Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF

ei34ei34 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited April 2020 in Wedding Woes
Anyone have any out-of-the-ordinary weekend plans? None here...just trying some new recipes, gardening contd. (I think I planted a couple things too early, it hasn't climbed out of the 40s all week..oops) and reorganizing the linen closet.  Be safe everyone.

ETA  there hasn't been a dog poop incident since I wrote about it so thank you everyone for your suggestions, so far the note seems to be working!

Re: TGIF

• Options
    I guess this is really just yard work, but H is planning to take the blower up on the roof tomorrow and blow all the crap that falls out of the trees off. The gutters have those cover things on top, but I guess all this stuff still needs to be removed from the roof. I have never seen this man climb a ladder, so I'm curious to see how this is going to go. If I can order paint for curbside pick up, I'm going to paint the walls in the closet we've converted to a wine cellar and then anchor the rack to the wall.

Other than that, same old thing. It's supposed to be warm and beautiful all weekend, so will be outside or on the deck as much as possible. Also have a happy hour with a group I haven't seen since this started, so I'm super excited about that. 
  • Options
    @ei34 Yeah!  That's awesome.  I'm glad the person is learning to be respectful of other people's property.  

I have no out-of-the-ordinary weekend plans.  I will also probably garden a bit (and also possibly planted a bit too early, because it has been chilly here too!), and we might do a social distanced walk with a couple that we are friends with.  The guys are fighting, so we're going to see if we can't hash things out, because the men are proving to both suck at resolving their issue.  Being socially distanced at the same time is going to be interesting!

I would love to paint my bathroom cupboards and my baseboards because they are all chipped and looking unpleasant, but I'm waiting for a warmer day when I can open the bathroom window.  I do not think it will be this weekend.

• Options
    It's sunny out, so there's that.  I'm in a funk today. 

Work internet was down this morning. I tried to get DefConn to do some homework and it was very trying for both of us.  

Tonight: We're watching more of the draft.  DH was up until midnight last night watching it. 

Tomorrow: DH is going to mom and dad's to paint the bathroom with BIL.  It's ready to be painted, so it shouldn't take too long. 

Sunday: No idea 

It's supposed to rain Saturday and at least part of Sunday. 
  • Options
    No real plans; trying to run and organize another room in the house. 3 months doesn’t seem like that much time until another human moves in. 

I’m in a work funk. We got a huge request from our finance department and my manager’s boss is asking for things that 1) the business doesn’t really want and 2) we can’t actually provide because the data doesn’t exist. Literally on a call I explained we get data is x,y,z format and he’s says “well what you need to is take the a,b,c data and do it”. We quite actually do not have a,b,c data. 

Also he’s pretty laisez-faire about the timing but he’s not the one getting the emails from Finance asking when they’ll have results, I am and it’s frustrating. 

Also I need a nap. 
  • Options
    I only had one meeting today and I thought it was at 10....went to call in at 10 and oops, it was really at 9:30.  It was with my boss and his boss (the CFO) and I'm embarrassed even though I know it happens and everyone is frazzled and understanding right now. 

I got my period last night so i feel like crap today anyway and maybe TMI but i'm still uncomfortable wearing tampons after baby so that's gross too.  

It's gray and rainy and cold again here today which also sucks and my house is a mess and our yard looks like crap.  

So the morning is going well so far.....eye roll

Good stuff: I made oatmeal bars last night that are SO GOOD, the baby finally pooped this morning (this counts as good exciting stuff in my life at the moment), it's Friday and H's turn to get up with the baby tonight so I'm looking forward to wine. I might also just nap when the babe does tomorrow morning.  

Sunday is supposed to be super nice so hopefully we can get some yard work in!
  • Options
    I don't have anything out of the ordinary going on, but some cousins called for a Friday night Zoom meeting, which should be nice.

The sun is shining out, which is a relief. We had some sucky weather last week and earlier this week.
  • Options
    Well, next week is back to full time, full staff in the office.  38 people, all on top of each other, using the same 2 copier/printers in each section.  I feel like it's a simple matter of time until someone is sick here.  Apparently our governor, when asked what working parents were supposed to do with their kids, said to take them to daycare.  There's just so much to unpack with how wrong that statement is.  Mostly, there simply isn't enough daycare in the nation to make up for children of the age that they can't really stay home alone. People in this nation are showing their entire asses lately, and I've got a list going.

