Wedding Woes
Options

Thinking it is THURSDAY

Good morning! I think it's Thursday, last night was hazy thanks to a MOTN toddler tantrum so I'm running on fumes.

Re: Thinking it is THURSDAY

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    It is THURSDAY!  I've already been looking over Prudie and there's some doozies.  

Winery-hopping was so fun with my dad and sisters.  I brought home 5 bottles.  Hee. We had a good time all being together, laughing and talking about nothing.  The last winery we went to had goats!!  

Image may contain tree outdoor and nature

We have scouts graduation tonight, finally, as long as the weather cooperates.  We all have to wear masks and socially distance.  I'm sure the boys will be wild AF after months of not seeing each other.  I can't wait to see our peeps.  
    That’s the happiest goat alive. 

Glad you all had a nice day yesterday. It must have been hard but sounds like you made the most of it!
  • Options
    It's so hard to keep track of the days. 

It looks like it's going to rain AGAIN this Friday and I'm so mad. One of the towns here does a summer streets thing and I think it's going to be postponed yet again. 

SSDD. At the office today. Don't feel like working. Bleh. 
  • Options
    Definitely Thursday. I got paid today ;)

BabyKitten spent Monday - Wednesday during the day at MIL and SFIL, today and Friday/Saturday she's with my mum.

We're very hopeful with potty training. She's been telling people when she needs a bum change {then running away lmao!} so maybe she'll catch on easier :)

We got our new stove and we absolutely have to do our kitchen a.s.a.p! It's a dark stove and our other plans for the kitchen need to happen soon since it makes the kitchen look dark a.f
    If we were staying in our house longer, I would change the sink.
  • Options
    H is out of the house for work almost all day today so I'm essentially off today other than naptime.  Hopefully nothing pressing comes up.  

I had a really good chat with my 2 best friends from grad school last night - I definitely needed it!! (the 3 beers, not so much)  

Excited for Prudie!
  • Options
    I picked up take out and went over to a friend's house to visit last night.  K is already out of their boards test, so I guess now we just wait.  I'm also wearing a mask when I walk around the office.  No one has said anything yet and there's at least 2 other people I've seen doing the same.  There's no official email or policy out yet, b/c why the hell would we expect that?!

Otherwise, SSDD.  My buddy has cats, who generally want to rub all over me for about 10 minutes and then leave me alone.  However, they haven't seen me for about a month this time and they were all over me for an hour.  I'm suffering some serious allergy symptoms today and it's not pleasant.
  • Options
    Bracing myself for another crazy two days at work. My manager won’t be here tomorrow so everything will be on me. I am just so tired of life  revolving around covid. I can’t even imagine how my friends in the hospital feel. 

Otherwise I did a good workout yesterday and went to bed early. I have a little bit of a zzquil hangover today but I’m glad I passed out too. Another two hours of sleep would have been fantastic though. Only two more days until the weekend! 

• Options
    Goats & wine. What else more do you need? Maybe yoga.  Goat yoga & wine. My nieces did the goat yoga the other day and they thought it was the best. They are for real animal lovers though.

Tonight I’m back at my weight loss club (weight watchers but cheaper) since March 12th!  There’s only 7’of us in the group, and we’re staying outside, sitting apart and will be wearing masks. Looking forward to the socialization but not the scale.  Lol

btw, I did recently by a smart scale.  The Renpho. All categories were in the green (good range) like muscle, fat %, bone mass, density etc. but my weight in numbers, BMI (which correlates with weight) and visceral fat was a tad high.  I’m so close to bringing that down.  So it’s so funny to me that I’m healthy, physically, but my high weight. 
    Anyway, this will be a lifelong struggle. 
    I do like goats!  They're social creatures anyway, so they're usually really friendly.

Then again, my 8 lb. kitten annoys me when she climbs on me and sits on me at 5AM, lol.  But I think that's definitely more the ungodly hour, lol.

One of my "dreams" is to someday have two pygmy goats.  Their cuteness level, even fully grown they still look like babies, is off the charts.  But I fear I may never have the right lifestyle and/or property for that to be a responsible decision.  In fact, that's why I specify "two".  I've already looked into it and, because they're social animals, it's hard for them to be alone.  For space requirements, my current yard would barely be enough for one.  So it remains a future "maybe". 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The weather has been really random here this week.  It's sunny one minute.  And storming hard with thunder/lightening the next.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I think we're closing in on tenants who will be moving in at the end of the month.  Their references are done.  Their background checks are done (which they pay for).  I'm just waiting for the holding/security deposit, which I'm assuming/hoping I'll get today because we have already talked about it and I sent them the instructions to pay it online (their preference).  I don't require first month's rent until move-in day.

My poor rental unit that the bad tenant's moved out of has had to be on the back burner to fix it.  Oh well.  I hope we can get started on it next week.  We do have "built in" labor for it, which is such a relief.  It's a duplex and the guy who lives in the other unit has already been working with my H on the other ones.  He's capable of doing most of the work we need.  We're excited to have someone we can rely on to get it done.  He's excited to literally walk next door for work instead of the hour-long bus ride to our other properties, lol.  Can't blame him there!  Win-win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's GORGEOUS today but also not too hot.   Tonight we may try to see the comet with the kiddos and then tomorrow I FINALLY have a hair appointment. 

