Wedding Woes

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday everyone.  SSDD for me, with the exception of my skin.  I feel like it's lost some of its glow/dewiness.  Maybe it's Pandemic stress?  Maybe just age?  My diet/lifestyle hasn't really changed and this time of year doesn't usually impact my face.  Does anyone have a skincare product they adore that I should be using?

Re: Hump Day

• I've been using the Beautycounter brightening oil. I think it is #1. The gal who does my eyebrows sells it but ordering is all online.
  • edited May 2020
    Today I have been so tired. I even thought I would take a nap, which I never do, whole the baby naps today. Guess who did not take a nap. 😒

I want Botox so fucking bad. I feel like I look like Droopy the dog, from the cartoons. Is there a cream for that?

Today I walked into the kitchen to find my 19month old standing on the counter. He also pulled the child lock completely off the drawer with the knives. 

I am too tired for all of this nonsense.

Eta: I got an email that my chairs are out for delivery. Cool? The link for tracking is broken but in the email they say I can call customer service with any questions. Of course they don't provide the number. 🙄 It is currently 4:46pm anyone want to make bets on when they show up? Over/under is 6pm. (Obviously I don't know what over/under means, it just sounded cool)
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2020

Dramatically Differenttrade Hydrating Jelly
    I'm too lazy to make the pictures smaller, @ei34 but I've just started using these 2 moisturizers from Clinique and I'm in love with my skin.  I have decided I have oily dry skin, which is annoying AF.  Like basically my skin makes oil that just makes my face slick, but my skin also needs moisture put into it, the oil doesn't really moisturize it anymore.  The jelly is my daily use and it's just so light and lovely feeling, with no drying out.  This is also the one that they created to go with the "injectables"  I haven't tried any of them yet, but I kind of have my eye on 2 of them as something to try to add some more oomph.

The pink one is just amazing.  It also has a night mask that you just rub in.  Every single time I feel like my skin looks tired I throw this on and it's an immediately brighter difference.  I don't use either one very often (I got it in a extra with purchase), maybe once every week or 10 days, but it's just perfect when I need that extra boost.

I'm over this week.  I just want my 3 day weekend. 
  • @VarunaTT Love the jelly! I have combo skin, so on my skin it's like serum without over doing it.

@ei34 I can't get photos to post, but look up Neutrogena Bright boost {if that's better on your budget} I've found with not going out as much, it's affecting my skin too. I picked this up and it's the pick-me-up my skin needed :) 
  • @ei34 you need to try Honeymoon Glow from Farmacy. Seriously - it makes my skin look so good! 

I wish I could say SSDD...haha. I will now refer to my soon to be exH as Fuckface. 

Fuckface finally hired a lawyer and he contacted my lawyer. It's actually one of his clients and he's a real estate attorney...lol. Also, interesting side note. Fuckface's brother that's been living with us since January and is still married? Well he's been fucking this lawyer's daughter on and off for months now. 

Fuckface lied to his lawyer and said I agreed to take 20k and leave the house. Fuckface actually tried to offer me 25k, and I never agreed and I hired my attorney the next day. 

He once again tried to kick me out of the bedroom last night. He's such a piece of garbage. And I'm glad he's done all of this, because I was super depressed on Monday. Now I'm just angry and full of rage, which I prefer. I can't wait to be done with all of this. 
  • Hmm skin is supposed to be glowy?  I never had that so I don’t know....my skin has always been dull. 
    @missJeanLouise I get botox on my crowsfeet and I feel like the change is just minimal.  Nothing fantastic.  Same with my friend who gets it in her glabella and says it’s not worth the money. When things open up I’m going to switch my injector and maybe it’s him?  My SIL gets it on her forehead and it works!!! If you have loss in volume you may be suggested fillers instead, as I was.  I paid $1,500 (which was a special) and STILL found the results minimal!  I am supposed to get it 1 x a year but I dunno, gonna monitor my marionette lines the “doctor” said I had to make sure I need it again.  I think I know to much about plastic surgery/injections.

Last night I saw Invisible Man.  It was really good.  It took me a couple minutes of thinking about the end to actually get it (and I’m sure 90% of the people got it while watching it). I was brushing my teeth and went “ahhhh that’s what happened!  Ok.  It’s good now”.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Today I have been so tired. I even thought I would take a nap, which I never do, whole the baby naps today. Guess who did not take a nap. 😒

I want Botox so fucking bad. I feel like I look like Droopy the dog, from the cartoons. Is there a cream for that?

Today I walked into the kitchen to find my 19month old standing on the counter. He also pulled the child lock completely off the drawer with the knives. 

Eta: I got an email that my chairs are out for delivery. Cool? The link for tracking is broken but in the email they say I can call customer service with any questions. Of course they don't provide the number. 🙄 It is currently 4:46pm anyone want to make bets on when they show up? Over/under is 6pm. (Obviously I don't know what over/under means, it just sounded cool)
    Hope you get your chairs soon.

Feeling exhausted too for a different reason. My sleep cycle is out of whack. My doctor set me up for a sleep study, so hopefully that will lead to treatment and I can start sleeping more or less normally.
  • Today I have been so tired. I even thought I would take a nap, which I never do, whole the baby naps today. Guess who did not take a nap. 😒

Actually you used the term perfectly, lol.  Normally it refers to sports scores and is an even bet.  Like if the over/under for a Saints vs. Falcons game is 53.5, if the total score of both teams is 53 or less...then the people who bet the "under" option win.  If it's more than 53, then the people who bet the "over" option win.

In your bet offer, the "under" bet would be the delivery comes on/before 6PM.  The "over" bet would be the delivery comes after 6PM.  For your sake, I hope the "under" bet wins, lol. 

@climbingwife, I'm sorry for everything you are having to go through.  Ugh!  I hope it's over sooner rather than later and you can move on.  I would think that is only to your advantage he chose to get a lawyer who doesn't even normally do divorces.

I have a busy day at work today, which I actually prefer.  Though not so busy or urgent that it's stressful.  So, overall, I'm feeling good and productive!

Unfortunately, at my work, we "trade" Mardi Gras for Memorial Day.  As such, this Mon. is just going to be business as usual.  Meh.  But I am planning to take a vacation day on Friday, depending on how my workload is.  Oh yes, I will get a 3-day weekend.  One way or another, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sleep has been off and on for me too.  I happened to stumble upon a link for “beauty within” and then that link brought me to this:
    https://www.gnc.com/hair-skin-and-nail-formulas/452345.html
    I mean the “feel more youthful in and out” really got to me since I don’t know what HGH is, but the reviews said people didn't really notice anything about their skin but got the best sleep of their life from it.
    still very expensive if it only does 1 of the 3 things it promises. 

• SSDD here. @missJeanLouise, I feel your pain. I ordered the dining room table and it's supposed to show up some time this week or next. I guess that's my delivery window? Good thing there's a pandemic and I won't be going anywhere anyway. Is it 6 there yet? Did the chairs turn up?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for our anniversary Saturday. Our norm is to go out for a fancy dinner and then drinks or go play pool or something. I'm not sure whether I want to order carry out from a nice place or just cook a nice meal. Or maybe we stop trying to make it similar and do something totally different, like pack and lunch and go for a hike. I really wish I could use the massage gift cards we got each other for our birthdays, but they'll just have to collect dust for a bit longer. 
  • It's 6:49, the Overs definitely have it. Iftar, the big meal for breaking of the fast for Muslims, is at 7 so no way are these chairs coming tonight. Maybe I will call customer service tomorrow, lol.

Thanks for the explanation @short+sassy, my R.I.Pbff used to bet on everything so I am surprised I don't know more about it but I was always too poor to play so I didn't pay attention.

@climbingwife (((hugs))) how was your weekend away? Are you and fuckface sharing a room? I am seriously impressed you are doing this while still living together, it has to be hard.
  • SSDD here. @missJeanLouise, I feel your pain. I ordered the dining room table and it's supposed to show up some time this week or next. I guess that's my delivery window? Good thing there's a pandemic and I won't be going anywhere anyway. Is it 6 there yet? Did the chairs turn up?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for our anniversary Saturday. Our norm is to go out for a fancy dinner and then drinks or go play pool or something. I'm not sure whether I want to order carry out from a nice place or just cook a nice meal. Or maybe we stop trying to make it similar and do something totally different, like pack and lunch and go for a hike. I really wish I could use the massage gift cards we got each other for our birthdays, but they'll just have to collect dust for a bit longer. 
    We’re trying to decide the same thing for Friday. Seems weird to do fancy takeout at our house. I ordered cakes and we’re going to take the dog to the woods in the morning but that’s all I’ve got so far. 
  • Dad's not getting out today.   He's on a medication that they gave him yesterday and the effects aren't great (what it is I don't know but it appears to be slowing down his motor control and he can't walk far).

They want to discharge him to a rehab facility and I'm nauseated at where he may be and scared that he's not equipped to be in the house with my mom.   So many local facilities are where the COVID-19 deaths are highest and he needs the assistance but also I'd like him to come home without such a deadly virus. 

I asked my mom to talk to his physician who may have insight as to the places that may be better suited for physical rehabilitation vs. those that offer nursing home care PLUS physical rehabilitation to help reduce the likelihood that he may be a victim of community spread.  

To top it off, their house is not suited for people with mobility issues and I've been asking them to consider moving but they have always (mom especially)  resisted and now the reality that the house isn't working is setting in - and it's not advised for me to go there because of this damn virus.  

• I’m having trouble focusing at work. I have work to do. It’s important and I just can’t get myself motivated to do it. I’m listening to a call that I’d normally be pretty interested in, but here I am instead of paying attention. 

Someone tell me I’m not the only one that’s finding it hard to focus on things??
  • ei34 said:
    Happy Wednesday everyone.  SSDD for me, with the exception of my skin.  I feel like it's lost some of its glow/dewiness.  Maybe it's Pandemic stress?  Maybe just age?  My diet/lifestyle hasn't really changed and this time of year doesn't usually impact my face.  Does anyone have a skincare product they adore that I should be using?
    Sunday Riley good genes is amazing. 
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2020
    Climbing - Its laughable that STBxH got a real estate attorney!  He must only be worried about the house.  Its laughable that he only wants to gives you $20 - $25k to rescind your rights to it.  You have mentioned on here all of the updates you guys have done!  No way would your "cut" only be $25k!

Banana - I saw the update on your dad - thankfully it was only a small stroke.  I hope he can recover from his remaining side effects quickly!  I'm glad that he is able to come home quickly too.  (ETA: We posted at the same time - sorry that he can't get home right away.  I hope you can find a safe rehab facility for him.)

I gave blood yesterday and felt like blah after.  I realized I forgot to eat before.  I usually have a small snack before.  I even went to sleep earlier than H last night!  He asked me if I felt ok.  I felt a little blah this morning after my shower too.  That was probably my blood sugar though - its happened before.  But after breakfast, I am finally starting to feel good.

As long as I feel ok - I will have yoga tonight.
  • It's 6:49, the Overs definitely have it. Iftar, the big meal for breaking of the fast for Muslims, is at 7 so no way are these chairs coming tonight. Maybe I will call customer service tomorrow, lol.

Thanks for the explanation @short+sassy, my R.I.Pbff used to bet on everything so I am surprised I don't know more about it but I was always too poor to play so I didn't pay attention.

@climbingwife (((hugs))) how was your weekend away? Are you and fuckface sharing a room? I am seriously impressed you are doing this while still living together, it has to be hard.
    Weekend away was great. Just what I needed. I may go stay at my brother's this weekend. Being in this house is not good for my mental health. 

We're not sharing a room. A week after he told me he didn't love me anymore, he had a bed delivered to set up downstairs. At that time, I was still begging him to work on our marriage. But now, he's trying to twist it around saying I agreed to sleep down there too. Which is insane, because his brother is always lurking around the house. 
  • I’m having trouble focusing at work. I have work to do. It’s important and I just can’t get myself motivated to do it. I’m listening to a call that I’d normally be pretty interested in, but here I am instead of paying attention. 

Someone tell me I’m not the only one that’s finding it hard to focus on things??
    You are definitely not alone. My focus, especially on the routine things is pretty bad. 
  • @missJeanLouise @CharmedPam I get Botox and I love it. I am so sad my appointment has been moved (for the fourth time) to the end of June. It definitely makes a huge difference. I’m also using it as a preventative for wrinkles. I get my forehead, bunny lines, crow’s feet and jaw done. The jaw is for the insane clenching of my teeth I do at night. I’m probably missing that the most right now. I wake up with such a sore jaw. 

The crow’s feet is my next favorite. Keep in mind that there has to be balance with Botox so just getting it in one spot might not work since there are a bunch of muscles that work together on the face. So just stopping one spot won’t stop/decrease the movement in that area. And I don’t “freeze” my face. Well, my forehead freezes but tbh it has minimal movement without Botox so it looks pretty business as usual, just with a small brow lift that’s nice. People are always surprised I get Botox and lip filler done because my injector does a good job on making it look natural. 

