Wedding Woes

Don't have a wedding against CDC protocols!

Re: Don't have a wedding against CDC protocols!

  • MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited July 2020
    I hope none of the 8 guests who tested positive were Grandma Ethel or Great-Uncle Ed.  So selfish of the couple and their parents.
    image
    short+sassy
  • We had a couple in my state show up at Walmart wearing swastikas on their masks.  This was on the first day of our state-wide masking mandate.  Ugh 
    image
  • So selfish. And the church knew about it! 

    “I had said to them they had to comply with the minimum number for the service and when they showed up with more people, they agreed with sending them away,” he said.

    Yeah, after the city showed up. 

    These people should all be in jail. You don't get in the car/on an airplane in Arizona thinking this is ok. 
    MNNEBrideei34
  • banana468 said:
    Yeah, and in other news, people in the Hamptons hired The Chainsmokers to do a socially distanced concert that wasn't socially distant.  

    I'm really glad that this is turning into "I follow CDC guidance as long as it doesn't get in the way of my good time." 


    I just read this article this morning; seriously how irresponsible can people be! The town mayor (or whatever the equivalent in the Hamptons) was there too and was an opening act. 

    I get it, we’re collectively tired of the virus but seriously the longer people go on like this the longer there will need to be restrictions. 
    MNNEBrideei34
  • banana468 said:
    Yeah, and in other news, people in the Hamptons hired The Chainsmokers to do a socially distanced concert that wasn't socially distant.  

    I'm really glad that this is turning into "I follow CDC guidance as long as it doesn't get in the way of my good time." 


    I just read this article this morning; seriously how irresponsible can people be! The town mayor (or whatever the equivalent in the Hamptons) was there too and was an opening act. 

    I get it, we’re collectively tired of the virus but seriously the longer people go on like this the longer there will need to be restrictions. 
    My boss posted something about "living in fear," and DH was like, "I could not be less scared of coronavirus. I just want to whip it so people don't die unnecessarily and we can all go back to normal sooner."
    ILoveBeachMusicmrsconn23ei34
  • My cousin is having a huge black tie wedding on NYE. I don’t want to go and I think it’s a dumb idea to continue forcing it along. FSIL’s bff is having a gender reveal in the park in two weeks and has invited 70 people. I don’t understand how people are so dumb and selfish. 


    image
    short+sassyei34
  • We already have a STD for a wedding in May and I'm on the fence about it.

    I know we'll need to travel out of state for a funeral next month and I have to hope that those in charge are keeping it to closest family.   I haven't asked yet and feel bad having to do it but do not want to expose us or our kids. 
  • banana468 said:
    Yeah, and in other news, people in the Hamptons hired The Chainsmokers to do a socially distanced concert that wasn't socially distant.  

    I'm really glad that this is turning into "I follow CDC guidance as long as it doesn't get in the way of my good time." 


    I just read this article this morning; seriously how irresponsible can people be! The town mayor (or whatever the equivalent in the Hamptons) was there too and was an opening act. 

    I get it, we’re collectively tired of the virus but seriously the longer people go on like this the longer there will need to be restrictions. 
    My boss posted something about "living in fear," and DH was like, "I could not be less scared of coronavirus. I just want to whip it so people don't die unnecessarily and we can all go back to normal sooner."
    My thoughts exactly!
  • banana468 said:
    Yeah, and in other news, people in the Hamptons hired The Chainsmokers to do a socially distanced concert that wasn't socially distant.  

    I'm really glad that this is turning into "I follow CDC guidance as long as it doesn't get in the way of my good time." 


    I just read this article this morning; seriously how irresponsible can people be! The town mayor (or whatever the equivalent in the Hamptons) was there too and was an opening act. 

