Wedding Woes

W-w-wednesday

All the W's today.  It's always our watermelon and waffles for breakfast day.  Last night I decided to make waffle batter from scratch and pulled out the waffle iron this morning.  The kids had fun turning it over...we didn't lose too much batter.  They said "no more freezer waffles!" but I need my Kodiak frozen waffles on busy mornings. They'll survive.
Today's schedule is a bit less hectic than yesterday, which is nice.  How is everyone else?

Re: W-w-wednesday

• hunting down slipper boots but I think I'm looking out of season. Our basement is cold a.f on the feet and my slippers keep falling off :(
    I mean, I can use my sandals or flats ... but I also want the slippers?

Anyways .... otherwise not much today.
    BabyKitten's water table came yesterday and this weekend is gonna be really nice and warm, so we're going to set it up :) I'm mildly excited I can put her in shorts also lol!

Waiting on Starbucks order right now and sending emails while waiting for it to be later in the day to make calls.
  • @ei34 could you make extras and freeze them so then you still have ready to go ones on busy days
  • I stopped at a friend's house last night and we sat on their back porch.  We started laughing at one point b/c we were so far away from each other, we had to use "stage voices" to hear each other.  It was nice to see someone though.

K is really struggling with the end of the school year stuff that's been thrown at them.  I'm struggling with how to help.  Both of us are frustrated with ourselves, each other, and situation, etc.  But it's all over one way or another next Tuesday.  Hopefully in a good way.

Other than that, SSDD.  I want my new shoes to ship!!  And some nice weather.  It stormed so badly here that a lot of trees were ripped up.
  • @ei34 my boss cooks then freezes homemade waffles all the time. Apparently they taste delish after recooking in the toaster later

@VarunaTT damn! We've only ever had 2 wind storms strong enough to move trees to my knowledge. Hopefully everyone was safe
  • I’m struggling. Work feels like a disaster lately and all I want to do is run and nap and eat popcorn. I was on until 8 last night fielding requests and it was ridiculous. H was annoyed at my office (and I get it I am too) but it just made for a shitty night. 

I’m trying to find a few days to take off in the next few weeks. I clearly can’t go anywhere but I’m burned out. I legit cried and my desk and stress are skittles last night. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    I stopped at a friend's house last night and we sat on their back porch.  We started laughing at one point b/c we were so far away from each other, we had to use "stage voices" to hear each other.  It was nice to see someone though.

K is really struggling with the end of the school year stuff that's been thrown at them.  I'm struggling with how to help.  Both of us are frustrated with ourselves, each other, and situation, etc.  But it's all over one way or another next Tuesday.  Hopefully in a good way.

Other than that, SSDD.  I want my new shoes to ship!!  And some nice weather.  It stormed so badly here that a lot of trees were ripped up.
    What shoes did you get?? 

H and are in a similar pattern now; I’m stressed he doesn’t know how to help, he’s frustrated with my job and that I’m working too much. I’m frustrated too but just need to get through it. It all sucks. I hear you. 
  • @charlotte989875 it's a stressful time, on top of being pregnant I cannot imagine. This weekend you should do something to destress. Take a bath, nap, watch movies, snack on all the food .... whatever makes you happy
  • @charlotte989875 2 fun ones that'll go with a lot of this seasons color scheme (since Lane Bryant put on their stuff on such deep discounts, I actually have "new season" clothes) and then I always get a basic black/nude (brown, gold) sandal for the summer.

• @charlotte989875 I hope today is better!  Or does it look like it's going to be days like yesterday was for a while?  I hope you are able to take time off.

I'm making bread today, now that my bread maker is fixed.  I am excited - it will be ready just in time for lunch!

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    *hugs* @charlotte989875
    Nice shoes @VarunaTT !

I do that every other weekend- make a large batch of waffles usually with the Kodiak mix and freeze them, then toast when the kids want waffles.  Much more affordable than buying them ready-made and frozen.  It's the waffle iron the kids want to see every day, lol.
  • Work is making me crazy.  I think i mentioned a few weeks ago that I was added (late) to a project team that's focused on a topic I already handle a lot of the work for at our company.  I just got access today to more of the materials/workflow drafts/etc and found out i'm now the lead on like half the project and have to update our Executive sponsor today...eye roll.  Luckily it's stuff I feel generally prepared to talk about, but not in an organized way and i have no documents to show.  I also had this conversation with my boss last week (what action items are needed, deadlines I should know about, etc) and he gave me nothing.  Now I have a month to not only complete the work, but also put together presentations for our entire executive team, and get them reviewed and approved by multiple levels.  It's a team I wanted to be on, and i'm doing the work anyway, but it's so unorganized it's driving me nuts.  Also, it's just our regular busy time of the quarter.  

