Wedding Woes

Sunny Tuesday

We're in a very nice-weather streak here, it's been a treat.  Very SSDD vibes over here, how's everyone else?

Re: Sunny Tuesday

• Good weather all week.  Then rain for the weekend.  Thanks! 
    SSDD here too.  I canceled my EveryPlate meal kit deliveries. I started to use them again when this whole stay at home order came into effect and chicken was so hard to find in the stores. I basically live off of chicken. But I don’t think that’s a problem anymore, right?  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

• I'm loving this weather.  It can stay like this all summer (with, of course, at least one day of rain a week because we need it).  I'm hand-tilling my entire front lawn with a shovel, so the fact that it hasn't been too hot has been great for that kind of work.  I'm a third of the way done, though I had help with that third, so the next sections are going to be a little difficult.  

• SSDD but add BabyKitten slept horrible last night :( She tends to get off kilter with teeth, so we're wondering about her molars. Unsure, but think I saw something yesterday?

I'll know more soon, but apparently might be going into office part time soon.

Set up grocery pick up for Friday after work since this weekend is likely gonna be busy. Sunday my mum is coming over while M goes kayaking.
    Saturday we may hit up splash pad or something. We're planning out a drawer organization and stuffies organizer that M is going to build.
  • @CharmedPam I haven't had any issues finding meat any longer, but I usually have to go into the store to get it. If I try and get ground beef with my Walmart pickup, it's always out of stock so I have to go to Wegmans. Chicken has been MUCH easier to find. The only things I'm still struggling to find are all purpose cleaner, disinfectant wipes, and hand soap.

SSDD over here. I have no motivation to work despite having all sorts of projects I should be working on. I'm finding myself getting more and more disinterested and unmotivated and I'm not sure if it's an effect of WFH or from the anti-anxiety medication I'm on. Either way, I've got to find a way to step it up.
  • @CharmedPam, I hope and assume it's fine to get chicken now for you.  However, I didn't experience problems getting chicken or beef so I can't really compare.  Though other things I had trouble with...hand sanitizer, TP, paper towels, canned soup...seem to be more plentiful now.

Our neighbors gave us a Keurig.  They had ordered it because we had talked so much about how much we love ours.  But then, they didn't like the size as compared to their counter.  They didn't want to bother sending it back, so they gave it to us.  For the last two years of Black Fridays, I've been debating buying another Keurig to bring to work.  I don't know why I didn't.  But procrastination has paid off for once and now I'm glad I never bought one, lol.  

I brought it in to work and set it up yesterday.  It's glorious!  Better coffee of my choosing.  And, almost as good, I don't have to make a new effing pot of coffee EVERY time I want a cup.  Because I'm obviously only one of a handful of people at the office who isn't a coffee jerk.  That's right, Office.  You don't have @short+sassy to kick around anymore!  Brew your own coffee.  Hahahaha.      
    Same here with the soup and hand sanitizer.  Chicken didn't seem to be an issue where I am - I don't know how different Canada's supply of chicken is.  I even had no trouble finding chicken hearts during this whole pandemic!  Usually they can be a little difficult, but they were always available.  I use them in my homemade dog food recipe.  

• Ugh TP is still hard to find?  I do have one more pk of 6 rolls but I guess I should start to find another pack now. And yes on Clorox wipes! I can’t find them on any order. I may have to wait till my July Melaleuca order since those still seem to be in stock.

I couldn't get chicken (Fresh or frozen), or oddly Enough skippy all natural peanut butter when I was actually entering stores in March. I usually put a Walmart order in 1x a week.  Anything that is out of stock, I can usually get it same day at my jewel curbside. No reason to leave my car!

• @CharmedPam I haven't had any issues finding meat any longer, but I usually have to go into the store to get it. If I try and get ground beef with my Walmart pickup, it's always out of stock so I have to go to Wegmans. Chicken has been MUCH easier to find. The only things I'm still struggling to find are all purpose cleaner, disinfectant wipes, and hand soap.

SSDD over here. I have no motivation to work despite having all sorts of projects I should be working on. I'm finding myself getting more and more disinterested and unmotivated and I'm not sure if it's an effect of WFH or from the anti-anxiety medication I'm on. Either way, I've got to find a way to step it up.
    We’re having the same thing here. I was able to order off of Amazon after H was worried we wouldn’t be able to find any when the baby came (yah know, in August). 

I’m also a fan of the cooler weather, especially since it’s sunny as well! I’d be happy if it was mid-60s all summer. I’m too big for any warmer weather. 

Super tired today and probably trying to sneak in a nap at lunch. We got a new AC and H installed it last night. It’s powerful but super loud. The good part about still WFH is napping in my own bed. 
  • @charlotte989875 The one perk about having the baby right before the pandemic was the fact that we were LOADED up on hand sanitizer, hand soap and disinfectant wipes. Otherwise we would've been screwed. I still can't find any disinfectant wipes or cleaner that will ship to my area, but was able to get a giant thing of hand soap from Amazon. 

