Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

The worst day of the week!

It's mostly SSDD here.  I'm actually in a decent enough place at work after grinding for the last 2 weeks.  I am going to up my dosage of my medicine though, there are still times when I'm getting overly anxious.  I don't want to be numbed out to the situation; I do want to be able to sleep and deal with regular levels of life stress.  I'm not quite there yet.

Otherwise, I'm trying to figure out something fun for K and I to do on this 3 day weekend, b/c we'll have Sunday/Monday off together.  It's been terribly rainy here, so I'm not sure camping is really on the table just yet.  Other ideas?  Usually we'd just jaunt off to for a weekend trip to Crystal Bridges or another city, but I'm just not sure any of that is possible right now.

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Wait.  It’s only Tuesday?  Feels later than that!

i would check weather and go along with that @VarunaTT.  I think we’re getting some rain too.

but seriously.... it’s only Tuesday?

• Options
    @CharmedPam I seriously just went and checked the calendar to make sure I wasn't wrong.  :smiley:  I haven't been tracking during the week very well at all and was fully prepared to admit I could be wrong.  
  • Options
    i think it’s because I worked till 6:30 last night.  But I also took a nap at 3.  So maybe that’s why Monday felt like 2 days?

• Options
    @levioosa, I can make a meal out of cheese and crackers.  You’re all good with me. 

• Options
    @levioosa, I can make a meal out of cheese and crackers.  You’re all good with me. 
    Same. And you had an apple, that's great!

My son learned how to say Cracker so I am feeling pretty proud of myself, lol.

SSDD. My calves hurt from working out, my riding lesson was good, the Boston cream cake I made was kind of a bust. 
  • Options
    I am exhausted today and not feeling very good, meh.  I can barely keep my eyes open and it's not even lunchtime yet!  I need to get on a better sleep pattern.  I keep feeling wide awake when I should be going to bed.  Other than that, not much else going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    H and I are starting to grate on each other's nerves.  My dad is really starting to struggle with everything going on - he had to return to work today after being the only leadership team member and one of the few employees working from home for the last couple months.  They live in a state that was never really shut down (Iowa can suck it).  His anxiety is through the roof and I wish I could do something to help.  Mom has been totally isolated other than dad so she can visit my Grandma daily who lives alone.  Everyone is just very stressed.  

Our region is on track to start phase 3 (most other states phase 1) at the end of May - so hopefully rates continue to decline and level enough to support that.  I probably won't be in the office for most of the summer.  Babe will start back to "school" in phase 4, so likely end of June.  

I made good peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on sunday night and they were delicious.  Those and red wine will keep me going this week...
    I feel this, I think the stress is really getting to everyone at this point. I won’t be back in the office before the baby comes and that’s weird. I’m not sure if H will or not and that’s stressful. 

It’s all stressful. 
  • Options
    I just ordered is two separate mini cakes for our anniversary because we don’t like the same cake flavor and after 5 years of marriage I’ve decided two cakes is better than one person eating cake that isn’t their favorite. 
    You should be a marriage counselor. 
    Ha!  My husband and I do this with pizza!
  • Options
    I just ordered is two separate mini cakes for our anniversary because we don’t like the same cake flavor and after 5 years of marriage I’ve decided two cakes is better than one person eating cake that isn’t their favorite. 
    You should be a marriage counselor. 
    Also, we have separate sheets and blankets because I like all the blankets and steal them and he likes to be cold. 
  • Options
    Whiskey and popcorn is one of my favorite dinners.  

• Options
    Weekend ended up being shitty.
    I have zero memory about Saturday because everything just over does it.

Sunday we planned on going for a walk after BabyKitten's nap, mostly because I had to pick up a few things at the store. M and BabyKitten were to hang out by a grassy area when I went in.
    She woke up from her nap, I went up to put some stuff away and then bring her down. She sneezed and ended up throwing up all over herself :( Likely a fluke and just breakfast didn't sit right, but didn't take a chance.
    Bathed her, changed sheets and unfortunately had to remove her Tickle Me Elmo from stuffie rotation. She hasn't said anything so far. Still trying to clean it but not looking great.

Then Sunday night {just about midnight} I wake up to hearing M on the phone with emerg dispatch.
    M smokes weed and swapped to oil pen 2 months ago. He didn't know if he was having a bad trip or a heart attack.
    It ended up being a panic attack.
    I sat on the porch crying out of fear and my own anxiety.

Paramedic said likely the oils seeped into his skin, but it was likely something that was oncoming. M has a dr appt tomorrow morning and seeing to that.
    We've talked and he is open to suggestion from the dr. Even if that means therapy/counseling. Which is interesting because I don't think he's considered it before.

We're all doing better today.
  • Options
    Whiskey and popcorn is one of my favorite dinners.  
    yes
  • Options
    @levioosa that really sucks about your work situation. I can’t imagine the anxiety of each week wondering if you’re going to have a job on Monday. That really sucks, I’m sorry. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I'm glad things seem better today.  I hope everything is okay with M and BabyKitten.

@drunkenwitch, I hear ya!  I like wine and popcorn.  Come to think of it, is there any beverage popcorn doesn't go well with, lol?

I also have a Catherine the Great story.  When my b/f (at the time) and I were in college, we picked a day to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, CA).  We were extra excited that it was a weekday we both had off and figured the park wouldn't have many people.  Weeellll, it didn't have many people.  Because it turned out it was closed.  Drat and curses!  Especially since this place was about 2 hours away from where we lived in Southern Orange County.

We didn't want to waste our trip, so we started thinking about what else to do.  Then I remembered the Armand Hammer museum in L.A. was having a special Catherine the Great exhibit, on loan from the (I think) the Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg.  So we went there instead.  It was an amazing exhibit!  My favorite thing I saw was one of her original carriages that had been restored.  It was enormous!  It was in a room by itself and they had to fit it sideways, so it would fit.  It was gilded and intricately detailed with hand-painted scenes.  Much more a work of art than a mode of transportation.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I will definitely check out The Great.  I have Hulu, but don't have Netflix.  So it's nice that, for ONCE, the show I'm interested in seeing is actually on the stream service I have, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to know I’m not the only one who enjoys the adult version of a kid’s dream dinner lol. Let’s throw in ice cream at this point. 

Hugs @ei34

Thanks @charlotte989875

I hope things improve for you @MissKittyDanger

• Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2020
    @short+sassy I am so jealous.  That exhibit sounds amazing.  I have very little interest in art but go absolutely crazy for historical exhibits.  Give me clothes, everyday items and tools over painted bowls of fruit. 

• Options
    @short+sassy I am so jealous.  That exhibit sounds amazing.  I have very little interest in art but go absolutely crazy for historical exhibits.  Give me clothes, everyday items and tools over painted bowels of fruit. 
    I hear you on that @drunkenwitch.  

@MissKittyDanger, that sounds super scary.  Sorry you were put through that and on a long weekend no less (happy belated Victoria Day Canadians).  Does H smoke for his own anxiety? Will be stop the oils and maybe go back to the medicinal marijuana maybe? I really don’t know much about the oils but I know people who do well with cbd and the medicinal stuff. 

• Options
    Sorry @MissKittyDanger, hows M doing now? That must have been really scary. 
  • Options
    MKD - That is so scary!  Is the weed or oils for recreational use?  What is the therapy/counseling for?