Wedding Woes
Options

THURSDAY

2»

Re: THURSDAY

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Casadena said:
    I just purchased coordinating Christmas jammies for our whole family.  I blame you all. 
    K buys them for just me and K...every year.  They find great joy in taking matching photos of jammies in front of the Christmas tree.  It's our 4th Christmas together and I have 3 sets and will have my new one...probably with a matching mask, TBH.  I love it about them.
    I love this! 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Got rear-ended on my way to work today.  While sitting at a red light light.  It was foggy but not that foggy.  He was young so called his mom while we were exchanging everything and she said “let’s go through 3rd party”.  Is that a fancy term for she’ll pay out of pocket?  She said we’d speak this evening but I already put in a claim with Geico, just in case.  Ugh. 
    I'm so sorry to hear that!  At least it doesn't sound like anything major.

I assume that is what she means, but it's a weird way to say it.

I rear-ended a guy years ago and just paid for it out of pocket.  We exchanged insurance info at the scene, but I asked him if he could contact me directly when he had an estimate because I was guessing it was going to be cheap enough that I'd just want to pay out of pocket.  He did and it was.  Around $400.  No WAY was I putting that through my insurance.  We have some of the highest rates in the country already.  They'd jack up my rates even higher for a few years and I'd pay many times more than that.  He e-mailed me the written estimate and I mailed him a check a few days later.  That was it and I never heard from him again.  The 400 bucks was harsh to pay!  But the process was easy.  Plus I didn't have any damage to my car, other than minor scratches that I didn't care about. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I just purchased coordinating Christmas jammies for our whole family.  I blame you all. 
    Print? Brand? Etc. I need to know more.

Also you're welcome
    I got Land's End brand (everything 20% on their site right now and they have tall sized for my H!) flannel jogger pants for both H and me in the red/green plaid.  They have black cuffs so got plain black long sleeve tees.  My mom already got G some Christmas pjs, one is white with red/green/black design, the other is green with red/white.  So we will not match totally but will color coordinate very nicely :)
  • Options
    speaking of Christmas PJs, I just went through my stash of PJs I got on clearance last year. I bought like 15 items in his size. I couldn't resist at 90% off. Now to sort and only keep what I want and sell the rest. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Casadena said:
    K buys them for just me and K...every year.  They find great joy in taking matching photos of jammies in front of the Christmas tree.  It's our 4th Christmas together and I have 3 sets and will have my new one...probably with a matching mask, TBH.  I love it about them.
    DH's family had a tradition of celebrating Christmas Eve-eve (Dec 23rd) with everyone getting PJ's.  We've adopted it with our kids because I loved the idea of it so much.  We haven't always gotten matching PJ's, but we have in the last couple years.  It's one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. 
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @missJeanLouise!

Not much going on with me...but that's nice. I appreciate the calm. It is an island in what will become a raging sea.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I splurged and got Wendy's breakfast this morning.  I love it so much and even indulged in a frosty-cino.

Actually, my splurge was buying a new phone.  My old phone is cracked in every single corner and across the screen now.  I've known I needed a new one and the Galaxy 10 went on sale for $250 off, so i just took the plunge and got a new one.  I can never talk myself into purchasing a brand new latest model phone b/c they're just so expensive.  I know I use it every day, blah, blah, but it's still always a shock.  Also, I used to work at Circuit City back in the day and I know how much it actually costs to make them; the mark up is truly so ridiculous, I think it should be criminal.

Anyway, SSDD.  I'm supposed to be getting my new office at work in a couple of weeks and I'm stoked about it.  I can't wait to have my own private space again.  I'm losing the skylight that is above my office now, which I loved just b/c it gave me some natural light, but it's an okay trade off.
    Is this a thing?  Please, please tell me it exists in Canada .... I'm going to be looking this up!  If it doesn't, the next time I'm in the States I am snatching one of these up.  It sounds amazing!

• Options
    I'm enjoying a snack of one of those little goat cheese rolls with blueberries.  OMG it's hitting the spot on some crackers.

• Options
    @ei34 Sorry to hear about your accident!  I hope that you don't feel sore.  And that you get your car fixed up nice and quick.  

• Options
    I looked, and the frosty-ccino does not exist in Canada apparently.  Kerbohl is very sad ... someday, someday!  
    Busy day at work today!  But it's almost the weekend, and I'm looking forward to taking it easy.  I have book club on Sunday - we read Woman 99 this month.  I liked it except for the ending, so I'm looking forward to discussing it with people. 

