Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

After reading through all of our posts, it feels like all of us are going through a lot.  So big hugs and margaritas all around ladies.  We got this and we will survive.  Probably with some serious baggage, but we will survive.

I just paid off the rower so I didn't have to explain to coward how money works.  I've also bought boxes and I'm going to get all of K's crap packed up and tell their mother to come with a UHaul and a dolly on Friday and get this shit out.  K has been gone since the 7th and has done nothing, not even change their damn mailing address.  I'm tired of it.  I want this finished.  I want to be able to say, "Their stuff is gone, I will be sending their mail back to sender starting tomorrow, they need to take care of their shit."

I think I'm just going to stop at the fancy liquor store tonight and buy a bunch of charcuterie stuff and wine and that's my Thanksgiving.  I have a friend who has been hosting online horror movie watching and we're going to watch Black Christmas I think.  I have one friend that is in my bubble b/c we're at the same risk level here who is probably going to come over and we'll watch it socially distanced with masks in my apartment.  Maybe, we'll see how I feel about it that day.

Otherwise, SSDD.

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    That sounds like a lovely thanksgiving @varunatt. We’re doing steak & lobster with mac & cheese, just the three of us. Ours moms are in the bubble, but my MIL is having Hs brothers family over and the kids have been in school and my SIL is a teacher and they’re still in person. Just feels too risky. We could have had my parents over but we’re thinking it’s just easier to stay by ourselves. We might end up regretting it but I think it’s the right thing to do. 
  • Options
    Agree that it sounds like a lot of people are going through a lot. Hugs and wine to everyone.

I'm happy, today is my Friday. I'll probably wind up working late, but I'm shutting down the computer tonight and walking away. I've been burnt out lately and I'm desperately in need of a few days to just not think about work stuff.

Otherwise, nothing much going on. The dog has been wild lately. I think the time change and not having as much time outside in the evening is catching up with her. I'm looking forward to having some time in the daylight to walk, hike and play outside with her.  
  • Options
    2020 is just rearing it's ugly head.

I'm almost done shopping.
    Couple small items and I'm done.

Bath & Body Works is having their Black Friday sale so I'm probably doing online stuff
    My granny loves "at the beach" and I was planning on getting her something. Just means the couple mall things is lowered timing {ie; now just a calendar and top for BK}

I'm not a big online shopping fan but it's necessary.

Idk if it's weather, but we've all been so tired lately. BK is sleeping so heavily, like past her wake time too {usually she wakes/stirs when hatch shuts off}
  • Options
    @CharmedPam is it a body shaper?
  • Options
    Pretty much.  But not the type that squishes organs.  VERY smooth! 

• Options
    @VarunaTT it sucks you have to do all the work of packing everything but the relief you will feel with having it all done will be worth it. 

Idk what is going on but I have no urge to do anything (except rearrange all the furniture). Normally I have a Type A plan for tackling Thanksgiving but this year I just feel no urgency. Maybe because we are having less guests?

Anyway, we are doing Thanksgiving on Friday, and guess who woke up with a cold this morning? DS. *Facepalm* I am contemplating taking him to get a covid test just for peace of mind but it sucks. I hope he wakes up fine tomorrow, otherwise I probably will take him.
  • Options
    Pretty much.  But not the type that squishes organs.  VERY smooth! 
    I'm weirdly into this .... I could use that lol
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I'm meal planning for December because I know some days will be mishmashed. Idk when we are doing xmas dinners and visiting, etc.
    Xmas day I'm having my mum and her bf over for breakfast. MIL and SFIL we will see around then but they have their parents they wanna see - I told them to see them with priority since MIL only has 1 parent and he doesn't do large gatherings.

I have 4 meals from the SupperWorks, so far 3 crockpot meals, 1 regular meal .... most of that will create leftovers at least ;)
    So I might actually have like 12 meals lol
  • Options
    @VarunaTT and @charlotte989875, your all's own Thanksgiving meal plans are making me regret going with a typical turkey, lol.

@VarunaTT, you would be shocked how often people don't bother forwarding their mail.  I don't get it either, but it isn't unusual.  It happens all the time when tenants move out also.  2-4 weeks is about my limit when I will write "Return to Sender" on mail.  After that, it gets thrown in the trash.  It's nice of you to pay off their debt since you want to keep the rower, even though there is a good chance they wouldn't take it anyway.  Unless K cares about their credit, they will probably never appreciate that.  

I have a super busy day at work.  I'm working one extra hour today because of the way my work does their holiday schedules.  People can "chose" their normal work schedule, to an extent.  It can be a typical 5 days working 8 hours.  Or what I do, 4 9's and a 4.  Or 5 9s with every other Fri. off.  The problem comes with holidays.  Because a holiday is only 8 hours of time off.  So this week is 16 hours of holiday time for Thurs. and Fri.  My normal 4-hour "half day" moves to Wed., but then I still have two hours I need to make up for.  Either with vacation time or making up the time.  So I'm choosing to work a 10-hour day today and a 5-hour day tomorrow.  It is just as confusing as it sounds, lmao.

It's all good, though!  I have a "jam-packed" 4 1/2 day weekend of lying around and organizing the house.  Accompanied with a crockpot of spiked low-sugar apple cider that will be perpetually sitting on the counter all weekend long, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Doesn’t feel like a Tuesday.  I’m wfh tomorrow and we can log off at 2.  I hope I can remember to stop my hallmark movie at that time to shut down the laptop.  Don’t want people to think I’m available after that....

I bought these on a whim the other day and they arrived last night.  I’m wearing them now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FMDW4KD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_HXrVFbBTRK3SB?psc=1

These. Are. The. Bomb.  I put on a normally tight top over it, and it’s a lot looser with this underneath it.  This thing works! And the material is a soft silky fabric that actually feels good.  I even bought another. I was going to diet and excerise but this is way easier and only $16.99

Hugs to everyone who needs it! @VarunaTT you are the much bigger person to just pay off the rower and cut all ties.  I hope their stuff gets picked up soon!
    @climbingwife, I hear you on the wine bringing vs making!

I can't believe it's only $16.99!  That shapewear stuff is usually super pricey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy I seriously considered not paying it and sending them on their way, with me having the rower.  They don't care about their credit or they're in such a self-sabotage spiral they can't handle it.  However, I want to be able to live with myself and I have a stupid sense of honor.

They had an excellent, jealousy inducing credit score.  Then they got a Target card.  They forget to set up automatic payments and weren't paying the balance.  Then, they started getting the collection calls.  I was like...you have to pay this.  Then they wanted ME to take the call!  I just said, No, I understand anxiety but you are an adult and you have to do this.  So, they finally get it paid off and knocked their credit by like...200 points?  THEN....yes there's even more....for some reason they finally check the card and there's fraudulent activity on it.  I was like...were you getting statements?  They said yes.  Did you look at the statements?  No, I thought they just sent them even if it was at $0.  **blink blink**  Like...how're you 27 years old and haven't figured out some of this yet?!?!  Oh, and guess what is in the mail in my apartment right now?  All of that fraud stuff.  **washes hands**  Not my issue, maybe you should make arrangements to get your goddamn mail.

As one of my friends has told me before, "It's amazing what we'll do to ourselves for our partners."  The only thing I know is that I desperately needed to feel loved after my divorce and they were right there with the all consuming unhealthy love and idealization and I sucked it up.  It was a rebound that I never should've continued.  Ah well, live and learn even at 43, I guess.
  • Options
    There was an unusual story on my real estate investing forum yesterday that you all might appreciate, just for the mind boggling extreme Trumpism.  The question the guy had is his long-term tenants asked if they could put solar panels on the house.  They were going to pay for everything, materials and installation.  It sounded like a great idea to him, but he wasn't sure of all the ramifications.

I won't bore you all with the details of why this would normally be a bad idea.  But the most confusing part was why would people pay for panels for a house they don't even own.

The poster updated us with what happened when he went to visit them and talk about the solar panels.  The panels they are talking about would cost them $10K.  They'd be used to keep charging the batteries that the couple would be buying.  It's those batteries that would actually be running the electrical for the house.  They want to go off the grid because Biden/Harris won the election and now think society will be falling down around us.  He said they showed him thousands of dollars in doomsday gear and stable food supplies.

Those batteries aren't cheap either!  I have solar panels on my house with a net metering system (it's still tied into the electrical grid) and looked into the batteries at the time.  They are thousands of dollars too and only have a shelf life of 7-10 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @banana468 are you super late?
    I was legit on b.c for years without issues but stress/anxiety/etc hit at one point and i skipped 2 periods. Wasn't pregnant.
    Bodies do weird things when stressed :\ 
  • Options
    Depending on the method used I'm between 1 and 5 days late.  I track my cycles and know I peaked over two weeks go.  That I don't see AF now means I either had a false peak and didn't ovulate, I'm pregnant and it's not showing up on tests or something else is wonky.  I am also 40 and while none of the women in my family hit menopause anywhere NEAR this early cycle wonkiness and stress are all players.

It was NOT a super active month for DH and me by any stretch but we'll see what happens.  

Stress has a major effect and this has been a month that I've been so jittery I had repeated insomnia.  Sleep used to be my super power. 
  • Options
    I gotta say. Right now I'm super proud of myself.
    I'm meal planning a lot of december because I know a lot of it will be mishmash of stuff. Idk if either M or I are off between xmas and new years, so I'm also prepping for that.

We're going to start getting SupperWorks - which some are like 6 portions, so leftovers for lunches or other dinners.

Meal plan so far:

Supper works
    - Baked Schnitzel
    - Chicken Wellington
    - Chicken tenders
    - Portabello Wellington

Crockpot:
    - crack ranch chicken
    - taco ranch chicken
    - cream cheese chicken
    - cheesy chicken & rice
    - meatballs {turkey}

Other:
    - Stuffed Peppers
    - Hamburger helper {made with ground turkey}
    This is so much chicken? Is that deliberate? Like, nearly daily chicken?