@CharmedPam for TP and paper towels, I can only get them if I actually go into the store. Those are the other things that never come up available for my Walmart pick up, but Wegmans always has them in stock if I physically go in. I refuse to do Instacart pick up (can't get delivery where I live) even though they'd be able to get them for me from Wegmans because of the up-charge. 
  • @charlotte989875 The one perk about having the baby right before the pandemic was the fact that we were LOADED up on hand sanitizer, hand soap and disinfectant wipes. Otherwise we would've been screwed. I still can't find any disinfectant wipes or cleaner that will ship to my area, but was able to get a giant thing of hand soap from Amazon. 

@CharmedPam for TP and paper towels, I can only get them if I actually go into the store. Those are the other things that never come up available for my Walmart pick up, but Wegmans always has them in stock if I physically go in. I refuse to do Instacart pick up (can't get delivery where I live) even though they'd be able to get them for me from Wegmans because of the up-charge. 
    We were lucky we got wipes right at the start of the pandemic here (I was home but H was still in the office) and I actually ordered hand soap from Bath & Body works. Trying to stock up now is tough! 
  • Loving the weather this Tuesday, too. It's been mid-70s yesterday and today. This is unseasonably cool for us, we're normally in the 90s by now. It's just awesome. H took the pup for a run this morning while I went to the gym, but I think we need to take her to the park after work today anyway. It's going to be back up to 90 by the weekend, so we need to enjoy it while we can. I too would be thrilled to have a cool summer, but I don't think that's a possibility here. 

I've been able to get TP (Charmin, the good stuff) off Amazon, but also saw it at Costco last week. Meat is also back in stock everywhere, although prices have gone up. The only thing here that's still a struggle is hand soap. I do my regular shopping at publix; they have the regular kind, but anti-bacterial has been out for a while. If they don't have this weekend, I'm going to have to start looking for alternatives. 
  • We still have some problems finding certain cleaning products, but most other things are fine.  But I don't utilize curbside pickup, I still do all my shopping in store.  I prefer that, even with COVID.

DD had a great day at daycare yesterday and soooooo happy upon pick up!  We then took her for ice cream and she was even more excited!  When I first saw her this morning, she asked very cutely - am I going back to school today?  I said yes and she laughed and ran to get dressed.  H took her alone and he reported she was giggling all the way in this morning!

SIL and I have made a plan for Father's Day meals, she hopes to be moving, but I'm being more realistic than optimistic and think they will still all be staying with us.  She did say that she doesn't usually get a gift for brother, just cards.  And I overbought for H (whoops!), so I think we will give H his gifts when we wake him up in the morning n bed.
  • Very hot outside. Nice, sunny day today. I feel burned out though from work and other things in my personal life. Nothing bad, just overextended.
  • Day 2 of quarantine is going to involve a lot of cleaning, organizing, and working out. I’m going to use this time to be productive while I have it. I’m trying to decide how aggressive to be with getting rid of clothes. Because on one hand I’m in a “throw it all away! You haven’t worn any of this!” But then I have to remind myself that literally all I’ve worn for like four months now is alternating between scrubs, pjs, and workout clothes so it isn’t fair. I’ll eventually need real clothes. 

Finding good quality TP or Lysol/wipes here is still impossible. Luckily I had bought some before this all began but we’re definitely running low. 

*hugs* at @climbingwife. Hopefully everything moves through the courts quickly. 

That’s so funny about the Keurig @short+sassy

• Weather has been great here but it turning more humid and hot.  So the AC went on last night.  

I'm still not able to buy Lysol/Wipes.  I had been stocked up so I still have some.  Been able to find TP regularly.  Laundry detergent was unavailable at first but has since been re-stocked.  Chicken and hamburger were not readily available for awhile.  Now they are but prices, especially for burger, is really high.  

We are cooking out with my brother, mom and family on Sunday for Father's Day.  Will be first time we've been together since February.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Hey all, haven't been around a ton. I was supposed to be on PTO last week (well working some) and I was but then a kid tested positive in daycare and so did a teacher so have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Going OK so far, luckily I worked while on PTO so I was caught up on some stuff but have had a bunch of meetings. Baby B is extra grumpy today - I think he's finally realizing something is off although he hasn't asked about going back to school yet. Plus he woke up MOTN crying - he fell back asleep but it took me 2 more hours. Ugh. 
  • Damnit. Our Yosemite trip got canceled. I’m so sad. 

• levioosa said:
    Damnit. Our Yosemite trip got canceled. I’m so sad. 
    So sorry!