Wedding Woes
Options

First Tuesday of the year

...hope it’s not too terrible for the Tuesday-dreaders.
I’m anxious/excited about Georgia. 96% having a glass of wine with dinner later. Wishing everyone a healthy day!

Re: First Tuesday of the year

• Options
    I'm in meetings all day today, so hopefully that makes Tuesday go fast!

My dog has an ear ache, and I've been avoiding taking her outside so that it has a chance to die down, but she is not a dog to be cooped up constantly inside.  This morning I took her for a walk with a scarf wrapped around her head.  She looked like an old lady (my oma used to wear scarves on her head).

So help me if this infection causes a relapse of her auto-immune.  Last January was when she first got it, so it would be like 2020 starting up all over again.

• Options
    ei34 said:
    I’m anxious/excited about Georgia. 96% having a glass of wine with dinner later. Wishing everyone a healthy day!

Even being Canadian I've been thinking about Georgia this week.  I hope it doesn't get crazy but ... it sort of already is, isn't it?

• Options
    I'm so anxious about today too. Suffice to say it probably won't be limited to a glass of wine at dinner. :/ I am optimistic about the early voting turnout, though. 

Otherwise, nothing much exciting going on. Yesterday my dog found part of a deer's leg in our woods. It was pretty old, but still gross. I'm still kind of baffled about how it got there. I don't think the deer have any natural predators in the area, so how could it have gotten there? I hate being reminded that my dog is actually an animal. 
  • Options
    Ugh, it's our busy season and I'm working like crazy (and at odd times so I can spend time with DH and DefConn between after work and bedtime).  I slept like crap last night.  I was irritable this morning with DH. Blerg.

I'm so glad I'm off tomorrow and don't have any plans.  I may meet a friend for brunch, but I'd be OK with staying at home and relaxing and getting some cleaning/organizing done.  I do kind of want to go to Costco, but we don't *need* anything from there. 

Trying not to think about GA or tomorrow.  The next 2+ weeks are going to be absolutely insane. I don't think it's going to stop with inauguration either.  

Other than that, SSDD.  Glad podcasts and TV are coming back.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2021
    kerbohl said:
    ei34 said:

Even being Canadian I've been thinking about Georgia this week.  I hope it doesn't get crazy but ... it sort of already is, isn't it?
    It's absolute insanity.  People can only draw on history and there's not a lot in the history of our country to draw on to point to how we got out of the current political climate. I personally feel that if Trump and others who helped him break the law don't face some sort of charges, then it's all for nothing.  And if he pardons himself and that's not challenged, then we're super fucked. 

I saw that all these companies (like 170) signed a letter urging Congress to certify the election.  That's all fine and good, but if they don't withhold money from the people trying to subvert democracy, then the letter may as well have been written on toilet paper. 
  • Options
    OMG @VarunaTT ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.  I hope your symptoms stay mild.  FX'd for a negative test, but that's a lot of of the symptoms everyone I know who's had it says they experienced and in that order.  <3 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I'm sorry you don't feel well.  I know you said you thought it was a matter of time but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.  Fingers crossed that if this is COVID that you recover quickly. 

I'm both nervous about today and tomorrow and the future.  If we keep an obstructionist congress then we'll be having four years where Biden gets nothing done.  That's not helpful.   
  • Options
    I'm glad we ended up not having plans over the holidays.

So Angel had a cold for a bit, and I wiped his nose, and kept him in the bathroom while I showered to steam him {he did surprisingly well but M stayed upstairs so I could get him to let the cat out}
    Anyways, when we took him for a weigh-in he had lost weight. Apparently cats use sense of smell to get an appetite, so they weren't shocked but they were worried.

Sinus infection - possible abscessed tooth but meds would help it. So pill 1x day for appetite increase, and liquid 2x day for infection.
    He sounds better and I haven't had to wipe his nose.

Downside is we have to see an ophthalmologist about his eye. They see something weird. Could be nothing, but they want to get it looked at since no sign of it when he went in November.
    Anyways, we have an appt later this month to see what's up. I'm hoping it's basically a non-issue
  • Options
    I'm ded @MissKittyDanger

Dude cannot explain himself or give up his argument.  

"Oh noes, NOT the sexy string!"  
  • Options
    The curvature suggests mischief

M's fave comment: if he is weirded out by a cartoon tampon, wait until he finds out where it goes.

Lord, he is fragile. It's cotton.

Me: Laughs in pap test
  • Options
    The curvature suggests mischief

M's fave comment: if he is weirded out by a cartoon tampon, wait until he finds out where it goes.

Lord, he is fragile. It's cotton.

Me: Laughs in pap test
    It's gonna ding dong ditch someone.  Because that's what the word mischief conjures up for me.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I wonder what he thinks of the Charmin bears. 

BUTTS AND POOP ARE FUNNY, BANANA, PERIODS ARE GROSS. 

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live - Find  Share on GIPHY

Then he'll love my house where the neverflushers live.  My kids leave presents for me like a cat does. 
  • Options
    Tuesday Tuesday.
    @VarunaTT hopefully thise meds kick in!

After 3 months, my bowflex bike came in.  M put it together on the 1st. I bought a padded gel seat cover for it, which came yesterday. and it helped a bit, but not much.  I have some silicone butt pads coming in tommorow.  I was looking at the padded shorts you bikers were talking about before, but I don’t think they’ll help my cheeks.  I must have thin tushie tissue! Lets hope the butt pads work. And yes, I do both - sit & stand, but the sitting is painful! Otherwise thumbs up for the bike. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT, I hope your test comes back negative and you are okay!  I'm glad you are doing everything you can to ward off blood clots and pneumonia.  Interrupting sleep to take a brisk walk does sound ugh.

