Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

My mom went home yesterday so we're juggling baby and work again today.  I have a few meetings this morning so H gets to work during nap time and i take summer hours Friday afternoons so Im free at noon!  House projects is the only thing on the agenda for the weekend.  What is everyone up to?

Re: Finally Friday

• I feel like a 15 year old this morning with my cramps so hey there 40, what are you doing to me?? 

It's swamp like and the weekend forecast is looking to suck.  With the storm coming up the coast I think any plans DH and I had for a dock and dine anniversary dinner are donezo.    Now to figure out what we can do at home. 

I did what I did last year and made a blanket for my niece.  Chiquito said, "You made it so she'll be cozy?"  and I wanted to cry.   I am sending it to BIL and SIL hopefully this afternoon and a second blanket is in the works so they have one to keep.   

• Omg that pizza sounds amazing @VarunaTT. Do you make it or buy it?

TGIF. I’m hoping today goes by quickly because I’m in a mood. Last night FI and I had a spat. I think we mostly worked through it, but the pandemic is definitely getting to us. Along with the rest of the dumpster fire that is the US. It was my dad’s birthday last night so I called him and then surprised him by doordashing a cake to him since we can’t have dinner together right now. I’m sad to be missing so many events. 

Otherwise not too much is happening this weekend. We have to clean the house and tomorrow night we’re planning on having a date night. Six more weeks until vacation. It sounds like a long time right now. 

• Reading in a Zoom Shakespeare play and trying to get a big crack that developed in my bedroom wall fixed. Maintenance already came and "fixed" (read did not fix) that wall, but the crack is still there. Management was supposed to send them back, but they haven't even been in touch with me to set another appointment. 
  • Ahhh, that’s so exciting @charlotte989875! I don’t know why I keep feeling like you’re due a month or two from now. The babe is almost here!

• So exciting @charlotte989875!

@levioosa H and I have had so many more little spats over the last few months and I know it's directly related to quarantine and how much time we're together. We're both cooped up and a little on edge because we can't go and do a lot of the things we enjoy. 

@VarunaTT that dinner sounds delicious!

Weekend full of family for us. My dad is coming down tomorrow morning to see DD, then we'll probably end up at my in-laws house in the afternoon (or I'll send H with the baby and I'll take a few hours to myself). Sunday we're going to my mom's house for a belated birthday celebration for my grandma. 

• Went for a 4 mile walk this morning hoping to get the kid to decide he’s ready to come out. Otherwise we’re probably inducing on Sunday if he’s not here by then. Soaking up our last of our baby free days!
    Several ladies in my mom group swore the Jimmy John's Turkey Tom sent them into labor.  I had pizza and cake the night before I went into labor.  I also went to the initial shopping trip for dresses for my sister's wedding and then walked the mall afterward.  So keep walking that baby out.  

SO EXCITING! No matter what happens, GOOD LUCK!  Sending all the easy-peasy, 'slide right out' baby labor vibes.  
  • levioosa said:
    Ahhh, that’s so exciting @charlotte989875! I don’t know why I keep feeling like you’re due a month or two from now. The babe is almost here!
    In a pandemic all time is meaningless!

But thank you!! So excited!!

Jen4948 said:
    That sound delicious @VarunaTT!!

Went for a 4 mile walk this morning hoping to get the kid to decide he’s ready to come out. Otherwise we’re probably inducing on Sunday if he’s not here by then. Soaking up our last of our baby free days!
    All us Knotties are holding our breaths waiting for your big announcement...Good luck!
    Thanks so much Jen!! I’ll keep everyone posted!
  • If you like eggplant parm I'll send you the labor inducing recipe! 
  • @charlotte989875, so exciting!!!  I feel like I have vicariously been a little on this journey with you, lol.  Time is meaningless.  On the one hand, it feels like it's been forever and you've been pregnant for two years, lol.  But on the other hand, it feels like I can't believe the time is already here and there will (squee) be @charlotte989875 baby news sometime next week.  Sending all the happy thoughts and hopes for a smooth, healthy delivery for baby and momma.