• Options
    if it makes you feel better @kerbohl I asked about them a while back because I had one and it wasn't very good. If I remember right Varuna was the only one with a place that made them good because others weren't fans either. 
  • Options
    Found black and white buffalo plaid leggings for BK! They're so soft and will work since she tends to run warm {we buy cotton jammies} Now for the rest.

Stupid store didn't have other 2 things I wanted.

Btw any other parents {or grandparents} just have a bin of stuff that if they find something they buy and stash?
    Does this actually work lol I wanna buy this cute poncho for BK but for xmas it won't work because too cold out. Figured I'd buy now, hold until spring and give at easter.
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Got rear-ended on my way to work today.  While sitting at a red light light.  It was foggy but not that foggy.  He was young so called his mom while we were exchanging everything and she said “let’s go through 3rd party”.  Is that a fancy term for she’ll pay out of pocket?  She said we’d speak this evening but I already put in a claim with Geico, just in case.  Ugh. 
    I'm sorry to read this. Best of luck!
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Oh shit. Are you ok?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    if it makes you feel better @kerbohl I asked about them a while back because I had one and it wasn't very good. If I remember right Varuna was the only one with a place that made them good because others weren't fans either. 
    Aww .... well, maybe I can buy a Frosty here and mix in some flavouring.  It just sounds so darn good!

• Options
    @ei34 -Yikes, I'm glad you weren't injured.  I would take a "third-party" to mean she wants insurance to deal with it.  Curious to see what the driver's mom means.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I also got one from @VarunaTT’s rave reviews.
    i also did not care for it.  To sweet!

• Options
    i really hope Starbucks does Irish Cream cold brews again this year.  I have been craving one like crazy. 
  • Options
    I do think it's very sweet, I have to be in the mood for it, b/c sweet in the morning isn't awesome for my stomach.  But I love the danged things.  It's definitely an indulgence.
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:
    Aww .... well, maybe I can buy a Frosty here and mix in some flavouring.  It just sounds so darn good!
    Also not a fan of the Frosticcino and I see you're making the same assumption I did!

I thought it was going to be their frozen treat Frosty goodness mixed with coffee, so I was expecting a frozen coffee.

It is not.  It's an iced coffee with (I guess) vanilla or chocolate Frosty flavored syrup in it.  Though the one I tried only tasted like iced coffee with milk and sugar in it.  There wasn't much hint of vanilla.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending good vibes @ei34

• Options
    ei34 said:
    Thanks everyone ❤️ By third party the mother of the driver meant she wanted to pay out of pocket.  I was doubtful, and after sending her the preliminary estimate of $2700 (not including once the garage actually drove the car/checked for internal damage, or my rental) she and her H decided to go through their insurance.  The shop said they spoke with their insurance and it’s being handled so I don’t have to involve Geico (my ins) since it was 100% their son.  I’ll drop the car off tomorrow after work...wonder what kind of rental I’ll be given...
    So glad that you’re okay!

Im guessing since he was so young they wanted to keep they’re insurance from going up by paying OOP. Glad you don’t have to involve yours at all!
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Thanks everyone ❤️ By third party the mother of the driver meant she wanted to pay out of pocket.  I was doubtful, and after sending her the preliminary estimate of $2700 (not including once the garage actually drove the car/checked for internal damage, or my rental) she and her H decided to go through their insurance.  The shop said they spoke with their insurance and it’s being handled so I don’t have to involve Geico (my ins) since it was 100% their son.  I’ll drop the car off tomorrow after work...wonder what kind of rental I’ll be given...
    A rental is why we have the vehicle we have now lol
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:
    Also not a fan of the Frosticcino and I see you're making the same assumption I did!

I thought it was going to be their frozen treat Frosty goodness mixed with coffee, so I was expecting a frozen coffee.

It is not.  It's an iced coffee with (I guess) vanilla or chocolate Frosty flavored syrup in it.  Though the one I tried only tasted like iced coffee with milk and sugar in it.  There wasn't much hint of vanilla.
    Oh!  Well, that's not what I thought it would be at all then!  
    I saw on a website somewhere a way to make ice cream that tastes like the Frosty at home.  I should look that up and just start making my own.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:

Yeah, I thought it would be like a JaMocha shake from Arby's but with actually coffee or something.