Wedding Woes

Monday Morning Blues

short+sassyshort+sassy member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2020 in Wedding Woes
I hope you all had a good weekend!  I was pretty busy on Saturday running errands and then going out to lunch.  This was the Rib Room lunch I mentioned on Sat.  Pretty good!  It was a 2-course special for $20.  I got the Kale and Apple salad with a Prime Rib debris poboy.  My H got the Crawfish Popcorn and the same sandwich I did.  It was a perfect day, weather-wise, and there were lots of people walking around.  I don't usually wear my mask outside, but I did walking back and forth to my car because there was just too many people not to (imho).  It's the French Quarter (very little parking), so I was parked about 1/4 mile away in the Downtown.

On Sun., we got take-out from a new-to-us BBQ place fairly nearby.  It was good!  Better than I was expecting, except for the brisket burnt ends.  I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop ordering those, lol.  When they stay tender on the inside, they are amazing.  But, usually, they have a hard texture and taste like overcooked meat.  

Apparently my weekend revolved around food, because there is not much more to say about it, lol.  I spent most of it relaxing at home.

It's not official, but I found out today that my desk at work is probably moving.  Again (sigh).  I just moved in March, smh.  I hope I get an office again.  I know the general vicinity and I don't think there will be many of us going to that area.  But I also don't think there are that many offices and at least three people would have "dibs" in front of me.  I just hope it isn't worse than where I already am.  We shall see. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday Morning Blues

• My shower can never get clean! No matter what I use.

weekend was great.  My friends and I went and stayed Friday night at a haunted town. Alton IL (@VarunaTT, I’m sure you’re familiar with it, about 1/2 hr away from St. Louis?). We toured one of America’s most haunted places, McPike Mansion.  Saturday we drove to my parents’ place and spent the night there.  Good times. Will definitely go back to Alton, it was a neat town all together!

• Non eventful weekend here. I've been feeling kind of down. I think it is a combination of being less active, covid and all the political crap going on. I'm taking a facebook break for the foreseeable future. This weekend I had two relatives that were just posting stuff I couldn't deal with - one was posting on my post. I ended up deleting that post just so it would be on my wall. I'm just so tired of all the stuff. I understand opinions can differ but there is just some stuff that isn't opinion. Then seeing on the news this morning that Trump took that car ride to wave to his supporters! Good grief! Maybe I just need to put my head in the sand until after the election.

On a good note, I'm having a seated upper body workout via FaceTime with  my trainer this morning. It is amazing how out of shape a person can get in just 4.5 weeks. I can't wait until I can do some easy cardio to build back up my endurance.

Glad you liked your bike @banana468. I have shoes to use on DD's bike when I go there to visit. That visit will be ASAP after being released by the doctor. Hopefully in the next week or two. 
  • Weekend was good for the most part. It was nice having a three day weekend. I’m not ready for the next few weeks of a regular schedule. 

• levioosa said:
    Weekend was good for the most part. It was nice having a three day weekend. I’m not ready for the next few weeks of a regular schedule. 
    Yes!  Between Labor Day and needing to burn up vacation time, I had all the Mondays in Sept. off.  This will be my first full week in a month and I know it is already a shock to my system, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2020
    So @CharmedPam I used a baking soda paste that I left on for about 30 minutes followed by a vinegar spray and used a scrub brush.   

Then what remained was re-pasted and I sprayed bleach.   There was a rinse in between just to help reduce fumes.  

It looks SO much better and we have well water that needs softener salt that start to show hard lines if it accumulates.  I can't wait til Chiquita can do this. 

@ILoveBeachMusic, I didn't spring for the clip in shoes but the pedals have a basket (muzzle?) to hold my sneakers so there's no fly off.   I can't do 2nd or 3rd position yet but just kept pedaling and felt like that was the first step.   My legs feel a bit like Jello. 

• Weekend was good. Likely going to be reducing how much we see family as the numbers are going up and they said if things aren't controlled now, it could easily be 1,000 DAILY by end of the month.
    Currently we're on highest since April :\

We are talking about family photos, but those were going to be done outside and within the bubble. SFIL takes photos and we want to have photos with my mum included also.