Today is really busy and I'm overwhelmed again.  But the fact that it is Friday and I don't really have anything planned for Sat. and Sun. is perking my spirits.  I probably shouldn't have written that last sentence "out loud", because the way my life is going I'm sure something is going to come up to ruin my two days of leisure at home, lol.  But I remain hopeful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nooooo make it an August baby @charlotte989875, August babies rock! :)
    @VarunaTT that pizza sounds like everything.  I have to know if it’s also store bought, homemade or restaurant purchased. 
    @mrsconn23 My dad picked up 1 ply for me.  Bless his heart, he was just stocking my supply and didn’t know. I only use it when it’s just me.  If someone comes over they get the 2 ply royal treatment.

Today is officemates last day.  She’s moving to another branch so I may still work with her from time to time but we got along great and she brought a certain something into this office.  So boo-urns,  Boo-urns.  Oh, but we do have bacon maple donuts though. 

• I grew up in a Scott house and HATED IT.   I still hate having to poop at my parents' home and use their toilet paper.  

Bidet FTW here! 
  • @charlotte989875, so exciting!!!  I feel like I have vicariously been a little on this journey with you, lol.  Time is meaningless.  On the one hand, it feels like it's been forever and you've been pregnant for two years, lol.  But on the other hand, it feels like I can't believe the time is already here and there will (squee) be @charlotte989875 baby news sometime next week.  Sending all the happy thoughts and hopes for a smooth, healthy delivery for baby and momma.

Today is really busy and I'm overwhelmed again.  But the fact that it is Friday and I don't really have anything planned for Sat. and Sun. is perking my spirits.  I probably shouldn't have written that last sentence "out loud", because the way my life is going I'm sure something is going to come up to ruin my two days of leisure at home, lol.  But I remain hopeful.
    This is exactly how I feel!! I’ve been pregnant 100 years and also 5 minutes. Thanks for all the good wishes!!

Super likely he’ll be an August baby @CharmedPam! Doesn’t feel like anything is happening today! Plus I’m a July Leo so he can be my August Leo cub. 

Thanks @cupcait927!!
  • banana468 said:
    If you like eggplant parm I'll send you the labor inducing recipe! 
    Yes, please I love it!!
  • Here's a link to the recipe.   It's delicious!

http://www.livingfullonlife.com/?p=1636

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Ohh PODCAST ALERT!! 

"NICE (edit) White Parents"  from the Serial studios.  Episodes 1 and 2 came out yesterday.  It's eye opening, uncomfortable in the best way, and definitely has me feeling reflective.  It challenges what it means to think of yourself as a 'good' person, especially as a parent. And it doesn't come from a place of trying to shame anyone.  

Sorry for getting title wrong. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2020
    VarunaTT said:
    It's one of my emeals recipes:  Peach Basil Pizza w/Bacon

1 (15 oz) already rolled out bakery pizza (I just buy a crust b/c I get lazy)
    6 slices center cut bacon, chopped
    4 peaches, sliced
    1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
    1/2 cup pesto
    1 (4 oz) log goat cheese, crumbled
    1/3 cup fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).  Roll out pizza dough into 16 inch round on greased baking sheet, prick surface w/fork, bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until crisp, reserving 1 Tbsp dripping in skillet (yeah, i leave it ALL in there).  Toss peaches with 1/3rd cup vinegar.  Cook in drippings 4-5 minutes until browned and tender (this smells amazing, btw).  Spread pesto on dough.  Top w/bacon, peaches, and cheese.  Bake 5-7 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.  Top pizza w/basil, drizzle w/1 Tbsp vinegar.

It's 6 servings, 451 calories each.  And 6 pieces on a 16" crust are damn big pieces.  It's delicious.
    Trader Joe's has the BEST refrigerated pizza crust and it's only around $1.  So worth not doing the work.  I buy 2 every time I go and freeze them.  I have found myself cutting them in half to make thinner crust pizza and boom, 2 pizzas.  
  • I'm so glad it's Friday. I'd planned to spend the majority of my day working on a mildly boring process and half watch tv, but that didn't work out. I "walked in" to a fire drill and my email box has been screaming at me all day. But it was nice to finally get a break and find yummy recipes! I'm hoping the eggplant doesn't make me go into labor, but it makes me want fall. I want to wear jeans and a hoodie too!

Nothing much here this weekend. Dinner with my parents tomorrow, potentially tubing tomorrow or Sunday. Probably working tomorrow, F#$(&*. I need a break. 
  • Today I learned that the sleeping pills and non drowsy allergy meds need to be stored in separate locations because the bottles look exactly the same when you are sneezing your face off.

Bother. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yay @charlotte989875 sending healthy labor vibes!
    @banana468 I had eggplant parm the night before I had the twins...well, I had two bites.  I'd been in early labor for about a week so everything was shooting through me but it made for delicious 3-day-old leftovers when I got home from the hosp lol
    @mrsconn23 yay for defconn's great first day!  And congrats to your dad
    @levioosa H and i have been spatting more frequently...same with the other couples I'm close with.  Always related to pandemic stress.
    @VarunaTT that sounds delicious!  And a lovely gesture.

UO but I actually love Scott's.  I think the plumbing in my area is weak bc everyone in the neighborhood FB groups was asking if anyone had seen Scott's/1-ply in stores, once toilet paper started coming back.  It wasn't until mid-April that stores even had TP but it was Charmin, and other thicker brands.  By late May we were all relieved to have our 1-ply back lol.
    It rained all night and the humidity finally broke.  The kids and I had a backyard play date at my sister's house this morning, which was a lot of fun.  Pool day tomorrow and on Sunday some more cooking for new-mom sister, and another waving through the window (*cue Evan Hansen singing*) at my new sweetie nephew. 

• Everyone talking about toilet paper, reminded me.

I bought my first large pack of "after the panic" toilet paper about two weeks ago.  And my first large pack of "after the panic" paper towels last Friday.

The "panic" TP was procured from Home Depot.  I didn't hate it, but it was $6 more than my usual (Cottenelle) which I really prefer.  Shelves are still not fully stocked, but it was great to go back to my favorite brand instead of paying more for lesser TP. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2020
    mrsconn23 said:
    It's FRIDAY!!!  YAY! The other thing to celebrate, 5 months into it, we are FINALLY rid of the 1 ply bullshit TP DH bought as a reactionary pandemic panic purchase.  I swear that shit was mating at night. I told DH that unless the world/store/our town is on literal fire and we are down to dust as TP, I will slap 1 ply out of his hand if he ever brings it home again.  LOL

DefConn had a GREAT 1st day of school.  He was SO friggin' happy (and hungry, since his snack schedule has been interrupted by the return to school).  He loves his class and new teacher.  He seemed pretty unfazed by the COVID protocols and mask wearing. 

I also reached out to SIL last night to talk to her about family stuff and to bounce some thoughts and ideas off her.  She's the middle child and the only female in DH's immediately family.  She's definitely taken over in some way as the 'center' of the family since MIL has been gone.  She also understands a lot of where I'm at, having lost her mom, and how overwhelming things are feeling at the moment that may have not been as much so in the past.  It made me feel better and just reminded me that I need to reach out to her more to help me work through their family dynamics. She has a good handle on both her brothers, and FIL, and they listen to her. 

This weekend is going to cooler and rainy.  I'm kind of looking forward to wearing jeans and maybe even a hoodie. Plus we're probably sticking close to home and keeping things low-key.  

Today is dad's last day of work.  I need to call and wish him a happy retirement. 
    Congratulations/best of luck to DefConn and Happy Retirement to your dad! I hope things settle down and improve for you.
  • Hope all goes smoothly @charlotte989875. @VarunaTT that pizza sounds amazing, I saved it to my Paprika file.

@mrsconn23, glad to hear DefCon's first day was great. Scary times but hopefully all will be safe.

I'm still at DD's but will be going home on Monday. I'm ready to be home. My elliptical arrived yesterday (H is at home). I can't wait to try it out. Also, I'm getting a bit tired of being here. I don't think I could ever live with my kids. DD and I get a long great, but I need my space as do they. I will miss the boys immensely though. I will probably be having surgery at the end of August or the beginning of September with a 4-6 week recovery. I hope I have a chance to see them before the surgery. I absolutely won't be able to see them during recovery.

Have a great weekend WW.
    Hope you love the elliptical!  I did when I had mine.  Better on the knees. I always had bad knees. What’s the surgery for again @ILoveBeachMusic?

• @CharmedPam I have a torn hamstring tendon so will be having it repaired. I'm not good at not getting up and moving which is what 4-6 week recovery will be. The danger is rupturing the repair. Leg in sling and on crutches and no weight bearing for  that long will be difficult. I'm super excited about the elliptical. That is what I do most of the time at the Y and just don't feel super comfortable going there right now. Yes much better on the knees but for me on the hips too. I'm also adding to my small arsenal of weights so I can do weight training with my trainer via FaceTime. I already had a basic set of dumb bells but am adding some more along with a kettle bell and bench.