Wedding Woes
Options

Hump Day

Not sure if I'd know the days of the week if not for these WW chats.  Thanks guys!

I think I slept in a weird position bc my right shoulder blade area is killing me today.  Ah to be 36...speaking of health woes, how'd your dental appt go, @short+sassy ?  Tooth issues are the worst, hope you're feeling better.

Re: Hump Day

• Options
    I slept badly, too, but I think that's a product of sleeping with the dog. She's great to sleep with when it's cold, but when it's hot she sleeps like a capital F. I'm also trying to figure out what happened with this dress I ordered. It was from one of those places that posts on FB or whatever. It supposedly shipped in mid-July, but maybe it's in Spain? Customer service is wholly useless. I should just reverse the purchase and learn from my mistake. 

Otherwise, SSDD. We had runoff elections here last night and I think our incumbent DA (for the county that contains city of Atlanta) got ousted. I'm pretty happy about that, I've had a problem with him for a while, and he didn't look good in the Wendy's shooting earlier this summer. 
  • Options
    I'm just glad it's Wednesday.  I always feel better when I hit this day of the week.

SSDD, really.  Nothing exciting.  It's my mom's birthday, but I haven't seen them in months b/c of covid.  We're going to try and plan an outside on the patio, masked up, when we have a cooler weekend.  My parents are in their 80s, both have significant health issues that make them more suspect to this illness, and I'm just not chancing it.  I've seen them once since this all started, and I think it's been about 2 months again, so we need to just make it work.  She didn't want anything, so I'm just sending a card.
  • Options
    I finally got around to listening to Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's song "WAP".  It's hilarious and I love that it's making dumb ass people pearl clutch (looking at you Ben Shapiro).  Yeah, it's raunchy af.  That's the point. 

DH and I tried to get the tree branch that's damaged down yesterday.  We need better rope.  I can tell we made some progress looking at it from my office window.  

I slept on my neck wrong, so I am with you in solidarity on the neck/shoulder pain @ei34.

This week is dragging.  Every day when DH gets home we ask each other how the day was and we're both just, "Eh, it was a day.  It was work, blah." 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, yup - this is what I’m going through.  Day after day, same old same old.
    @charlotte989875, thinking of you and hope your recovering and baby snuggling!

Thanks to all who recommended steel wool for my garage problem.  I think I plugged up all the holes.  I used to hear random pops in my kitchen all the time and guess what - the last few days, nada.  I thought it was just my appliances making noise but maybe I had rodent problems long before now? I installed the stuff on Sunday.  If it works, best $19.95 spent!

• Options
    Oh @charlotte989875, that is so upsetting.  I'm sorry.  You don't need that kind of stress, especially after all you went through to bring him into the world.  

And I feel you on the adjustment period.  It is a wild time and all three of you are trying to figure each other out.  I didn't have a c-section, but my vag was pretty beat up after having DefConn and moving around was so painful.  I hope you find a way to sit/lay down that will allow you to be comfortable.  ((hugs mama))
  • Options
    I slept like shit too. I'm back in the office today after 3 weeks. I have to leave by 1 to do my afternoon IV treatment. I'm so freaking tired.
  • Options
    Count me on the slept like shit train too. This week feels like a billion years long. 

@charlotte989875 I’m sorry. That’s really frustrating. She used to be a nurse too, right? That makes it even more annoying. 

My manager is out until next Wednesday so it will just be me handling everything at work. I hope people can just have some chill instead of each day having a thousand fires to put out. FSIL and I are hiking tonight. I’m feeling pretty tired. I was supposed to do weights tomorrow but now I’m debating taking a rest day. Otherwise SSDD. 

• Options

Add me to the camp of cruddy sleep last night. Between my teething 19 month old and my 4 year old who was woken up by said teether I had no hope. My normal morning tea is just not doing it for me today.Trying to find motivation at work but am struggling big time!

@charlotte989875 I would be very hurt too that she couldn’t prioritize you and the new baby over her desire to have social interactions.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh @charlotte989875, that is so upsetting.  I'm sorry.  You don't need that kind of stress, especially after all you went through to bring him into the world.  

And I feel you on the adjustment period.  It is a wild time and all three of you are trying to figure each other out.  I didn't have a c-section, but my vag was pretty beat up after having DefConn and moving around was so painful.  I hope you find a way to sit/lay down that will allow you to be comfortable.  ((hugs mama))
    Thanks! It’s so frustrating that she complains about wanting to see him but then does things that makes that impossible. 