Saturday BabyKitten had swimming and was pretty tired after, unfortunately I think she just became overtired and just didn't want to nap when I put her down at my mum's.
    M and my mum's bf took stones out of the backyard to prep for next year's yard fix. M is likely dealing with the tree soon {ideally next weekend but he said maybe a bit can be done tonight}

Went for a walk and realized we have little time where BabyKitten will suffice in stroller. I have an umbrella one that I think will be only one she'll deal with because easy in/out.
    I think she knows when there's more than one person she's more apt to get out because she rarely asks while I'm solo but in store my mum was there so she kept asking to get out ...

We had dinner there and BabyKitten crashed hard on the way home. We're now not planning anything for Saturday mornings because she likely will end up napping earlier.

Sunday was pretty low key.
    Intended on getting some stuff done, but I had such a headache and M was still tired from doing the stones previous day. I got a few things done and M moved a few things.
    I told him I want to get the contractor in a.s.a.p. so we have a working dryer so he needs to shop vac & at least make it safe for someone to come in {physically safe - there is crap every where}
  • banana468 said:
    So @CharmedPam I used a baking soda paste that I left on for about 30 minutes followed by a vinegar spray and used a scrub brush.   

Then what remained was re-pasted and I sprayed bleach.   There was a rinse in between just to help reduce fumes.  

It looks SO much better and we have well water that needs softener salt that start to show hard lines if it accumulates.  I can't wait til Chiquita can do this. 

@ILoveBeachMusic, I didn't spring for the clip in shoes but the pedals have a basket (muzzle?) to hold my sneakers so there's no fly off.   I can't do 2nd or 3rd position yet but just kept pedaling and felt like that was the first step.   My legs feel a bit like Jello. 

I wish DD's bike had cages but it doesn't so I got clip in shoes. Of course Peloton doesn't use the most common clips which is what I have for the spin bikes at the Y. Those bike shoes are so old though, I don't feel too bad about buying another pair. Staying in first position is a great step! It takes a while to build up endurance (and so little time to lose it). I remember hating it for the first months I did spin class but then got totally addicted to it. It is a great workout.
  • @MissKittyDanger we are in a spike in our state too.   Currently the local HS is closed today and there was an early dismissal at an elementary school on Friday.   There is one city about 20 minutes from us that is back to phase 1 and any students from that city attending schools in our outside it (think private or regional schools) must attend remotely for at least 2 weeks. 

Chiquita's soccer game yesterday was cancelled and we now await updates on practices and future games.  I am not holding my breath for how long the kids are going to continue to be attending even in the hybrid version at this rate. 
  • We had a nice weekend. Some of our friends have rented out their house on AirB&B and are basically living in their camper up in the mountains, so Saturday we went up and visited them and did a nice hike. It was a totally remote area with no other people; we even got to let the dogs go off leash and swim in the lake for a while. Then I made white chili and a friend came over for a fire in our backyard. Sunday we caught up on sleep, did some cleaning, and just relaxed. My book club is meeting next week, so I read about half the book. 

Otherwise, I need to start getting organized for Thanksgiving. We've done most of the stuff around the house that I wanted to do, but there are still 2-3 projects. Plus, I need to start figuring out the temporary stuff, like extra tables and serving stuff. I need a spreadsheet. 
  • Weekend was good here.  Friday I found a listing for a townhome for sale by owner on our Institution's classifieds page.  Realtor called the owner to set up a showing.  Owners were headed out of town for the weekend and scheduling all showings for Tuesday.  So we have an appointment then.  It looks great on paper and they sent some pics.  Price is very good but we'd likely need to offer much over asking to get it.  Fingers crossed.

Saturday we went for a drive west of here to look at leaves.  Skies were overcast but we saw some really nice color.  Came home, did laundry and made meatloaf, roasted beets and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Sunday we did recliner church and then headed south on a search for fall leaves.  The sun was out and the colors really popped.  We stopped at a cafe' in a very small town for lunch.  We've been there before and they were taking Covid precautions.  

Tonight is Packers vs Falcons, tomorrow night is house showing, Wednesday I have nails and a pedicure and Thursday afternoon I have an eye exam.  Busy week!
  • I don't blame you @ILoveBeachMusic ..self-care is important.

Sat morning I brought the kids to Party City to select costumes, right when they opened.  We did a drive-thru Jurassic Quest, and it was in a beach parking lot, so had a picnic lunch near the ocean afterwards.  Visited my parents who came home from a couple weeks in NH...and just some other low-key things, so a nice weekend.
  • I spent Friday afternoon at the salon getting a color and cut.  This means I had a ton of down time that I spent tracking Twitter and the news.  Also, my mom group was pretty active talking about all the goings on.  It was a pretty wild news day and there were a lot of tweets that were *chef's kiss*.  

