Wedding Woes

Happy Monday!

Took the kids to the beach on Saturday, it's open and it wasn't crowded (didn't come closer than 100ish feet to anyone else) so that was nice...we've had plenty of outdoors time but it's really been the backyard or walks to the mailbox.  So that was a nice change of pace.  There's nothing like the ocean.   

I have a standing Saturday zoom with a friend group I love, but I only popped in for 15 minutes.  It's scheduled for an hour and always goes over, and I'm so burned out from being on-screen all week, between my web sessions with my students and helping my kids with theirs.  I know that being in front of a screen is a normal thing for lots of people, but I've always had face-to-face jobs (visiting patients as a SW, school counseling/teaching).  The zooms and even facetimes with beloved family members were starting to really bother me and I think that's why?  Such a FWP but I'm managing it better. 
Wishing everyone a happy and safe week!

Re: Happy Monday!

• I’m having a hard time with all the video chats too. I’m on most of the day for work so by the evening I’m burnout on chats. 

I’m exhausted and the pregnancy/pandemic insomnia was a lot this week. I also chatted with my
    kom for like 2 hours last night and honestly felt worse after we hung. She was a labor & delivery nurse for ~40 years which can be super super helpful. But she knows about the asthma and tells me how worried she is and that “she just can’t think too much about it because she knows what could happen” and that in times of great stress like the pandemic “babies often come early”. WTF how is any of that supposed to make me less stressed? 
  • Friday, we were outside for a long time after work because it was so nice out.  After that we just watched the draft and hung out.  

Saturday, DH had to go paint my parent's bathroom with BIL.  I took DefConn over there to have lunch with dad, DH, BIL, and so he could see mom.  He's concerned about the hospital bed situation, but has very few questions. 

Sunday, dad needed help first thing, so I had to jump out of bed to run over there.  I came back home to freshen up, run to the store, and then I went back to their house with my sisters.  We all wanted to be together as a family and also, dad needed help with mom and around the house.  After I got home, I had a little bit to be home alone.  FIL came for dinner. 

The weather looks like it's truly on the upswing.  I need to swap clothes out and also pick through DefConn's wardrobe and do a donation pile.   
  • The weather was lovely this weekend.  I did a little bit of gardening, but not as much as I would have liked.  Hubby and I were thinking of doing a virtual walk through of a cottage property I had my eye on, but then as we were pouring over the listing beforehand, we noticed that the property is zoned as "wetlands", so nope!  We're not really in a good position to buy a second property, but I want to keep an eye on what's available so we have an idea of what we can look for when we are.

I watched "Marriage Story" on Netflix yesterday.  Not really hubby's type of movie, but we talked about my thoughts on it afterwards and had a really good discussion.  

Other than that, hung out with the pets, had a quiet weekend, and zoomed my book club.  We've decided to stop meeting after this one until we can meet in person again. 

• I’m having a hard time with all the video chats too. I’m on most of the day for work so by the evening I’m burnout on chats. 
    I've got phone call burnout.  So many calls and so much coordination.  Also I've downloaded so many communication apps since teachers are using remind and zoom, my sisters and I have started using Marco Polo to leave each other video messages vs. making group calls or video chats.  I never know what's dinging, lol. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I’m having a hard time with all the video chats too. I’m on most of the day for work so by the evening I’m burnout on chats. 
    I've got phone call burnout.  So many calls and so much coordination.  Also I've downloaded so many communication apps since teachers are using remind and zoom, my sisters and I have started using Marco Polo to leave each other video messages vs. making group calls or video chats.  I never know what's dinging, lol. 
    My sister and I also do Marco Polo and it’s the only one not getting on my nerves! I think because I can watch and respond whenever I want to and it doesn’t have to be in real time. 
  • I have happy hour social hour tonight after work. I slept in and missed my walk... so now I’m wondering if maybe I can get that in on my “lunch”... because I wont be doing anything after happy hour tonight, I’ll tell you that much. 

Friday and Sat were zoom games with some friends and the rest was TV TV TV.  Weather was nice, but I could only sit out for like 20 minutes because it wasn’t that nice. I know I need to go OUT out and not just sit on my deck here and there. I also started little fires everywhere.  Reese Witherspoon must be the hardest working hollywood actress right now (or was).  

• Well I’m back at work for hopefully another week at least. We did furlough one person on Friday. I’m almost more worried for this coming Friday. They’re basing a lot of stuff on productivity. Two weeks ago we were at pre-pandemic numbers. Last week we took a big hit again. 

But this weekend was really nice. I don’t know what got into FI and I, but we ended up staying up until 5 am Saturday night just having fun. The general consensus is when you haven’t played beer pong in almost a decade you get pretty bad at it. I also caved and bought steak and we had a really nice dinner. Yesterday after recovering we just relaxed in the back yard, did some financial planning, and enjoyed the remainder of the weekend. I was also able to deep clean the house on Saturday after weeks of just not feeling up to it. Overall it was a good and productive weekend. 