At least with the csection they give you pain killers and encourage you to take them. Moving has been the worst but H is fantastic; he’s changed all the diapers, brings me the baby whenever he needs to eat, brings me all the snacks. We’re getting a system going. 

Yes, @levioosa she was actually a maternity nurse, which I think is all the more frustrating. She should know how much we need to keep him safe. 

Thanks @jstump2, that’s exactly how I feel. I can’t choose someone else’s priorities but it hurts that’s how she’s decided to do things. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I hope you start feeling more comfortable soon.  And I'm sorry that your mom hasn't been more careful.  I know how much you'd like to see her, but you all are doing the right thing.  Hopefully this will be a lesson she will learn quickly and knock off the unnecessary risks for the next two weeks, so she can go see her new grandson!

@ei34, thanks for asking!  I'm not sure I would go so far as to say the dental visit went well, lol.  But I'm not in any more pain, so that is the really good part.  A root canal wasn't even an option.  The tooth couldn't be saved, so they pulled it out.  Along with a second one that is all the way in the back and was already loose from my gums receding too far.

At least they are both on my bottom jaw and toward the back, so no one can see that I now have teeth like a jack o'lantern!  There is one tooth that was fine, but located in between the two teeth that got pulled.  So that poor, little lone tooth has a missing tooth on each side of it.  I'm going back in a month for them to do a full x-ray and put together a plan for what to do going forward.  I don't have much hope, though.  I know my gums are in really bad shape.

But here were my two major annoyances with this office.  First, they called me around 3:10 (my appointment was at 3:30) asking if they could push my appointment to the next morning because one of their dental assistants had an emergency and left early.  I told her, if there was any way they could still fit me in for my appointment I would really appreciate it because 1) I'd already taken the afternoon off work and was IN MY CAR ON THE WAY THERE (ffs) and 2) I'd already been in a lot of pain for a few days and had taken the first appointment they'd had available.  She at least said she understood and it was okay if I still came in.

I mean, I guess if the assistant truly had an emergency and maybe if it had JUST happened, but still.  I really didn't appreciate them trying to postpone my appointment only 20 minutes before it was happening.

Then, they gave me the option of paying an extra $39 for nitrous oxide.  I hemmed and hawed a little, but decided to go with that.  Except they never gave me the nitrous oxide.  In fact, the dental assistant gave me oxygen and said she would come back shortly before the dentist was ready to give me the nitrous oxide.  I was then left alone in the room for FORTY minutes!  I was starting to worry I'd been forgotten about!  They close at 5:00 and some of the staff started leaving.  I had visions of the lights being turned off and everyone was going to be gone, lol.  But the dentist finally came in around 5:20 and put about 7 painful shots in my gums near the two teeth being pulled.  Mind you, the dental assistant never came back during any of that time.  She didn't come into the room until right before the dentist started to pull the two teeth.  She didn't give me the nitrous oxide then either.  Which, at that point, was fine because then it would have been pointless.  If you're going to give me nitrous oxide to relax and help a little with pain, then it would need to be before I'm getting shots in my gums anyway!

So I called them this morning to have that charge removed.  The person who had spoken with me about the charges the day before wasn't available and gave me a call back.  I told her I wanted the nitrous oxide charge removed from my credit card, because I didn't receive it.  She said she spoke to the dental assistant before calling me and that she said she had given me the nitrous oxide.  GTFO!!!  I'm ready to get amped up if they're going to fight me on this but I retained my composure and politely, but sternly, told her, "No.  I've had nitrous oxide before.  I know what it feels like.  I was not given any."  I also then told her the (above) story about how the dental assistant was supposed to have come back to give it to me, but never came back into my room at all before the dentist.  Fortunately, she didn't fight me on it any further and said the charge would be removed.  But the whole thing put a bad taste in my mouth, no pun intended!

I was bleeding a lot after the teeth were pulled.  They put a lot of gauze on the wound.  But within a couple minutes, the gauze was totally soaked in blood and then started running out of my mouth (sorry for the TMI!).  That was creeping me out.  The dentist warned me I probably would have bleeding over the next couple days but, if I started gushing blood...which he said was unlikely, but possible (eek)...I would need to go to the emergency room (more eek!).  I was scared to take the second set of gauze out!  But I finally did a few hours later and, fortunately, it's been fine and the wounds haven't been bleeding.  Phew!

It will take two weeks to fully heal, so only soft foods until then and nothing with a grainy texture.  I'm scared of food right now and I need to get over that!  I have been eating, but I have to force myself because I'm so nervous and have been putting off meals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I slept like shit too. I'm back in the office today after 3 weeks. I have to leave by 1 to do my afternoon IV treatment. I'm so freaking tired.
    I think I missed this, but can you not work from home due to this? It’s seems crazy they want you in the office. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 that would hurt my feelings tremendously, and would probably have me evaluating my relationship with my mom tbh. I am sorry she isn't taking things seriously.

SSDD here. 
    Tomorrow is our nanny's birthday. I got her a bracelet and cash, everyone loves cash.
    I got my period yesterday and that probably explains why I have been so exhausted lately. DH and I have been NTNP for a little bit and I was more disappointed than I thought I would be. We got pregnant while trying to prevent the first time so I was hoping this time would be just as easy. :/
    DS freaked us out yesterday. The area around his eye randomly and suddenly became splotchy and red, and he was crying like it hurt. I treated it the best I could and was fully prepared to have him wake up with pink eye this morning (that was my worst case scenario, allergies, bug bite, and molars were also considered) but he was mostly better. Turned out that the nanny had shared some spicy noodles with him and didn't wash his hands well enough afterwards. So glad we don't have to deal with that, lol.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2020
    ouch @short+sassy, that day sounds awful and I’m like you. “No.  No.  You cannot postpone this, I rearranged my life for this!” But I did chuckle at them all leaving, turning off the lights and forgetting about you. Maybe one would have gotten to their car before remembering and getting back to you!

@charlotte989875 completely frustrating.  I mean without covid the first month of a baby’s life is super fragile. So I have heard from other mom’s, And a doctor. I’m no expert.   You’d think EXTRA precautions would have been taken.  

• Options
    ouch @short+sassy, that day sounds awful and I’m like you. “No.  No.  You cannot postpone this, I rearranged my life for this!” But I did chuckle at them all leaving, turning off the lights and forgetting about you. Maybe one would have gotten to their car before remembering and getting back to you!

@charlotte989875 completely frustrating.  I mean without covid the first month of a baby’s life is super fragile. So I have heard from other mom’s, And a doctor. I’m no expert.   You’d think EXTRA precautions would have been taken.  
    I was going through my hypothetical options, lol.  Call the police, "Please help!  I've been locked inside my dental clinic!"?  Ransack the place looking for linens, then set up a tent and bed in the lobby?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot my one happy plan for the day.  One of my coworkers/friend and I are going out for lunch.  I haven't been to the restaurant before, but checked out the menu.  It's more a coffee shop/casual cafe.  They put avocado mash on almost everything, so that already gets my thumbs up, lol.

Other than a few minutes of chit-chat here and there in the breakroom, we haven't really talked since before the pandemic, so I'm looking forward to catching up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I am so sorry about your mom.  I would be pissed and hurt too and that's not something you need right now!!!  Hope you're feeling good otherwise. 

I posted on the Monday post super late, but my fam in Iowa is still without power (just over 2 days) and my parents farm looks pretty ransacked.  Very minor damage to the house (shingles, gutters) but lots of trees down and debris everywhere.  We had actually left to go there on Monday and my mom called when we were about 40 minutes from home to tell us to turn around.  She was in the basement and we could hear the wind outside through the phone.  Scary AF.  We are going to help with cleanup as soon as power is back on.  

I have one meeting this afternoon and other than that i'm not doing much for work the next couple days.  COVID stress, storms, work/baby juggling is finally finally getting to me.  I'm just donezo and need a little time to chill.  
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I'd be frustrated too and would probably lay down the law: "When you isolate for two weeks and stop doing these things you'll get to see me and the boy.   Until then I have to put our health first."   Depending on my mood I'd add,"because with what you're doing you aren't"

We found out yesterday that a dear friend was in the hospital in a coma for 5 days due to Covid and now has lasting heart issues.  He is my age.  This isn't a disease that plays nice.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I'm sorry. That's so frustrating. 

I've seen so many pictures on social media of people at parties, unmaked and not socially distant. And I'm just baffled. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've seen the same @climbingwife sometimes accompanied with a hashtag like #quarantineisover.  Like really, is it?!  Hope your IV treatment went alright!
    @short+sassy ugh how frustrating!  I had to have a tooth pulled once...the worst.  Sending healing vibes.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend's health issues @banana468 - this virus really isn't a joke.

Omg @charlotte989875 your rant is totally valid!  I'd be so hurt, frustrated and annoyed.  My sister's MIL has been responsible enough except that she watches her other grandkids (my sister's BIL and wife's kids) and they're all over the place, at large gatherings every weekend, etc.  Sis and her H said to MIL, "sorry, you have to quarantine for two weeks if you want to meet the baby".  What else can they do?  Once the baby was born, my parents, my other siblings and I switched to ordering groceries online and doing curbside pick up.  We want to see the baby in person (still from a distance, outdoors) but we're not taking chances by being indoors and in public or around other people.  It's only right, you can't play around with a newborn.  Yay for being home though, and that you and H have a system going.  Has your sister been able to visit?  I know you two are a good support system for each other.

We're having some heavy thunder/lightning right now (no rain or wind) and I'm like freaking out we're going to lose power again.  Still traumatized from last week.  Jesus take the wheel :p
  • Options

I've seen so many pictures on social media of people at parties, unmaked and not socially distant. And I'm just baffled. 
    Just when I think I can't be shocked more on this subject, South Dakota allowed that annual Sturgiss motorcycle event.  WHAT.THE.HELL!

I don't know what the final count was, but they were expecting about 2500 to descend on the small town of Sturgiss, SD.  I saw the photos of jam-packed bars and events.  No one social distancing.  Hardly anyone wearing a mask.

Who ARE these people?  What are they possibly THINKING?  Am I in some alternate universe?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Just when I think I can't be shocked more on this subject, South Dakota allowed that annual Sturgiss motorcycle event.  WHAT.THE.HELL!

I don't know what the final count was, but they were expecting about 2500 to descend on the small town of Sturgiss, SD.  I saw the photos of jam-packed bars and events.  No one social distancing.  Hardly anyone wearing a mask.

Who ARE these people?  What are they possibly THINKING?  Am I in some alternate universe?
    That's 250,000 people expected in Sturgis and surrounding area for 10 days and that's about 1/2 the usual attendance. My cousin and wife are there and sharing pics on FB.  Not a mask in sight.
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

That's 250,000 people expected in Sturgis and surrounding area for 10 days and that's about 1/2 the usual attendance. My cousin and wife are there and sharing pics on FB.  Not a mask in sight.
    Oh!  Apparently I missed a couple zeroes.  Thanks for the correction.  What an even bigger eyeroll.

But I'm sure the chances of a quarter million people in the midst of a pandemic all being perfectly COVID-free is 99%//s.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Days mean nothing to me anymore. 

We came home Monday afternoon and we’re all trying to adjust. Some ups and downs but so so nice to be home. Trying to take it easy and rest is so hard. You don’t realize how often you use your abs until you can’t anymore. 

Minor Covid rant: My Mom, knowing when our induction and due dates were has been out and about. Last Sunday she went (unmasked) to my nieces birthday party (outside hut people were not socially distanced and also unmasked), this past Saturday she went to my high school cousin’s grad party (also outside but not distanced, no masks); he works two jobs in the public and is going to tons of parties this summer. All of which I was annoyed but whatever. 

Then last night she goes to her sisters (who has 3 teenagers) with my 2 aunts and hung out inside for what would have been their Dads 100th birthday. Well one of the kids comes down in the middle of it all and says he’s sick. 

We had invited them to see the baby today which clearly won’t happen now or for weeks. I know I’m not the Covid-19 police but I’m annoyed and a little hurt she can’t or won’t take things seriously. She’s complained the entire time how she’s missing my pregnancy and she wished she could be at the hospital. But then she exposes herself to tons of risk. 
    Wow. I'm so sorry your mother did that. That really is annoying and hurtful.
  • Options
    Omg the pictures coming out of Sturgis are INSANE. 

My cousin lives in Florida, and I really hope she's not planning on coming up for the holidays. Because I'm going to tell her no. She manages a restaurant, and I have yet to see her wear a mask.