Saturday, DH took DefConn's boy scout den hiking for a requirement.  After that, DefConn went home with his BFF.  DH and I went out to lunch and did some shopping.'

Sunday, my family came over for football and fall bdays. 

This week is crazy and ends with us leaving on vacation (fingers still crossed, LOL). 

If you had the press sec on your White House Rose Garden/Red Wedding bingo card, you can check her off. 
  • @banana468 Yikes!! I think only 2 schools are shut down completely as of today {one may have just opened}
    I know a lot of parents are wanting to swap to virtual but they fucked it up so bad if they get pulled from school, the cannot sign up until January. So there's a lot of issues with our school boards :\ 
  • @mrsconn23 I missed it, where are you anticipating to go?
  • Weekend was good. Saturday we took a drive up to my parents and had my aunts meet the baby outside, at distance. They were so excited to finally see him in person and it was nice to show him off a bit! I was exhausted though by the time we left but baby M was a rockstar. Didn’t cry in the car at all. 

Yesterday was relaxing and football. My Bills are playing amazing!
  • The other post made me irked about my local grocery stores.

So we shop at Walmart for groceries for a variety of reasons. I have been trying to do more "order online, go at time slot" kinds because it's hard for M to sit in the car with BabyKitten while I do it {plus not fair} This way he can go while she naps if need be.

Anyways .... I was setting one up for this week and then I check my cart for something HALF the order it won't be fulfilled until like a week later. Plus there's a few things I know they always say "oops we can't do this" {like diapers}

So I'm heavily annoyed and may have to physically go in to do groceries .... guh.
    I've done another store but the price jumps like 10% and it's same stuff!! Guhhh
  • @MissKittyDanger can you go this time and then stock up while there and automate more for delivery? 

My mom recently did a grocery delivery looking to get that amount for approximately 3 weeks.   For stuff that isn't perishable she can call me and I'll look for places that will ship like Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc.  

• @banana468 We stock for minimum 2 weeks. Some stuff has to be done every 2 weeks {like fruits and baby food pouches} Diapers last much longer now so 1 box will last us nearly a month.
    Non-perishables are usually stocked for longer in our house.

Grocery pick ups here are stupid a.f still. Keeping in mind InstaCart also sucks here - I know it's big in the states.
    Wal-Mart 3x I've had to run in for 1 or 2 things while they packed our car because it was "oh we are out"  and I found out that morning.
    I've made complaints about the diaper issue {which is our biggest issue} because I can run in and purchase and buy the exact one I say I want. I am convinced grocery stores here don't g.a.f 
  • I had a good weekend.  On Saturday we did a monster grocery shop - if we don't go grocery shopping for two months, we would have enough food to last us.  As @MissKittyDanger said, cases are on the rise here, so I'm prepared.  But I accidentally bought too much toilet paper - I thought hubby said we were running out, so I bought a big pack, but it turns out he meant he "thought" we were running out .... and we still had a fair amount at home.... Then I went for a hike with my mom to see the fall colours.  We went to a local campground and thought it would be quiet, but there were so many people!  Fortunately we could socially distance very easily.  Then Saturday night, I did a Halloween event.  They were really good at doing stuff with very few people - I had a blast!

Sunday was online church, then I cleaned up the house.  It was raining, otherwise I would have been cleaning up my gardens.  I'll try to do that in the evenings this week.  I had to bring my stevia indoors - it's getting too chilly for it!

• @mrsconn23 reminded me.  We have to get out of town and go on vacation. Even just a long weekend.  I can't stand it anymore!

But, for COVID safety reasons, we're thinking someplace outdoorsy and pretty, that is also driving distance.  Like renting a cabin somewhere that has easy hikes and maybe a lake/river.

I did a quick search and came up with Hot Springs, AR and Toledo Lake, LA/TX.  Hot Springs, AR is a LOT prettier and has hiking.  But it's an 8-hour drive and I'm not sure I can hang with that.

