even more real how big of a deal this all is. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh sorry @charlotte989875 !  My sister had an Ob visit yesterday...she had to wait in her car in the parking lot and they called her when she could go up.  (Only one patient in the office at a time.)  I know I've said this before what a freaking time to be pregnant :s especially this time of year, with beautiful weather, and you guys are in the second trimester which for most is a comfortable time...this is when you guys to deserve being out on jogs in the park or at the beach, letting the bump start to show in cute clothes...and that's the lighter stuff.  Postponed appts like you had...just really stinks.  I'm sorry.

@CharmedPam I could totally see that.  My brother lives alone and although he's pretty busy with WFH, he's lonely.  My mother keeps trying to get him to visit my parents (he's 15min from them) but his school has had dozens of positive cases and two parent deaths so far so he doesn't want to risk it, even though he hasn't been in the building physically for a couple of weeks.  I try to facetime him everyday with the kids but it's not enough.  I didn't feel insulted in anyway, actually the opposite, I feel appreciative for the perspective. Thank you for sharing it.  Praying this just starts to subside soon and we can go back to life as we knew it. 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Ugh sorry @charlotte989875 !  My sister had an Ob visit yesterday...she had to wait in her car in the parking lot and they called her when she could go up.  (Only one patient in the office at a time.)  I know I've said this before what a freaking time to be pregnant :s especially this time of year, with beautiful weather, and you guys are in the second trimester which for most is a comfortable time...this is when you guys to deserve being out on jogs in the park or at the beach, letting the bump start to show in cute clothes...and that's the lighter stuff.  Postponed appts like you had...just really stinks.  I'm sorry.

Thank you!! How is your sister holding up? The anxiety of you can’t just go in to an appointment like normal is, a lot. 

I think I’m missing the lighter stuff a lot these days; my sister and I were going to go shopping to make a registry (because I have no idea what I need or want) and we can’t do it, probably won’t have a shower because of this. I feel a little silly because the big scary things are real (preterm labor, catching it and passing it to the baby, H getting it, or him not being there at the birth) and scary, but I’m also sad about the little things. 

It definitely seems a little selfish because we have a home, we’re afar, we’re together, we both still have jobs; so I feel like I shouldn’t complain because we so lucky. 
  • Options
    ei34 said:

Thank you!! How is your sister holding up? The anxiety of you can’t just go in to an appointment like normal is, a lot. 

I think I’m missing the lighter stuff a lot these days; my sister and I were going to go shopping to make a registry (because I have no idea what I need or want) and we can’t do it, probably won’t have a shower because of this. I feel a little silly because the big scary things are real (preterm labor, catching it and passing it to the baby, H getting it, or him not being there at the birth) and scary, but I’m also sad about the little things. 

It definitely seems a little selfish because we have a home, we’re afar, we’re together, we both still have jobs; so I feel like I shouldn’t complain because we so lucky. 
    Not selfish, I think it is perfectly normal to feel this way when missing out on things your were looking forward to. First pregnancy things are fun and I'm sorry you have to miss out on it. Maybe your sister could host a sip-n-see after this is all over. Feel your feels!
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @charlotte989875. And all of your feelings are normal. These are really shitty times. Feel all of the feels. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Don't feel silly harping on the lighter stuff @charlotte989875!  I'm doing that too, it's almost a defense mechanism, each time I think about my kids' little league season being canceled or that we're getting closer to summer and they're not having their weekly swimming lessons, or that baseball isn't happening right now, or something equally ridiculous, I find that it's one less moment I'm thinking about H working in the city or my parents with their compromised immune systems living in the thick of it.  We're all in survival mode, I think it's good to think about the smaller things too.

My sister is alright.  Fine physically (and so's the baby).  We had fun along with our other sister putting the registry together.  For the shower that's not happening..
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @charlotte989875. I hope your appointment can happen soon, but I agree that it's reassuring in a way.
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Don't feel silly harping on the lighter stuff @charlotte989875!  I'm doing that too, it's almost a defense mechanism, each time I think about my kids' little league season being canceled or that we're getting closer to summer and they're not having their weekly swimming lessons, or that baseball isn't happening right now, or something equally ridiculous, I find that it's one less moment I'm thinking about H working in the city or my parents with their compromised immune systems living in the thick of it.  We're all in survival mode, I think it's good to think about the smaller things too.

My sister is alright.  Fine physically (and so's the baby).  We had fun along with our other sister putting the registry together.  For the shower that's not happening..
    I think you’re right! It’s easier to focus on the little things because the big ones can just be too much.