No plans for this weekend.  I think the park that's near my house, which is huge, should still be okay to go sit and read a book for awhile, if it's not too packed.  Hopefully our weather get's better, it's dreary and rainy here.  I've been helping a decent sized group of friends file their unemployment.  I've had to do file twice in my life, plus I just have the brain for filling stuff like that out.  It's made me feel useful and like I'm helping, so that's been a bright spot for me, even if it's not for them.  I'm not sure that I think life will go "back to normal" but I'd like the "new normal" to start coming into existence.
  • Options
    Woke up to DD having black stuff on her face.  Thankfully it was just my makeup she pulled out from under the bathroom sink.  We haven't had them locked because we don't keep anything bad down there and she never went under there.  Needless to say that H went to Lowes to buy more cabinet locks.  

No big plans this weekend.  I need to clean up the extra bedrooms as they have become dumping grounds for stuff.  We only have Saturday as the nice day of the weekend.  I don't think we have an outdoor work to do as we finished it up last weekend.  H wants to get up into the attic to finish up hard wiring our bedroom smart TV to the internet.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    LMAO @mrsconn23 wow totally me multiple times each day.  Although it's not September, the teachers know who they're dealing with at this point lol
  • Options
    @levioosa, Good vibes back to you!  I'm crossing my fingers for you with the work situation.

@CharmedPam, that's the excitement I feel when Amazon Prime delivers ice cream to me, via Whole Foods, lol.

After my large Sam's club pickup order on Mon., I thought I'd be good for awhile.  Nope!  We're almost out of various breads...three of them were on the Sam's order, but were out of stock.  And even more critical, we're almost out of cat food.  That one I did not realize until last night.

I was resigning myself to a Walmart trip either today or tomorrow.  My closest Walmart to me doesn't do pickup at all and no way I could get a pickup slot at another one by tomorrow.  I didn't even bother checking.

So I started thinking about an Amazon Prime grocery delivery instead and did a "search".  I wasn't even looking for this but a local grocery chain also popped up in my search!  They have pick-ups available tomorrow afternoon.  Score!

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is they say they don't update their website with what is/isn't available for your order.  You get what ya get, when you show up.  At least the Walmart I'm trying to avoid isn't too far from this store, lmao.  I might end up there anyway.  But at least this way I have a shot at getting what I need without having to even walk into a store.

I have quickly become VERY spoiled by this "ordering groceries online and pick them up" thing!  Unfortunately, most of my "go to" places still don't do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah @short+sassy that’s the problem with the pick up, you dont know about out of stock items until it’s to late!

• Options
    Yeah @short+sassy that’s the problem with the pick up, you dont know about out of stock items until it’s to late!
    Actually, Sam's Club was pretty good with that.  There were a few things out of stock when I initially placed the order.  Then, they also sent me an email when my order was ready for pickup and it gave me a "heads up" on a few more items that had been on my order, but were not available that day and had not been included.

Sure, not much notice.  But at least it wasn't a "surprise" when I got there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was a gorgeous day. We went to the park again with the boys to see the ducks and horses. They both cried when they had to tell the horses bye bye. When we got home they spent about an hour just running around our front yard and playing with sidewalk chalk. We rearranged our porch furniture. While  we were doing that, our new next door neighbors were taking down some trees. The boys were absolutely enthralled with watching them use a chain saw and the trees falling! LOL pretty cheap entertainment for 22 month olds! We ordered carry out from our favorite Turkish restaurant. Unfortunately, roads were (newly) closed between here and there so the food was stone cold by the time we got it (H and DS2 picked it up). 

The boys and SIL leave this afternoon. We sure will miss them! This two weeks have flown by. DD feels pretty good about her situation so thinks they will be fine coming home. I will still worry about all of them, of course. However, it doesn't make sense for them to stay here indefinitely. DD doesn't know how long she will be in the Covid unit.

Today (Saturday) I will just be cleaning up after the boys leave. I haven't done any deep cleaning since they've been here - just vacuuming and damp mopping and counter wiping down! 

DS2 plans on staying through this week when he expects Ohio will lessen the stay at home restrictions. It has been so nice having him home. He is still looking for a job in Indy so it will be nice when that happens.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe.