Wedding Woes
Options

Coronavirus concerns

So we made the decision to down size our wedding. 
We hadn't sent our invites yets, but we had sent save the dates.
So today I mailed letters to out guests that we will no longer be able to invite explaining the situation.
It sucked.
getting married 9/19/2020
our venue is currently closed, unsure of when they are opening and what restrictions will be. So we are now doing something small incase we need to put it in my parents backyard.

We just want everyone to be safe, but man what a bummer this is.

Just venting.
Don't know how late I can order invites... we don't even know where we are getting married now. ughhhhhhh

Re: Coronavirus concerns

• Options
    So we made the decision to down size our wedding. 
    We hadn't sent our invites yets, but we had sent save the dates.
    So today I mailed letters to out guests that we will no longer be able to invite explaining the situation.
    It sucked.
    getting married 9/19/2020
    our venue is currently closed, unsure of when they are opening and what restrictions will be. So we are now doing something small incase we need to put it in my parents backyard.

We just want everyone to be safe, but man what a bummer this is.

Just venting.
    Don't know how late I can order invites... we don't even know where we are getting married now. ughhhhhhh
    Oh no. You shouldn’t have done that. It would have been best to cancel the current wedding and then create a separate smaller event. You never tell people they aren’t invited to something. 

• Options
    FWIW - I think people will understand.  Here gatherings have been limited to 20 at this point and the Governor is still on a power trip so anyone's guess when that'll change.  Etiquette rules are in a flux right now because let's face it, if you got a STD (which for years now we've been saying on here "don't send them to anyone other than absolute VIP's that you would invite if stuff hit the fan and were limited to your own dining room...or the Covid restrictions now that it's a real situation), I'd say I'd appreciate a "we know you had planned to attend our wedding, but our state/venue is limiting our guests..."  I'd rather know for certain than be sitting there thinking "was that the invite or???"..

Yes OP - this sucks to not have things happening as planned!!!