Destination Weddings Discussions

Eloping in Italy

Hello!

We are going to cancel our DFW wedding in November and are thinking of eloping in Italy some time next year - maybe Spring. Open to location, thinking Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, Tuscany, etc. would all be great. I searched the forums but didn't see any recent activity.

Anyone recently have a wedding, or are actively planning a wedding in Italy - could you recommend a venue or planner?

Anyone have any idea how things are in Italy, and if it seems like a Spring 2021 wedding would be doable?

Re: Eloping in Italy

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Italy is slowly re-opening...I don't know how they'll look next spring but they have been inching towards reopening.  All three of those areas are gorgeous in the spring, but I think if I had to pick I'd go with the Amalfi Coast.  Although I know for a fact that a lot of the hotels in the Tuscan region/Florence have incredibly helpful concierges who most likely would be helpful regarding event planning. 
    Italy is a nice place for Americans to get married because you don't have to officially be an Italian citizen.  There is a fair amount of paperwork, some of which would be completed here at the nearest Italian consulate, and more being completed at the American consulate once you get to Italy.  But you don't have to be an Italian citizen.
    Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :)