Why on WEDNESDAY

2»

Re: Why on WEDNESDAY

• Options
    ei34 said:
    @short+sassy I’m probably in the hard minority but I say pea-can 
    Me, too!
  • Options
    I grew up with the "wrong" pronunciation. 

• Options
    puh-cahn
  • Options
    So it depends on what mood I’m in. But I interchange those pronounciations.  Mostly pea-cahn though

• Options
    Upper midwest gal here - puh-cahn
  • Options
    PEE CAN PIEEEEE.

"Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.   But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie.  PEE-CAN PIEEEE." 

• Options
    Ooohh, the Pecan debate for Thanksgiving Eve.

What say you, WW?  Do you pronounce Pecan...PEA-can or Puh-CON.

I've lived in CA and Louis.  In both places, I've almost always heard it pronounced Puh-CON and that's how I pronounce it.
    If I'm being annoying "pee-CON" like in a fancy a.f tone.

Normally - pea-can
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2020
    All right, you all.  Now I have to vent.

When I told this guy I could stay a little late to get this package out, I did NOT mean THREE F**KING hours late!  I'm just super PO'ed right now because I've literally been doing nothing but waiting for the last 2 1/2 hours for him to get me the warehouse order to place.  He did reply back to me 90 minutes ago that he was working on it.  He's normally really prompt getting these back to me, so I am surprised it is taking this long.

Anyway, hindsight being 20/20, I wish I'd told him, "Sorry, we'll need to get this out on Monday."  Or clued my boss in and gotten approval for OT.  Or even straight time, since it is a holiday week.  But I'm not getting paid anything for all this extra time that I'm sitting here.

I just bugged him and he said he'll have it back in about 15 minutes.  TBH, at this point, I'm also PO'ed that he himself didn't say a couple hours ago "you know what, I know you're waiting, let's do this Mon."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Popping in to thank everyone for the kind words yesterday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American gals on this board.
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    On the note of pecan pronunciation, FSIL just called me to ask if I eat them. She pronounced it “pea-can.” I instantly replied back, “sure, I’ll eat “peh-cahns.” So I guess I’m some weird place in the middle?