@charlotte989875 I’m sorry your mom is stressing out. That’s not helpful. And it’s not even stuff you can control. 

• @levioosa, I'm glad to hear your job has survived for one more week.  Hope it continues!  I've been in that situation before and know how nerve-wracking it is.

I'm feeling really depressed.  It can be such a vicious cycle, too.  I know I'd feel better if I went outside more.  If I was more productive with my time so I didn't have things hanging over my head.  But then I feel too depressed to do anything but the bare minimum and sometimes not even that.  So then I get mad at myself for procrastinating and not doing anything to improve things.  Which makes me more depressed.  And on and on it goes.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer stream of consciousness!  I've just been feeling crushed by constant worrying and wishing I could go back in time to do some things differently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good news @levioosa!
    @short+sassy I’m with you on that.  I have a lot of projects I could be doing.  I could paint or read or clean or bake or cook or .... well you get the idea

But I just watch the boob tube. 

• I’m sorry @short+sassy. I know how it can really suck you down. *hugs*

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    Glad your job survived another week @levioosa ..sucky that you're in a constant state of limbo.  Sorry about your extra stress @charlotte989875 ,especially when you've already got enough on your plate!  And ugh @short+sassy it is such a vicious cycle, I'm sorry.  *hugs to all*
    edit grammar
  • I downloaded and played the FF7 remake this weekend.  I also figured out I could play it on the VR headset in "cinematic" mode which basically means it felt  like I was playing a video game in a movie theatre.  It was awesome, if a bit fear inspiring at times.  I stayed up all damn night talking to my best friend on Saturday night.  Almost 7 hours, and I heard the birds singing in the am.  

Then on Sunday I had a talk with myself.  I'm definitely cycling through some depression and fear based behaviors.  So, I'm cutting out alcohol completely for now, getting myself back into the kitchen, and figuring out an exercise method that I can do.  We've got a little over 3 weeks to get K graduated.  I'm going to figure out some sort of hobby for fun that isn't just sitting on my butt in front of the TV.

We're all back at work, all together.  38 people, 40 hours per week, sharing the same spaces, sharing the same 2 copiers and 2 printers.  I think it's stupid, but guess he needs the mortgage payment on his lake house or something.  One of my work relationships is probably ruined beyond repair b/c of all of this.  I don't think there will be any fallout b/c at the end of the day I'm still very good at my job and this attorney still wants my skills, but we are not friendly anymore.

So, SSDD probably.  
  • I am SO TIRED. 

I'm going to be cryptic now and will explain more later (days? weeks?) .   I am fine, DH is fine and the kids are fine.   But we received some really shitty / sad news yesterday and I woke up and couldn't sleep from 2-3 AM last night.  On top of that, I think I celebrated pretzel day by turning myself into one and so now I have a big knot in my right shoulder.   

• @banana468 - thinking of you
    @levioosa continued good luck at your job, and i'm sorry about your coworkers
    @charlotte989875 I'm so sorry your mom is stressing you out, that's not something you need right now
    @short+sassy those spirals are so hard to overcome and I am hoping the best for you to get out of your funk soon

Thank goodness we were able to get out for a 4 mile walk yesterday with the babe since it's supposed to rain all week here :(

Nothing else to report really.  Hope everyone has a good week!
  • I'm so sleepy today. We spent most of the weekend outside. It was gorgeous, but the pollen kicked my butt. I need to suck it up and start wearing a mask when we do the yard, but I don't like to. Even though I've had several servings of caffeine, I could easily curl up and go to sleep right now. Hopefully it's just allergies and not getting a cold. 

The state started reopening this weekend. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the number of places that are choosing not to open. Hopefully some amount of fear of liability, concern for the greater good and common sense will save us. I'm still not going anywhere. I'm even more concerned about going to the grocery store now than I was a week ago. 
  • Happy Monday!

Dealing with antsy clients today... both of whom wanted "estimates" of their tax liabilities. In one case, there were several missing items in the client's tax return; in the other, it involves some complex work that I need uninterrupted time to do. If only ... if only ... if only.

@MobKaz, your priest's celebration sounds lovely!

The weather here was nice over the weekend, but I think I was burned out on Saturday from both work and Zoom because all I wanted to do was read. I didn't want to participate in Zoom meetings or anything at all. I just wanted no contact with the outside world. I pretty much got that. But by yesterday I was back to feeling as normal as I could during this time.
  • Thanks everyone! I super appreciate it. I’m already stressed enough I definitely don’t need her making it worse. I know she’s scared (hell everyone is right now) and she means well. 
  • This book will help you to stay fit on pregnant  
    It helped me alot and I recommend you to read it