Wedding Woes

Christmas Eve Eve

2»

Re: Christmas Eve Eve

• @ei34, good luck to your son on Monday!  I hope his surgery goes smoothly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ei34 good vibes for your son! 

• @levioosa is this the same FSIL that had covid? 

I'm SUPER grateful that DH turned down his BF who is in town.  The friend has a negative test taken on the 19th and is being smart where he lives with his wife BUT she's in emergency medicine and expecting.  I said that while I trust that he's being smart I can't trust everyone he's seen before us and unless he and DH hung out outside and masked I think it's too risky. 

• @banana468 not the same one although I do think she had it back in May because she had cough, fever, fatigue, SOB and COVID toes. Was never tested though. I should start referring to them as FSIL A (the one I am close with) and FSIL B (FI’s older sister, don’t really get along with her). 

• Prepping for our next month SupperWorks order. I think this is what we'll order:

Bohemian Braised Pork Chops {BK will probably have chicken nugget & side}

Greek Salmon

Roast Pork Tenderloin {BK likely won't eat this but we'll see}

Nona's Veg Lasagna

Side - cheesy mashed potato casserole
  • kerbohl said:
    I wrapped my presents eons ago because I suck at wrapping and I just wanted to get it done with.  Like, I am laughably bad.  I have had multiple people point out what a horrible job I did (in a good natured way).  This year, they turned out surprisingly well.  But that's according to my standards - they are possibly still pretty bad.
    same @kerbohl there's no mistaking what i wrap. DS has one with a big gap because I mismeasured and didn't care. And then one for my mom I did the same and just took a small scrap from another present and taped it in place :) 
  • thinking good thoughts for your son's surgery next week @ei34
  • Someday I will find a local friend who loves to wrap and hire them because I hate it. But I also don't really like gift bags - even though I have 100000000000 of them - so wrap I do, just cursing my way through it 
  • kvruns said:
    kerbohl said:
    I wrapped my presents eons ago because I suck at wrapping and I just wanted to get it done with.  Like, I am laughably bad.  I have had multiple people point out what a horrible job I did (in a good natured way).  This year, they turned out surprisingly well.  But that's according to my standards - they are possibly still pretty bad.
    same @kerbohl there's no mistaking what i wrap. DS has one with a big gap because I mismeasured and didn't care. And then one for my mom I did the same and just took a small scrap from another present and taped it in place :) 
    This is my go-to wrapping move.  You are not alone, lol.

Besides, the side of the present that has the tape and overlapping paper...even when it is not as overlapping as it should be, lol...is the side that goes on the bottom and isn't really seen.  Victimless crime, I say!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    kerbohl said:
    This is my go-to wrapping move.  You are not alone, lol.

Besides, the side of the present that has the tape and overlapping paper...even when it is not as overlapping as it should be, lol...is the side that goes on the bottom and isn't really seen.  Victimless crime, I say!
    For real, even as a person who loves to wrap presents (and gets giddy at making them *just* right and pretty), every once in a while, one will show up with a strip missing from the bottom or a separate piece of paper covering the gap.
  • @kvruns Same!  I'm always mismeasuring and then have a gap and have to tack on a piece.  Now I over measure because I'm paranoid, and that looks crummy too!

• I’m wondering if I should  even wrap.....ya’ll are better than i. 

• Happy holidays @mrsmitten! Glad you’re starting what sounds to be really cool positions, even if they’re not challenging your skill set. 

I’m sure the blanket lady understood or at least was sympathetic. This has got to be a really hard time for you and your family. All the good thoughts to you all. 
  • @mrsmitten Autopsy reports are always a mixed bag. Good for information, but I'm glad in your situation it was beneficial.