I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookie sticks last night though, and baby is napping - so there's the good news :)  
  • @ei34 I used to make batch pancakes and freeze them for later and they were still good. I bet the waffles would still taste great if you made and froze some. 

Another day, another dollar (for now). Not much else going on here. 

• @charlotte989875 it's a stressful time, on top of being pregnant I cannot imagine. This weekend you should do something to destress. Take a bath, nap, watch movies, snack on all the food .... whatever makes you happy
    Thank you!! The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend so I’m hoping we can get out for a hike and then I can nap, relax and snack! 
  • @MissKittyDanger I have slipper flops.  From Jessica Simpson. i mean from her line, she didn’t personally give them to me. love them because they’re warm but my feet aren’t trapped.  I dont like shoes and socks! Best thing about summer.

currently unavailable but you get what I mean
    Jessica Simpson Comfort Spa Flip Flops Thong Slide On Womens Fuzzy Bedroom House Slippers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HQTNCRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cFzQEbEWT0WFJ

Now I need to mosey onto Lane Bryant.

last night we were tricked with 15 minutes of dark clouds, rain and thunder and it’s the best weather ever. I opened my doors with screens. But then it passed, and at 10 at night my room just smelled like wet dog.  Gotta change them sheets today.

• kerbohl said:
    @charlotte989875 I hope today is better!  Or does it look like it's going to be days like yesterday was for a while?  I hope you are able to take time off.

I'm making bread today, now that my bread maker is fixed.  I am excited - it will be ready just in time for lunch!
    This week should (fingers crossed) be busy, but should slow down next week. I’m hoping to add a few days over the next few weeks. I usually hate using PTO on days where I don’t have real plans or I’m not going anywhere but I need it. 
  • That’s super frustrating @Casadena; things like that happen at my company a lot and it’s infuriating. 

Thanks @ei34!! Hope your waffles were tasty! 
  • Loving those red ones @VarunaTT!!
  • kerbohl said:
    @charlotte989875 I hope today is better!  Or does it look like it's going to be days like yesterday was for a while?  I hope you are able to take time off.

This week should (fingers crossed) be busy, but should slow down next week. I’m hoping to add a few days over the next few weeks. I usually hate using PTO on days where I don’t have real plans or I’m not going anywhere but I need it. 
    100% me.  I travel A LOT and have very few days.  I’m banking my PTO to go somewhere when this is all over. I hope its not as busy for you and you can fit in some “me” breathers.

one thing I do make sure I do daily, during work, is a 20 minute workout vid at lunch.  It revives me and makes me feel better with all the adrenaline running.  

• Last night DH made cauliflower crust pizza (the crust was pre-made). It was such a nice evening we ate on the screened porch while sitting on our new furniture. Such a nice evening. DS2 is still here and will be at least until Sunday. His company is deciding on when/how to reopen. He may have to go in next week but may not for two more weeks. I really like having him at home.

DD's hospital is having financial concerns (as are most). They are requiring staff to take a personal day every week unless they are working in the Covid unit. This is to try and avoid furloughs. DD is part time but in the Covid unit so she doesn't have take take the PTO. At least she is there through May. Her schedule will be reconsidered in June. She's hoping the fact that she volunteered for the unit and her seniority (she went part time after the twins were born) will help her hang on to her job. Fingers crossed.

Not much going on here today. I found some peach cobbler filling in the freezer so will probably make a cobbler. I am also going to work on a photo book for the boys to document their time with us during the pandemic. I need to think of a cute name for it. Any suggestions? 
  • I’m sorry @ILoveBeachMusic. I’m continually surprised (but not really surprised) at how quickly our house of cards healthcare and economic system collapsed. You would think healthcare workers would be safe from lay-offs, but we’re not. I hope DD can retain her job and remain safe. 

• @charlotte989875, I'm sorry you've been under so much stress at work.  Especially on top of being pregnant and extra worried about that because of the pandemic.  I hope things get better for you soon.  I expect (and hope!) that by mid-May the country will start opening back up and maybe banking and your all's workload will start getting back on an even keel.  

@Casadena, and good luck with your work also!  Sounds like it's going to be a crazy month for you.  Maybe take a few days of PTO when things slow down.  Even if the only place you're going to go is relaxing at home!  Or relaxing as much as you can with with a baby.  The 24/7 work that never ends lol, but at least you're paid with a lot of cuteness and moments of fun.

@VarunaTT, I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible with K finishing their schooling.  At least there is an end in sight.  On the shoes, I especially like the red asymmetrical one.  So cute!

I need to figure out some PTO time myself.  I just need more of a break.  Even if I'm at home, either way.  It's a totally different feel to not be chained to my remote access computer window and worry about the work I'm getting done.