Toledo Lake is only 4.5 hour drive, but it's just a big lake and doesn't have the natural beauty that Hot Springs does.  We don't own cool "water toys", like boats/kayaks/jet skis and it seems like that is more what it is for.  So, while I'm sure it would be nice and relaxing to hang out on the deck (they do have a lot of waterfront properties), I'm not sure I want to pay 500 bucks (three nights) for the pleasure.

Then there's my H.  Who was wearing flannel long johns this weekend because it was too cold...in the high 60s, smh.  I'm looking at dates in Dec. and both of those places might be too cold for him to enjoy himself.  Because, in Dec., everywhere would be too cold for him to enjoy, lol.

Then I had an idea of staying in a camp/cabin/or house along a bayou, in some of the hinterlands of Louisiana.  I did an initial search but, of course, the one I liked because it checked all the boxes was not available for any of the choice of dates I want to go.  I need to do more research.  I think, overall, this is a better idea.  We want to bring our dog Izzy, if possible.  If we go the bayou route, we'll just have to warn her to stay away from alligators, lol (we would never let her outside by herself anywhere).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 what kind of bike did you get? 

Clean shower - ugh. We had a cleaning person coming every 2 weeks and it was great. She came during the height of covid19 but then stopped coming in June always with random excuses. I figure by now she's gone for good although I dont think there was any official end of services. We really need to clean our shower, it is something where it was nice bc it was being regularly cleaned but now it is longer than 2 weeks between a lot of the time and it definitely isn't as good. I hate cleaning showers
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2020
    kvruns said:
    @banana468 what kind of bike did you get? 

Clean shower - ugh. We had a cleaning person coming every 2 weeks and it was great. She came during the height of covid19 but then stopped coming in June always with random excuses. I figure by now she's gone for good although I dont think there was any official end of services. We really need to clean our shower, it is something where it was nice bc it was being regularly cleaned but now it is longer than 2 weeks between a lot of the time and it definitely isn't as good. I hate cleaning showers
    That's her!   It's a Sunny.  I am debating getting the mount for my phone or a tablet or I'll stream workouts from the computer that you can't see.  This isn't the final location but will be the location until we make space in my office.  For now Sunny likes to hang out by the liquor cart and the jack o lantern lights. 

• banana468 said:
    kvruns said:

That's her!   It's a Sunny.  I am debating getting the mount for my phone or a tablet or I'll stream workouts from the computer that you can't see.  This isn't the final location but will be the location until we make space in my office.  For now Sunny likes to hang out by the liquor cart and the jack o lantern lights. 

I would definitely get the mount for the phone or tablet. I read on my iPad all the time while I'm working out or watch shows.

• @banana468 We stock for minimum 2 weeks. Some stuff has to be done every 2 weeks {like fruits and baby food pouches} Diapers last much longer now so 1 box will last us nearly a month.
    Non-perishables are usually stocked for longer in our house.

Grocery pick ups here are stupid a.f still. Keeping in mind InstaCart also sucks here - I know it's big in the states.
    Wal-Mart 3x I've had to run in for 1 or 2 things while they packed our car because it was "oh we are out"  and I found out that morning.
    I've made complaints about the diaper issue {which is our biggest issue} because I can run in and purchase and buy the exact one I say I want. I am convinced grocery stores here don't g.a.f 
    I don't know if it is in Canada yet, but Walmart just came out with "Walmart +".  I think it's $15/month or $99/year (something like that).  But the "perks" are they will do same-day deliveries to your house for no additional cost, for $35+ purchases.  I think it includes anything they sell in the store, not just grocery items.  Members also get discounts for the gas stations that are at some Walmarts...just not the ones I go to, of course, lol.

I've been tempted to sign up, but I'm not sure I shop at Walmart frequently enough for it to be worth the expense.  Plus, I can already order groceries delivered for free with Whole Foods, but obviously their selection is only a tiny fraction of what Walmart has.  There is a 14-day free trial.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OH @ILoveBeachMusic, that is so great!!! YAY!! 

@MissKittyDanger, we're going to visit some of our best friends in SoCal. 
  • banana468 said:
    kvruns said:

I would definitely get the mount for the phone or tablet. I read on my iPad all the time while I'm working out or watch shows.

RIght now I definitely need the work out video to motivate me.   I am not skilled nor disciplined enough to do the routine on my own.   We are most likely getting the Peloton app to try for free for a month and we'll see if we stick with it because we are not iOS users and I hear that the Android users get the fuzzy end of the Peloton lollipop.