Destination Weddings Discussions

Change the Date Postponement advice

My fiance and I planned to be married this October in France (as my fiance is a French native), but due to the current situation and uncertainty we have made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding. We contacted our venue and vendors (in France) and unfortunately there is not many options remaining for 2021, so we may need to consider Spring 2022.

We need to let our guests know that we are postponing, so we plan to send a "change the date" or "postponement" card within the next month. If we are able to obtain a new date for next year, 2021, we think it's okay to include this on the change the date card. However, if we have to postpone until 2022, do you think we should send a postponement card informing guests of the postponement with date to follow ? 
Since we have to send these within this next month, we thought it might be odd to include a date for 2022. 

Thoughts ?

Re: Change the Date Postponement advice

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    sebnadi said:
    My fiance and I planned to be married this October in France (as my fiance is a French native), but due to the current situation and uncertainty we have made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding. We contacted our venue and vendors (in France) and unfortunately there is not many options remaining for 2021, so we may need to consider Spring 2022.

We need to let our guests know that we are postponing, so we plan to send a "change the date" or "postponement" card within the next month. If we are able to obtain a new date for next year, 2021, we think it's okay to include this on the change the date card. However, if we have to postpone until 2022, do you think we should send a postponement card informing guests of the postponement with date to follow ? 
    Since we have to send these within this next month, we thought it might be odd to include a date for 2022. 

Thoughts ?

I'm sorry your plans had to change.  I would use individual correspondence to address each issue.  Send a simple card notifying guests that the wedding of You and FI has been postponed.  As easy as it is to think your lives, the world, and your plans will remain the same or similar, I don't think it's a stretch to say we really have no idea what to expect in the next several months, to say the least.  It is possible that the wedding you currently envision may change drastically in the ucoming months, along with the guests you currently intend to invite.  I would wait until you have a firm idea of what you want moving forward, and send new cards with a new date separately.