The weekend is looking to be hot and humid and one of the days I want to see my parents.   The other day I think needs to involve water.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2020
    OMG we just had our meeting on the masking ordinance.  IDK why this is so damn hard.  HIPPA does not apply to this matter, and (in very simplistic terms) ADA requires a reasonable accommodation.  Accommodation -- you get your shit in the mail.  And apparently someone was in there refusing to use their mask to cover their nose.

ETA:  y'all., THE OWNER has gone to have a covid test.  He was in here on Monday, not feeling good, not masked.  Tests are still being reviewed.

I hate this place right now.  So much hate.
  • Options
    is anyone following the Prudie drama on Twitter? Daniel Lavery has accused his brother of being a pedophile and his father of knowing this, conducting a sham investigation into it, and continuing to allow his other son access to children at the church where he is a pastor. So sad. 
  • Options
    is anyone following the Prudie drama on Twitter? Daniel Lavery has accused his brother of being a pedophile and his father of knowing this, conducting a sham investigation into it, and continuing to allow his other son access to children at the church where he is a pastor. So sad. 
    No, but holy shit.  I will go look for it after I go to lunch.  Wow. 
  • Options
    That shit is bananas. I haven't read the whole thing yet but Damn!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    VarunaTT said:
    OMG we just had our meeting on the masking ordinance.  IDK why this is so damn hard.  HIPPA does not apply to this matter, and (in very simplistic terms) ADA requires a reasonable accommodation.  Accommodation -- you get your shit in the mail.  And apparently someone was in there refusing to use their mask to cover their nose.

ETA:  y'all., THE OWNER has gone to have a covid test.  He was in here on Monday, not feeling good, not masked.  Tests are still being reviewed.

professionally speaking I want to know how someone tried to argue HIPAA applied
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    VarunaTT said:

professionally speaking I want to know how someone tried to argue HIPAA applied
    same.  I don't understand how someone could think that would be even sort of related. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

Someone in your workplace is arguing this?  OMG. 

I also agree in how this applies anywhere.   Also, if you're capable of yelling about mask ordinances then I call bullshit about any disability that allows you to have a lengthy, petulant, screaming fit but also says you are incapable of wearing a mask.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    VarunaTT said:

Someone in your workplace is arguing this?  OMG. 

I also agree in how this applies anywhere.   Also, if you're capable of yelling about mask ordinances then I call bullshit about any disability that allows you to have a lengthy, petulant, screaming fit but also says you are incapable of wearing a mask.  
    Masks are mandated now in my state when out in public for anyone over the age of 8.  There is even verbiage about the small percentage of the population who cannot wear a mask...and I think it literally uses the phrase "small percentage"...can wear a face shield instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love goats! I saw a company advertised on my Next Door where they'll bring over a couple of goats for a couple of days, and the goat will clear out your ivy or whatever other overgrowth is a problem. If I ever landscape my front yard, that seems like the best way to get rid of the existing ivy. 

Nothing new here. I'm just tired and ready for the weekend. 
  • Options
    I nearly lost my shit when the HIPPA thing came out of someone's mouth.  The someone was not an attorney or a paralegal, at least, but I'm quite sure there's some rando para who hasn't been trained on HIPPA properly.  I just muttered, "We're not a medical provider" in their general direction and went on with my life.

I hate how aggressive I'm starting to behave/feel about all of this, but I'm walking through all of our public areas masked b/c I might not like all of my coworkers but I respect them and their right to life.  It's quite clear they don't feel the same for whatever bullshit reason.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I nearly lost my shit when the HIPPA thing came out of someone's mouth.  The someone was not an attorney or a paralegal, at least, but I'm quite sure there's some rando para who hasn't been trained on HIPPA properly.  I just muttered, "We're not a medical provider" in their general direction and went on with my life.

I hate how aggressive I'm starting to behave/feel about all of this, but I'm walking through all of our public areas masked b/c I might not like all of my coworkers but I respect them and their right to life.  It's quite clear they don't feel the same for whatever bullshit reason.
    There's a touch of that here too.

The back and forth on schools and listening to some parents is...frustrating.   
  • Options
    I love goats! I saw a company advertised on my Next Door where they'll bring over a couple of goats for a couple of days, and the goat will clear out your ivy or whatever other overgrowth is a problem. If I ever landscape my front yard, that seems like the best way to get rid of the existing ivy. 

Nothing new here. I'm just tired and ready for the weekend.
    My H grew up in the farmlands of OR and people renting out their goats for this kind of thing was common.

I told my H maybe we should rent a goat on occasion instead of mowing the lawn...and to play with.  He side-eyed me and said that was fine if I was okay with having no grass and no garden left, when it was done.  Okay (sad face), lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Just getting in from my first day working physically in school with students and it. was. amazing.  It was subbing in the Life Skills class (my school's program for low- to-moderate function students with autism...all members of the Special Ed dept are automatically on call to sub).  The students are non-verbal but they were all very clearly expressing how happy they were to be in school and not tethered by their parents to our Mon-Wed-Fri group web class that we did through the spring.  Special Ed students being in person full-time is a priority this fall in my district, I hope it is in every other district too, the students really need it.

@mrsconn23 the wineries (and goat visit) sound like a nice way to have spent yesterday