    I get it, we’re collectively tired of the virus but seriously the longer people go on like this the longer there will need to be restrictions. 
    THE OPENING ACT WAS SOME GOLDMAN SACHS OR LEHMAN BROS GUY WHO HAS A SECOND CAREER AS A WHITE RAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    (If that's not 2020, I'm not sure what is...holy shit)

    VarunaTTcharlotte989875
  • I was sitting at my daughter's last night and noticed that on the street that runs behind/parallel to their street there was some kind of party going on. SIL looked from an upstairs window and said it looked like a kid's bday party. None of the adults I saw were wearing masks and were no where near socially distancing. It looked like a big event - some kind of rented lit up thing for kids to play. Seriously, Chicago is banning travel from other states and these people can't wear a mask, limit numbers and socially distance!
  • My boss posted something about "living in fear," and DH was like, "I could not be less scared of coronavirus. I just want to whip it so people don't die unnecessarily and we can all go back to normal sooner."
    Before we forget what normal was! Actually, I’m already kinda forgetting....

    mrsconn23short+sassy
  • VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

    Anyway, fuck these people. But also, fuck our government for being the absolute worst and leading us unwillingly into a death cult. 
    Honestly, I think this is where my nihilism and issues are coming in.  I've been a leader in the public eye; you lead by example.  And any leader, on all levels, in my life is not setting any sort of example for anything in life but especially dealing with this and it's seriously messing with me.  I'm also struggling with powerful negative emotions.  Such as, I hate our governor.  I HATE him b/c he's just fine with kids going to school and exposing themselves, their families, school employees, it's all just okay, y'all will get through it just fine and if you don't, fuck you.  In the meantime MO continues to break records and everyone seems to forget that death is not the worst thing covid-19 has to hand all of us.

    Whew.  Rant over for now.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!

    Even if you don't die from COVID, it can FUCK YOU UP.  People are losing fingers, toes, limbs, developing all sorts of other syndromes and having all kinds of long-term, life-altering affects from getting infected.  These people who keep harping on the death rate make me stabby (but not to kill, just alter them forever and see how they feel about stabbings. j/k...maybe).
    VarunaTTshort+sassycharlotte989875levioosa
  • mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:

    Anyway, fuck these people. But also, fuck our government for being the absolute worst and leading us unwillingly into a death cult. 
    Honestly, I think this is where my nihilism and issues are coming in.  I've been a leader in the public eye; you lead by example.  And any leader, on all levels, in my life is not setting any sort of example for anything in life but especially dealing with this and it's seriously messing with me.  I'm also struggling with powerful negative emotions.  Such as, I hate our governor.  I HATE him b/c he's just fine with kids going to school and exposing themselves, their families, school employees, it's all just okay, y'all will get through it just fine and if you don't, fuck you.  In the meantime MO continues to break records and everyone seems to forget that death is not the worst thing covid-19 has to hand all of us.

    Whew.  Rant over for now.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!

    Even if you don't die from COVID, it can FUCK YOU UP.  People are losing fingers, toes, limbs, developing all sorts of other syndromes and having all kinds of long-term, life-altering affects from getting infected.  These people who keep harping on the death rate make me stabby (but not to kill, just alter them forever and see how they feel about stabbings. j/k...maybe).
    You mean it isn't all fake and the numbers aren't inflated?!? 


    mrsconn23charlotte989875
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2020
    Guests had been told by the father of the bride that they had to enter through the church’s back door on the day of the service “due to concerns with the visibility to the public of the wedding,” 

    I mean... that’s always a good start to any wedding right?  If that was the case, I’d drop my present on the ground and say I left something in my car.

    And then you’d hear my tires squeal away. 
    That really jumped out to me too! If you have to tell people to sneak into a wedding, isn't that sign #1 that maybe it shouldn't be going forward that day? 

    These kinds of stories are just so infuriating. They make those of us who are trying our best to be responsible feel like the burden is ENTIRELY on us to make the situation better - or at least that's how I feel. And that's a big burden.

    As I was reading this, I couldn't help thinking of the many people, including a friend of mine, who have either postponed their weddings or are just having super small, family only events after all the planning they did for a wedding. What made this couple so damn special that they didn't think they had to do the same?
    image
    VarunaTTcharlotte989875levioosashort+sassy
  • MNNEBride said:
    We had a couple in my state show up at Walmart wearing swastikas on their masks.  This was on the first day of our state-wide masking mandate.  Ugh 
    The Walmart or Target (would have to check the post for which one - individual run over was a friend of a friend) near here had a guy run over by a car the first day because the driver didn't read the health exemption in the order and a guy shopped without one on and they were pissed about him not having one on...  It's nuts!
    MNNEBride
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards