New York-Long Island

HELP! We want to get married!!!!

Hey ladies! I'm stuck in a bit of a jam! My fiance is from jersey and I'm from long island and we were looking to have an Indian wedding. We decided on having in on long island which I'm not too sure was the best idea. We went venue hunting and haven't been very successful. We are open to jersey venues (since this big let down) but I'm still hoping I'll find something on l.i. because I'd love to stay close to home since we are having multiple events preceeding the wedding, some of which will be in n.j. We've looked at Chateau Briance, The Bourne Mansion, Uniondale Marriott, Hilton in Melville, Woodlands, & Carlyle on the Green.We are inviting about 300 guests and a lot of the issues I'm encountering deal with a lack of SPACE. :( Any suggestions or advice? Any other indian brides out there?! I also need a place that allows for off site catering (we are aiming for a Saturday wedding). We would like to have traditional indian food. PLEASE HELP! :(

Re: HELP! We want to get married!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at hotels?  Marriot, Hyatt, etc.?  I have no idea if they allow off-site catering, but they may have the bigger space you are looking for.  Also consider non-wedding spaces, like photography/video studios, vineyards, etc.  They may have more space.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know that the restaurant "Akbar" by the Roosevelt field mall in Garden City does weddings.  Its a beautiful place and although I am not indian, it is the best indian food i've ever had.  Take a drive there!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Crest Hollow Country Club - they fit 300 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the number but I went to an Indian wedding at the HIstoric Thatched Cottage.  It's very nice and they had (probably catered from the outside) Indian food.  It's a pretty big place, they do proms and such there too.
  • edited December 2011
    What about a loft space and bring in your own caterer. You can decide where you want to splurge and save in other areas. You can get traditional indian food while still fitting 300 people. 
  • jaxthomasjaxthomas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you see the East Wind in Wading River. They hold Indian Weddings there and can fit up to 500 people
  • edited December 2011
    Oheka Castle is GORGEOUS!! I would definitely suggest looking there. Also Fox Hollow Country club/Crest Hollow Country Club is really nice.
  • edited December 2011

I just attended a wedding in babylon.

The Venetian Yacht club.

food  excellent   space  amazing ...

I would  check them out .

• edited December 2011
    Here are some venue options:

Jericho Terrace
    The Inn at New Hyde Park
    The Garden City Hotel
    East Wind Caterers, Inn and Spa
    Westbury Manor

A couple of the vendors are going to be present at this upcoming bridal show I'm attending in NYC. Here's the email I got with the info

Don’t Miss the Bridal Event of the Year

The Wedding Salon

Monday, November 14th, 4– 8 PM

311 West 34th Street, NYC

Meet Celebrity Event Planner Colin Cowie

Cake Tastings by Carlo’s Bakery of Cake Boss

Fantasy Table Décor by David Tutera for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings

Couture Fashion Show by Jenny Yoo

Enter to win Magical Honeymoon Giveaways!

Fashion Show, Beauty Makeovers, Cocktails,

Cake Tastings, Truffles, Cake Pops & Fabulous Goodie Bags

For $15 complimentary tickets ($50 Value, Admits 2), use code BCBC

at www.WeddingSalon.com">www.WeddingSalon.com Call 212.631.7777 or email Sarah@WeddingSalon.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards