Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! I have no clue what dress to pick ladies

nobie5nobie5 member
First Comment
edited September 2020 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Hey guys!

im new to the board and I am in a pickle! I went dress shopping recently and I can’t not decide for the life of me which dress to pick! I wish it was in the budget to purchase both lol but unfortunately I cannot. I need an unbiased opinion on these dresses please any comments can help! I am supposed to go back this weekend to say yes to the dress so I need to figure this out in the next day or so! Thanks in advance for your input 😘 I’ve posted 2 photos of each

Re: Help! I have no clue what dress to pick ladies

• They are very similar but I like the strapless one the best which is odd for me because I usually don't like strapless dresses! They both are beautiful though. Best wishes.
  • Gorgeous!! They both look great. I agree I don’t normally like strapless but that looks fantastic on you! The detailing is beautiful. 
  • You know it’s funny that I told the lady assisting me when I first walked in that “ I absolutely do not want any strapless because it makes me feel naked” 😂😂 to my surprise it’s one of the dresses I fell in love with! Thank god for her going out on a limb 
  • Thank you! We go back in the morning to have one more look at both! I think I’m leaning towards the strapless as well
  • I like the strapless one too. I think the lace detail on it is more delicate which is drawing me to it. You look fabulous in both though!

• Both of them are very flattering, but I think the strapless looks the best. And I don't usually like strapless.
  • Which one do you look at yourself in and say "DA** I'd marry myself in this!" - go with that one regardless of anyone else's opinions...  

IMO - I'd go with the one with the straps because gravity and 12 hours wearing it, both are absolutely beautiful but the functionality of not having to yank over the course of the day would be my deciding factor because that lacework is heavy!

• nobie5 said:
    You know it’s funny that I told the lady assisting me when I first walked in that “ I absolutely do not want any strapless because it makes me feel naked” 😂😂 to my surprise it’s one of the dresses I fell in love with! Thank god for her going out on a limb 
    You look great in both gowns, but I like the strapless one on you even better.  I had a very similar experience!  I'm a pretty buxom gal and strapless anything usually looks horrible on me.

But the person at the store talked me into trying one on and I'm glad she did!  The strapless wedding dresses turned out to be the most flattering shape on me.  It's because wedding dresses, as opposed to strapless tops/casual dresses, have a sturdier structure to them.

FWIW, I didn't have to yank my dress up at all.  It was a perfect, but tight fit.  The dress also had a corset back, to help with that.  I also wore a corset for my undergarment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the strapless one!
  • I vote strapless!!!!
  • I'm not normally a strapless dress fan, but that particular dress looks lovely on you! So that's the one that has my vote.
  • Both of the dresses you posted are gorgeous, so it's no wonder you have a hard time deciding.
    I love the first dress in each photo. They both have such an elegant look and still modern look that would be perfect for a wedding.