Chit Chat

Guidance for wedding cake

Hi my wedding is on Jul1st 2021, can someone guide me how to select my wedding cake, what all things to plan before and would help me in deciding cake?

Re: Guidance for wedding cake

• Cake is an awesome part of the day ☺️ My venue contracted with a bakery who my H and I scheduled a sit-down and tasting with about six weeks before our wedding.  I had ideas about what I wanted but the baker was really helpful as far as quantity, decor, what made the most sense, etc. You can start contacting bakeries now if you’d like, but I’d imagine they’d schedule to see you much closer to your wedding date.  Happy tasting!
  • can you please guide what research work i can do as want to have cake of my liking, rather than dependent on baker from beginning ? Where to start with to design my own cake and what things to consider?

• can you please guide what research work i can do as want to have cake of my liking, rather than dependent on baker from beginning ? Where to start with to design my own cake and what things to consider?

I’d start googling cakes and see what you like and don’t like. I wanted something minimalist but still pretty. My sister and a super cool over the top cake. Just depends on your preference. 

I’d say consider whether you need the entire thing to be actual cake or if you’re fine with it being partially staged and serving sheet cake (presuming they’re the same quality). It can save a lot of money that way. 
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2020
    This reply reminds me of the (late knottie) CMG days!

ETA: Reply copied to the XP in the Food & Cakes Board...  

• Start by what your wedding theme will be.