There's a local, nearby restaurant my H and I love.  They put out a new "take-out" menu every week, because each day there is only one choice for entrees they will have.  Their latest menu came out yesterday and it had all these references to "jazzy" and "festing in place".  It struck me as odd, repetitive word choices until it finally hit me.  This weekend was supposed to be the first weekend of Jazz Fest :(.

I live close enough to Jazz Fest to hear one of the stages from my porch.  While there are definitely annoyances living that close to such a major event, lol, I'm especially going to miss all the hullabaloo this year.  The empty streets are going to feel even emptier.

----------------------------

Oh!  And here's another unexpected negative of Stay At Home orders.  Rats!  ((Shudder)).  So many of their normal eating spots have no/less food, so now they are invading homes.  Over the last week, I've had two different tenants complain of seeing one or more rats in their house.  We have rarely had this problem in any of our properties. 

One of them is my next door tenant.  That must have been one desperate rat, lol.  That's the tenant who normally runs an AirBnB on that side and stays there occasionally.  As such, there is practically no food in the house and...I swear...that tenant is one of the biggest neat freaks I have ever met, lol.  A fantastic quality in a tenant.  

The other person has been my tenant for four years.  She's never had a problem until a few months ago (Feb.).  I chalked that up to an especially low temp. cold snap we'd just had and called an exterminator.  I know she keeps a clean and tidy house.  But she informed me yesterday they have rats again (sigh).  Fortunately, we went with a contract with that previous exterminator.  It's not a "once a month" treatment contract.  But we can call them over the next year anytime there is problem with rats/mice/cockroaches and they come back out for no charge.

Hopefully cockroaches aren't next, lol.  I could see them also abandoning restaurant dumpsters for more abundant vittles in people's homes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am tired. I have been sleeping like shit, I feel like I have too much to do, which is stupid because I don't have any more to do than usual and it is all stuff I want to do. Except laundry, which isn't even that backed up but will be if I don't stay on top of it.

I think I will have a glass of wine tonight and watch Pose. Has anyone seen it? I love it so much.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I think since we started 'real' school--as in the school is telling us what to do (although it's all made up and the points don't matter!) it's harder.  Her instruction is wider, but shallower--less rigorous in so many ways.  But I want her to have the knowledge she's supposed to pick up here, so now I'm trying to do my stuff on top of school's.
    We're about to go off-book and do pH stuff @ home: https://www.facebook.com/events/642154163055723/permalink/656097538328052/
    (Mr. Nick is awesome)

Yesterday...I should have been on Dr. PimplePopper or whomever.  The Mr. said it deserved a video and was THE singular most disgusting thing he'd ever done.-a thing on my back I finally had him lance.  I am not going into further grossout details unless someone WANTs it (and you don't), but I have a very large bandaid there now  I know, TMI.

Everyone here is still home, we're all still gettig paid, and I"m the only one working from home.  and I'm definately working--it just doesn't LOOK like it, which is a PITA (at least my boss mostly understands that it took me 4 hours to learn how to use the new program, so an hour's worth of work looks like that.  And she understands the 'i had to go down 15 rabbit holes to figure out how to adjust this activity for distance learning' time spent)

• I never thought of rats being a problem but I see their point now...@short+sassy yuck!

• I never thought of rats being a problem but I see their point now...@short+sassy yuck!
    It doesn't help when you also live in a port city where rats are in abundance all the time, anyway.  But most of them usually prefer to hang out around restaurant and hotel dumpsters.

They get really big here also.  Throw a saddle on them, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @ILoveBeachMusic quarantwinning?  Lol..I'm not good at that stuff.  Where's @MobKaz isn't she the HashtagHelp queen?
    @short+sassy omg ew!  Can totally see rats being an issue now that you've said it but yikes!
  • @short+sassy YES a couple of PTO days would be fantastic when work slows down.  It would be fun to have nothing to do but cook, read, and play with the baby :)
  • PTO: I took last Friday off. We were closed for Good Friday 2 weeks prior and i really enjoyed the day so I took Friday off. I still got a few calls for emergency help but mostly chill time. Highly recommend. I have a week off in June scheduled and I might keep it while making myself available as needed but generally not working. 

Hospitals: I read an article the other day from a hospital where I went to college and the CEO (an alum) said that they lose about $1000 per COVID patient which I found interesting. I guess there's a small billing margin for essential type treatments and these are beyond that. I imagine elective treatments/surgeries bring in more $ if those weren't cancelled. 
  • Guys ... I just bought the cordless Dyson Animal vacuum!
    If you're thinking of buying them, no shipping and $200 off until tomorrow.

Literally only reason I bought. We have my mum's vacuum and it needs to be serviced, but I wanted to purchase my own when we moved but now is better.
  • Guys ...

If you're thinking of buying them, no shipping and $200 off until tomorrow.

Literally only reason I bought. We have my mum's vacuum and it needs to be serviced, but I wanted to purchase my own when we moved but now is better.
    I love mine too!