Also anxious about the Georgia election!  Also think it should be a night of adult beverages, lol.  Though I keep reading it will be a close race.  So maybe we won't know the results by tonight anyway?  Or am I just scarred now by the presidential election, lol?

My H did a deep clean of our bathroom yesterday!  That was a really nice surprise when I got home.  It's been desperately needed for a long time, lol.  Not much else going on.  Work is surprisingly slow today and I'm looking for things to keep me occupied.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I hope Angel feels better!  Hopefully they don't find anything serious.

@VarunaTT I hope your test is negative!  Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, but the balloons sound like a lot of fun.  

• Options
    Varuna - I'm sorry that you are sick.  My friend was diagnosed a week before Christmas, her doctor also suggested sleeping on their stomachs.  It helps the fluid from potentially building up in your lungs.  Glad you have booby balloons to blow up!

I am hoping and crossing everything for GA today!  Stacy Abrams is predicting no results until tomorrow or Thursday.  I've thrown what money I can to the two candidates and Fair Fight, but now we all must wait.  It is going to be a long 2 weeks!

We got the sink installed last night!  We were only planning to map out our template, but that went so quick, we cut out the hole and placed the sink too.  H will continue to install it tonight and hook up the drain and faucet, though we still need to wait another 24 hours so the drain putty can dry.  
  • Options
    I didn't realize how much I needed some real time off.  I'm more motivated at work the last couple days than i've been in like 3 years.  I've also been sleeping super well the last few nights, which is a pleasant turn of events compared to the last few months.  

@VarunaTT I hope you test negative and feel better soon!
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2021
    Poor Angel @MissKittyDanger

I read about the countertop debacle @OliveOilsMom, kudos to you & H for tackling that on your own! My guys come out Friday to measure and install them on the 22nd.  I was doing my dishes for a good week in my bathtub!!! I had a plumber hook up my old sink on Sunday so now everything is hand washed in my old ugly sink. So I feel your pain. Soon.  Soon our struggles will be over. 

• Options
    Tuesday Tuesday.
    @VarunaTT hopefully thise meds kick in!

After 3 months, my bowflex bike came in.  M put it together on the 1st. I bought a padded gel seat cover for it, which came yesterday. and it helped a bit, but not much.  I have some silicone butt pads coming in tommorow.  I was looking at the padded shorts you bikers were talking about before, but I don’t think they’ll help my cheeks.  I must have thin tushie tissue! Lets hope the butt pads work. And yes, I do both - sit & stand, but the sitting is painful! Otherwise thumbs up for the bike. 
    After using the Sunny now for 3+ months, I find that the padded shorts are a need.  I'm OK now using the bike without the shorts for some of the rides (I did a 45 minute one Sunday in leggings) but after a while I find that the butt and lady bits are feeling sore.  Even when I started 3 months ago using the shorts things were feeling sensitive.  I think it's all a matter of getting used to it. 
  • Options
    Thanks @banana468.  So if I use the gel seat, butt pads AND padded shorts, that should be enough protection? Lol

and wtg on a 45 minute ride!  25 min this morning killed me! I hope to build up that endurance. 

• Options
    Thanks @banana468.  So if I use the gel seat, butt pads AND padded shorts, that should be enough protection? Lol

and wtg on a 45 minute ride!  25 min this morning killed me! I hope to build up that endurance. 
    The padded shorts are all I have!  The shorts pad my rear and a part of the front area.  I swear I didn't want DH to go near me when I first started that area was SUPER sensitive. 

I started off on the Peloton app with 20 minute rides and did those for 2-3 weeks.  I worked up to 30 minute ones and thus far I've done TWO that were 45 minutes.  Sundays I've had more time so in December I did a 45 minute Pentatonix ride and then two days ago I did a 45 minute holiday ride.    I find that the 45 minute rides are challenging but the 30 minute ones pack more sprints and climbs while the 45 one is about endurance.  

I am NOT an athlete.  When we were in Acadia over the summer I felt like crap handing my backpack to Chiquita because I was wiped out as we hiked down one of the mountain trails.   But the bike and rides are helping my confidence and feeling of fitness.

Side note: 3 pound weights are freaking HEAVY. 
  • Options
    Congrats on the new home, @MNNEBride!
  • Options
    Oy vey, the kiddo's car is dead at our house from him being here NYE because of probably his starter.  The tow truck came to get it and is now stuck in the grass of my neighbor's yard (which runs along side my driveway).  The grass is totally fucked. This is a shitshow.  Kind of funny, but not at the same time.  The kiddo took pics of the damage to the grass and the tow truck's info for our neighbors. 
  • Options
    Nervous about politics. I guess that's going to be a perpetual condition from now on.

Trying to work remotely while dog owners and leaf blowers make noise outside my window that I can't do anything about. But enjoying my job.

Get better @VarunaTT and Angel (@MissKittyDanger). Congratulations @MNNEBride! Go @CharmedPam! I remember my bike from when I was a kid. Haven't ridden a bike in a long time but that was fun!   
  • Options
    Congrats on the new home! @MNNEBride

I hope you feel better and stay safe! @VarunaTT

I’m back at work today and I’m already over it. This weekend was mostly nice. FSIL A and her FI ended up coming over for New Year’s. We had a decent time. Yesterday we found out one of FI’s closest friends is on a vent and now receiving dialysis. He’s only 36. His whole family is in the hospital and on vents. It’s so sad. We also found out that another friend had just been discharged from the hospital after being on a vent as well. Both people work with FI and I want to strangle the CEO. This is why people should WFH. There’s no reason to have them come into the office.