@climbingwife I’m so sorry you’re going through this. He’s such a piece of shit. 

I’m feeling the hump day for sure. I’m ready for the three day weekend. Tonight I’ve really got to make something with the bell peppers in the fridge before they go bad. I’m debating using a sick day for a three day weekend next month if I’m still here, just so I can have a little break. The one good thing is if I keep my job I’m finally accruing some meaningful vacation. I don’t actually want to use it until we’re going somewhere, but it’s finally enough that we could do a week long trip. 

This is exactly how I feel, you're not alone!  My only call today got canceled and i'm sitting here staring at my computer and coming up blank even though i have lots to do. 

@climbingwife I'm so sorry about your situation.  Definitely thinking of you and hope things get settled soon. 

@ei34 I second Farmacy brand.  I started a more diligent routine with a mix of drugstore and higher end products about a year ago and my skin has never looked better.  I use the honeymoon glow serum a couple times a week at night (after cleanser and toner) and then moisturizer.  Daily am I use cleanser, toner, Farmacy cherry vitamin C serum, and moisturize.  Cleanser I alternate between Aveeno calming foam and Farmacy Clean Bee, toner is a rose witch hazel, moisturizer I alternate between Farmacy Honey Grail oil, Farmacy Honey Drop, Aveeno Positively radiant night cream, and always Aveeno spf moisturizer in the morning.  

Long story short, i love Aveeno and Farmacy brands, and my skin looks way better after using them consistently for a year. 
  • I also like the Biossance line, Drunk Elephant’s Glycolic Night Peel, and Caudalie’s Vineactiv Vitamin C and Fresh’s Lotus Night Cream. Right now I’m trying out The Ordinary’s products to see if they work since they’re so inexpensive. Jury is still out on those. 

• @banana468 I am so sorry about your dad. I hope he is able to come home soon. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2020
    @climbingwife I'm glad you have a divorce attorney.  Divorce attorneys and their staff make their stuff look easy, but it's actually a pretty complicated paperwork process.  I'm also laughing and shaking my head, b/c I'm waiting for the "that dumbass real estate attorney is wasting my time and patience" that I feel like you'll end up hearing from your attorney.  If you ever need to vent about divorce, feel free to PM me.

I'm going to google this Farmacy brand now.  I'm so cautious with products b/c of my skin type and I hate change.  But moisturizers are always a struggle because they can interact with oily skin and I get terrible acne.  That Clinique jelly is the first thing to make me happy in years and I DON'T like the gel version of it at all.

Also, I love honey brightening masks.  For some reason they were super popular for a bit and easy to find.  Every time I used one, I got compliments on my skin for a few days after.  Now, they're not as popular and I'm always looking for one.  If I find one, I tend to buy all of the stock I can.

And I use Clinique Firming eye cream for my crows feet.  I really don't have any at all...unless I stop using the cream and then they creep in.  :D
  • @banana468 I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he's on the mend soon. 
  • @VarunaTT I feel like I can already see that coming from my attorney..lol. Thank you! <3 
  • levioosa said:

The crow’s feet is my next favorite. Keep in mind that there has to be balance with Botox so just getting it in one spot might not work since there are a bunch of muscles that work together on the face. So just stopping one spot won’t stop/decrease the movement in that area. And I don’t “freeze” my face. Well, my forehead freezes but tbh it has minimal movement without Botox so it looks pretty business as usual, just with a small brow lift that’s nice. People are always surprised I get Botox and lip filler done because my injector does a good job on making it look natural. 
    This is why I’m going to look for a new guy. I told him one syringe wasnt doing it and maybe I needed double and he up sold me on fillers instead (which is 10x the price) of what you said - inject in multiple spots. 

I have some masks/cleansers coming from dr. Brandt which I heard was pretty good. Other than that I switch so much to stay loyal to one brand. 

• @banana468 I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he's on the mend soon. 
    Thank you!   I am sorry about what you're going through with your STBXH.   
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thank you for the recs everyone!  I have my research cut out for me. 
    Sending healing vibes to your dad @banana468 and ugh @climbingwife sorry about all you're going through right now with FF...it must be so hard being stuck home with him.
  • Thank you, everyone with the Farmacy recs.  I realized I had actually looked at their products before b/c they have a lot of honey products for brightening skin.  So I took the plunge and bought their sampler "Beehive" thing.