I hate chicken so much lol
  • Options
    I'm meal planning a lot of december because I know a lot of it will be mishmash of stuff. Idk if either M or I are off between xmas and new years, so I'm also prepping for that.

We're going to start getting SupperWorks - which some are like 6 portions, so leftovers for lunches or other dinners.

Meal plan so far:

Supper works
    - Baked Schnitzel
    - Chicken Wellington
    - Chicken tenders
    - Portabello Wellington

Crockpot:
    - crack ranch chicken
    - taco ranch chicken
    - cream cheese chicken
    - cheesy chicken & rice
    - meatballs {turkey}

Other:
    - Stuffed Peppers

Hamburger helper, stuffed peppers and meatballs are ground turkey

Pork is too tough for BK {and I've made it in crockpot with a cream soup and she doesn't like *eye roll* }

I'm allergic to red meat/beef
  • Options

Meal plan so far:

Supper works
    - Baked Schnitzel
    - Chicken Wellington
    - Chicken tenders
    - Portabello Wellington

Crockpot:
    - crack ranch chicken
    - taco ranch chicken
    - cream cheese chicken
    - cheesy chicken & rice
    - meatballs {turkey}

Other:
    - Stuffed Peppers
    Mmm, stuffed peppers!!  Are you stuffing them with meat, and if so, what kind of meat?

I'm getting part of a cow this week.  My cousin and I are battling over who gets the tongue.  It's my favourite part of the cow by far.  That will keep me in meals for a bit.

Busy day today!  Being Canadian, while we don't get Thursday Friday off but since most of our customers are American it will be dead!  So while it's busy now, we're looking forward to a chance to breathe at work and catch up on stuff.

I agree @VarunaTT that it sounds like a lot of people are having a rough time.  I've been thinking of you all right now!  Breakups suck, people being sick sucks ... I hope that everyone who has been dealing with something crappy has something unexpectedly and insanely good happen to take their mind off things!  

• Options
    kerbohl said:

Meal plan so far:

Supper works
    - Baked Schnitzel
    - Chicken Wellington
    - Chicken tenders
    - Portabello Wellington

Crockpot:
    - crack ranch chicken
    - taco ranch chicken
    - cream cheese chicken
    - cheesy chicken & rice
    - meatballs {turkey}

Other:
    - Stuffed Peppers
    Mmm, stuffed peppers!!  Are you stuffing them with meat, and if so, what kind of meat?
    Ground turkey, chopped onion, rice and I put cheese at the bottom of pepper, let it heat then add mix and MOAR CHEESE on top
  • Options

Meal plan so far:

Supper works
    - Baked Schnitzel
    - Chicken Wellington
    - Chicken tenders
    - Portabello Wellington

Crockpot:
    - crack ranch chicken
    - taco ranch chicken
    - cream cheese chicken
    - cheesy chicken & rice
    - meatballs {turkey}

Other:
    - Stuffed Peppers

Andplusalso this is for about a month of ideas.
    I just realized I did not clarify that part lol
  • Options
    STARMOON44 said:

This would be my menu too!  Chicken chicken chicken.  Maybe something ground like beef or turkey on one day?

@short+sassy and @MissKittyDanger. Not only is it a low price, it FEELS like a $60 shaper.  Great quality! 

• Options
    STARMOON44 said:

This would be my menu too!  Chicken chicken chicken.  Maybe something ground like beef or turkey on one day?

@short+sassy and @MissKittyDanger. Not only is it a low price, it FEELS like a $60 shaper.  Great quality! 
    😂🤣😂 id be happy eating a roast chicken once a month and other than that no thank you! I’m aware this is a minority view 
  • Options
    STARMOON44 said:

😂🤣😂 id be happy eating a roast chicken once a month and other than that no thank you! I’m aware this is a minority view 
    I admit I was shocked when you said you hate chicken!  Lol.

But I'm sure we all have something!  My UO "hates for food" are Nutella, white chocolate, and sweet tea.  They are so bad I have a gag reflex.  I'm also not a fan of ketchup, most BBQ sauces, and biscuits but can tolerate those items.

I joke to my H that I need to hide my aversions to sweet tea, BBQ sauces, and biscuits so I don't get kicked out of the South, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    STARMOON44 said:

I'm kind of with you. I don't hate chicken so much as find it boring and bland. I feel like the expression "tastes like chicken" is because chicken doesn't taste like anything. 

• Options
    STARMOON44 said:

I'm kind of with you. I don't hate chicken so much as find it boring and bland. I feel like the expression "tastes like chicken" is because chicken doesn't taste like anything. 
    Nah I totally get the chicken thing lol

For reference
    Hamburger helper, stuffed peppers and meatballs are ground turkey

Pork is too tough for BK {and I've made it in crockpot with a cream soup and she doesn't like *eye roll* }

I'm allergic to red meat/beef

Andplusalso this is for about a month of ideas.
    I just realized I did not clarify that part lol