So just like many of the posts here we had to postpone our wedding on April 4 when we were just three weeks away. At the time, we had no idea this would be such a long lasting thing and had pushed it to August 30. At this point it seems pretty clear that August 30 is not going to be a possibility for a 150 person wedding so our venue offered us January 2nd.
So now my concern is that that still isn’t far enough out. I don’t want to keep postponing and getting farther and farther away when we were so close to our wedding but I am also concerned that in January there still might be social distancing, capacity restrictions, and mandatory masks.
I know that no one can predict the future so we just need to wait and see but 60% of our guest list is from out of town, including FI’s entire family so we have to give a lot of notice so they can book flights and make work arrangements.
Of course the safety and health of our friends and family are most important to us, which is why we keep moving it farther out, but my heart also hurts with the idea of all my wedding photos having everyone’s faces covered with masks, the possibility of not being able to dance because of social distancing. My family just keeps saying it’ll be what it’ll be and that it will still be lovely but that hurts because it just doesn’t feel like it will be.
So I guess my real question is: what would you do? See if there is a date even farther away? Or just stick with January and be flexible about whatever restrictions are still in place?
Thanks for the rant. It’s been weighing on me.