Wedding Woes

Destination Wedding - Need Advice Please!

Hello everyone! So we originally had our wedding planned for May 22, 2020, and we postponed it to September 25, 2020. It is a destination wedding in Florida, and most of our guests will be flying in from Texas (both hotspot states right now). The date is coming up soon and we need to decide whether we will cancel it and elope or continue with the wedding in Florida and have it be smaller (around 40 guests instead of 100 or so). 

I have no idea what to do right now -- if I should cancel the wedding, or if I should go through with it. It scares me to have to put our families at risk if we do go through with it, but I have heard other brides at the same venue are still having their wedding. I just don't know what to do and anyone's advice or other brides that are in a similar situation please gives me any thoughts or anything, please. I am so lost and stuck, please help! 

Thank you in advance!
Sandy

Re: Destination Wedding - Need Advice Please!

• Thank y'all so much! I really appreciate the honesty and advice. It helps me a ton! I definitely wouldn't be able to forgive myself either if anyone got sick because of our wedding. 
    And the scary part is that your wedding *could* be OK but it's everything else surrounding it. 

I know I need to travel for a funeral in 2.5 weeks and the deceased is my niece.   If we weren't so close or if we had to fly I think we may have to say we aren't going. 

Airports, hotels, etc just do not make me feel comfortable. 
  • Cancel.  I would not travel at the moment and I also would not want to put my family and friends in the position to make that decision.  
  • Fun story. My coworker went to Florida last month. She had scheduled the trip prior to the pandemic and didn't want to cancel. They thought that if they didn't go anywhere but the rental and the beach, they'd be safe, so decided not to cancel. 

Now she and 3 friends have covid. Would you be ok with that being your grandma? 
  • Also, OP I'm not sure where you're located, but in NY I'm pretty sure there's a mandatory quarantine if you travel to any of these hot spots right now. 
  • Also, OP I'm not sure where you're located, but in NY I'm pretty sure there's a mandatory quarantine if you travel to any of these hot spots right now. 
    Also that.

We are headed to a non-hotspot vacation house this weekend and the only reason why we don't have to quarantine is because we're in a non-hotspot state. 

When we come back from the hotspot from the funeral all of us will have to have rapid Covid tests once we're in state for 3 days.  
  • Thank y'all for the responses! I appreciate it. 
  • banana468 said:
    Thank y'all so much! I really appreciate the honesty and advice. It helps me a ton! I definitely wouldn't be able to forgive myself either if anyone got sick because of our wedding. 
    And the scary part is that your wedding *could* be OK but it's everything else surrounding it. 

I know I need to travel for a funeral in 2.5 weeks and the deceased is my niece.   If we weren't so close or if we had to fly I think we may have to say we aren't going. 

I missed that your niece passed away.  (I've been less frequent) I'm so sorry to hear this, it has been a difficult 1+year for you and your family.
  • banana468 said:
    Thank y'all so much! I really appreciate the honesty and advice. It helps me a ton! I definitely wouldn't be able to forgive myself either if anyone got sick because of our wedding. 

I missed that your niece passed away.  (I've been less frequent) I'm so sorry to hear this, it has been a difficult 1+year for you and your family.
    She hasn't (yet) so this sounds so weird.   Her condition is not survivable and her older sister went to heaven 32 minutes after she was born.   Because this pregnancy has an induction date we sadly already have plans in motion. 

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

She hasn't (yet) so this sounds so weird.   Her condition is not survivable and her older sister went to heaven 32 minutes after she was born.   Because this pregnancy has an induction date we sadly already have plans in motion. 

Oh gosh! I remember about her older sister but guess I totally missed that they were expecting again. I just can't express how sorry I am that they and the rest of your family are going through. I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers.
  • Definitely talk to your VIP's and those invited.  Many may have already booked flights/hotels because it's not that far away.  Obviously, that shouldn't be your only deciding factors, but if you change the date or location, it's best to do it earlier than later...