Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for scaled down wedding invitation (due to COVID)

We had to decrease our wedding size (we've already sent out the cancellations) and now we are sending invites out to a scaled down set of people (wedding party and immediate family only). How should I word it to let people know that it is a more intimate wedding? 

Re: Wording for scaled down wedding invitation (due to COVID)

• You use the same wording for "more intimate" weddings as you do for "less intimate, more formal" weddings. You don't use invitations to announce that plans have changed -- only the logistics of the finalized plans.

Just send out the invitations to the wedding to guests who are actually invited, and say nothing to those who were previously invited but won't be invited to the updated version.
  • We had to decrease our wedding size (we've already sent out the cancellations) and now we are sending invites out to a scaled down set of people (wedding party and immediate family only). How should I word it to let people know that it is a more intimate wedding? 

Did you keep the original date?  Did everyone on your guest list receive a cancellation notice?
    I'm guessing you want the new guest list to realize the number in attendance will be small, and therefore, "safer" in theory.  It does make sense to notify them in an attempt to assure them you are following protocols.  Knowing the guest list is smaller will also make it easier for those on this new guest list to determine their comfort level in attending.
    I agree it is not something you typically include on an invitation.  If your guest list is truly limited to immediate family and your wedding party, I would think word of mouth from your folks would work?  Otherwise, you could indicate a wedding website link, and offer details there in terms of the protocols you are taking and the expectations of your guests.