New York-Long Island

The Swan Club -- food?

Hi all-

I'm getting married at the Swan Club in October.  I've been there before with my fiance for a sorority formal I had in college.  However, when we recently went to the Bridal Showcase at the Swan Club, my fiance was less than impressed with the food :\

I thought that there were just some items that we would never pick and most items were good. I feel like there was an overwhelming amount of people there (had to be close to 300) and the Swan Club just couldn't handle that amount at one time (their biggest room holds just about 200).  Fiance is getting really worried now as he is big on food (aren't all men?).  Can anyone who is getting married/has gotten married at the Swan Club please help me reassure my future hubs that the food will be good?

Thanks brides :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Swan Club -- food?

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding there. they were overwhelmed frankly. i dont know if it was just the room that we were in but the tables were SO close together that you couldn't get up to go to the restroom or to dance wihtout asking someone to move their chair.
    the food was ok. i dont really recall it so it wasn't bad and it wasn't spectacular.
    ask them to do a tasting before you cvhoose your menu-even if you have to pay for it. tell them your concerns and ask how they can reassure you.

• KrisBren2011KrisBren2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there last year and it also felt like they were overwhelmed.  it felt like they crammed too many people in the room.  the tables were extremely close together and like alithebride said, you had to ask people to move their chairs to get past.  Definitely request the tables are spread out more and maybe put more at a table so you won't have as many.

The food was ok.  The cocktail hour did not have as much food as other weddings I have been to.  Definitely go for a tasting! 

On a very positive note, the outside is gorgeous!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a cancer benefit there and the food was awesome. Actually, to this day, the freshest pineapple I've ever had.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we are definately doing a tasting before hand but I feel like if it's not up to par there's not much we can do about it at this point.  I'm definately not expecting 5 star gourmet food but I don't know the hubbie to be is very nervous about this.  *sigh*

On the other hand, we are doing a platinum package for our cocktail hour and getting a cold seafood BOAT so maybe that will deter any not so amazing cocktail hour foods :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is there next month....we have not picked our menu with them yet, but anyone I've talked to who has been to an even there has said nothing but great things about the food, so I´m not the least bit worried.

We booked the Garden Room, which we were told holds 165 people. We invited about that many, but a bunch have rsvp'd no, so hearing the stories of the rooms being 'crammed in' makes me wonder if I should bother inviting people from our 'b list' or leave it as is so we don't run into the issue of overcrowding the room......
  • edited December 2011
    -R.Wilsonny,

We have the Camelot room which we're told holds 230 guests and we're probably inviting about 200.  I'm not too concerned about "cramming" bc the room is a good size and honestly, when have you ever gone to a wedding where you weren't close to other tables or had to ask people to move their chair a bit?  I think you'll be ok in the garden room regardless!  Also, thanks for quelling my fears about the food! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_swan-club-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:eb3063fb-5e42-4609-88e8-c6f8c23fed58Post:4eeb32e2-8a33-4e44-b989-efda93738dc8">Re: The Swan Club -- food?</a>:
    [QUOTE]-R.Wilsonny, We have the Camelot room which we're told holds 230 guests and we're probably inviting about 200.  I'm not too concerned about "cramming" bc the room is a good size and honestly, when have you ever gone to a wedding where you weren't close to other tables or had to ask people to move their chair a bit?  I think you'll be ok in the garden room regardless!  Also, thanks for quelling my fears about the food! :)
    Posted by danixbanani[/QUOTE]

We actually did a tasting last week and picked out the menu.....I have to say, the food was really good - good presentation, and the service was wonderful. We are requesting Roberto to work at our wedding - he was so nice!
  • siobhanneilsiobhanneil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    My fiance and I looked at the Swan Club a few weeks ago and it's definitely in the running as we narrow down choices for our wedding. For those of you who have had weddings there since you last posted--could you update me on on the food, cramping, over all atmospehere of the wedding .??? I would really appreciate it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards